Muenkel

Car Advice requested

I am getting rid of my big SUV and purchasing a new vehicle. This should make you tree huggers very happy. The vehicle I am looking at is a 2002 Acura RSX. Do any of you drive one or know someone who drives one. Any opinion on the vehicle would be helpful. It has gotten good written reviews. Thanks.
Skydivers...they're just plain cool!
Chris

Haven't driven the RSX, but I did have a Legend (3.2 when they changed to #'s instead) very very nice.
And why can't you be a tree hugger AND own a SUV? you have to get to the tree's somehow... LEt's see you do that in an Acura :)
Grew up way to fast, now there's nothing to believe, and reruns all become a history....

I don't have the RSX, but it's basically the same as my Honda Prelude, only that Honda discontinued the Prelude but Acura kept on the the RSX.
I also took an RSX for a test drive a few monthes ago. When I test drive cars, I REALLY TEST DRIVE CARS.
The RSX got great pickup, it has gobs of power. It corners like i'ts on rails.
If the reliability of the RSX is anything like my prelude, it will go forever. My prelude has 120,000 miles and is still on it's first set of brakes. Literally nothing has broken. I love my prelude.
I've done nothing except scheduled maintenance to it.
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
AIM: andrewdmetcalfe
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999

The 3's are a good car series, BMW's racing status is improving (much to the dismay of Porsche) and it appears the technology is trickling down to the mainline production models - which model are you looking at? A friend and I both took a 325 and a 330 for a spin last spring and were duly impressed with both, I would consider either for a second car. Plus they are status symbols, no denying it -> so get used to hearing, "What's the diff between a BMW and a Porcupine, ...the Porcupine has the pricks on the outside.". As with any used car, make sure to bring it into a qualified independant mechanic to have a look over before shelling out the cash.

Cars should be reliable enough to get you to the DZ.
Cars should be cheap enough that you have money left over for jump tickets.
If they are big enough to sleep in, that is gravy.
Hint, I have been driving a beat up old VW Westfalia since the early 1990s.

Cars should be reliable enough to get you to the DZ.

Sadly mine DIDN't get me back home from the DZ.... The good thing was that even tho I KNEW it was screwed , I just wasn't AS bad because I just did 4 jumps :)
Grew up way to fast, now there's nothing to believe, and reruns all become a history....

The purpose of a new car and one that gets good gas mileage is that I am now doing about 25,000 miles a year for my job. I need something that is reliable.
The reason I am looking at an RSX is because I have been a big fan of Acuras for 6 years. I have owned a 96 Integra, 99 3.2TL and currently 2001 MDX. I have been very pleased with all of these vehicles.
Skydivers...they're just plain cool!
Chris

actually, the two available now that i'm looking at are both 318i's. they are both from a dealer and are covered under the bmw certified series plan, which gives you, among other things, a five day money back guarantee, 6 year /120000km waranty, and roadside assistance. i'm not going to be looking seriously until july/august so these may be gone by then. descriptions are here and here thanks for the feedback!
nothing succeeds like a budgie with no teeth

i checked there, but i'm a little leery of buying something for over $20k from an individual. i'd rather pay a little more for something waranteed from the dealer, and backed up by the manufacturer. besides, i checked that and there was only one listed east of montreal, happened to be in town at a dealer about a mile from my house, but was gone before i got there.
nothing succeeds like a budgie with no teeth

>And why can't you be a tree hugger AND own a SUV? you have to get to the tree's somehow... LEt's see you do that in an Acura :)
Best off-road vehicle I've ever driven was a Subaru Legacy. Nothing could stop that car. I once drove to Alta in a snowstorm in a Legacy, and when I got to the parking lot, it was full of Legacys with snow tires and big trucks/buses with chains on all four wheels. All the other cars and SUV's had gotten stuck on the access road.
-bill von