Emmie

The Florida nightmare/vacation

(long)
I just got back from the sunny state, or as I would like to call it the cockroach capital of the world. I wish I could say that I loved Sebastian, but I can't. Being there made me appreciate my own friendly little dropzone where everyone knows each other, and helps each other out. The dropzone itself was great, I came during CREW world record attempt practice so I got a great show. And I did meat some good people there. But that was it. The winds picked up the second I got there, so I didn't make a single jump. Everyone was too busy to pay any attention to me, and I will not even talk about the bugs. OK, I will. There are these giant monstrous crickets in the showers about 2 inches long, the second you turn on the water they run out and start crawling in circles around you. Plus, my third and final night there I found roaches in my bed. But that's not the worst part.
The trip made me realize that there are assholes among all people, including skydivers. I ended up being stalked by a middle aged, drunk, perverted fuck. He invited me to have dinner with the rest of the CREW dogs. Me being the trusting naive idiot I never thought anything of it, untill the old fucker got me in a car alone with him in the middle of nowhere, trying to get his way with me. I had to fight him off, and finally managed to make my way home. I then realized that he parked his trailer right across of mine, so I had to sit the whole night terrifyed he was gonna burst in and rape me. I was completely terryfied angry and disguasted. The worst part is that I was there all by myself with noone to help me out. I know it isn't the dropzone's fault, he was just there visiting, but after the whole insident, plust the roach invasion, I physically couldn't stand being there for any longer. All of my expectations were shattered, and I needed to get out of there.
So for the good part. I had a blast in Orlando. I went to all of the parks, plus I put in 40 minutes at the wind tunnel, so by the end of my session I was turning points, and playing tag with the tunnel rat. My flying skills improved by about 200%. The bad news s that I'm still stuck on AFF, after 6 months goddamit. The good news is that geting throught the rest of AFF is going to be a breeze.
So the trip wasn't all a nighmare, besides being stalked and the bug invasion I had a great time. However the next time if ever I visit Sebastian I'm gonna make sure I bring a boyfriend or someone to keep the freaks away, and I'll make sure to book a hotel.

Once again I am stunned to see how many jerk-offs there are in this world. Well, I am glad to hear you able to salvage your vacation. I have been tossing around the idea of trip down to Orlando for the tunnel. It is good to hear it helps.

Sorry to hear about the crappy stuff Emmie. Assholes are everywhere. About the bugs.....they do grow em big in South Florida don't they. Texas too...LOL. Damn things are everywhere. BTW....they don't call them roaches...someone came up with a nicer name of "Palmetto Bug" :D I'm sure the "Big DZ" atmosphere takes some getting used to. You can definately feel a little lonely. You might try Deland next time around. I'm sure Skymama would take excellent care of you. Good luck with your AFF.
"I'm a danger to myself and everyone around me!"-Clay

Real sorry to hear this Emmie, :(
I saw the crickets you were on about (being guy's it did'nt really bother us) we spent quite a few night's feeding em to the frog's.
I'm afraid we did'nt see any asshole's while we were there either (i'm sorry to say) >:(
I hope this doesn't put you off in any way, i plan to finish my AFF here and return back there about the same time next year.
Weather is the one thing that none of us can help with,
i spent 7 hour's waiting around the manifest for a slot whilst watching (seemed like) everyone else jump,
them wind hold's sure suck :( but hell...the summer is just around the corner, :)and we will get there eventually....
..Billions of people living out their lives..Oblivious..

Picking a bit more inland DZ would be a great idea while a student.

Got to agree. I would recommend Deland as it is a big DZ with a skyvan and an otter, relatively close to Orland for day or night trips, and pretty friendly people.
Also had good luck in Lake Wales. Not too far from Orlando. But in the heart of the Blue Hairs. I was there once when some actually came out and clapped for us. Woo hoo!
flyhiB|
"Marge, I'm coming to bed & I've been watching women's volleyball on ESPN."

Sorry to hear about your bad time, Emmie. I've never been to Sebastian so I can't speak for the people or the bugs. All I can say is the jerks are everywhere, not just in FL, and other states have their own kind of bugs that we don't have, so I hope you come back another time, and give us another chance. If you ever get the chance to come to Deland, give me a call.
Andrea
The brave may not live forever, but the timid may not live at all.

That sucks, glad you got to play in the tunnel, that will definately help you out. SHuld have come up to DeLand or over to ZHills. next time... BTW, kick that a-hole in the balls, guys who do that sort of thing should get whats coming to them and it shouldn't be good!

What I can say about Sebastian is it Used to be a great DZ...when vic took over november of 2000 is when things began to change and attitude there also began to change...although it was my home DZ..and still is...I do understand what you say about alot of less than desirable types around the place...did ya talk to mick at all about your problems...or Vic..usualy those guys are great in taking care of problems....
the other thing is you got yourself mixed up in the CREW dogs...that is one problem right there....they aren't the worlds friendliest bunch....or with there right mind on eather...all though Scott Gay is an allright dude...
I think I have said enough...yeah next time try Deland..talk about a hard nut to crack..oh wait you got boobies..wont be a problem for ya....
marc
"I have no fear of falling, I just hate hitting the ground"-The Badlees...

they do grow em big in South Florida don't they. Texas too...

Man when I was in texas we had some roaches in our barracks and I swear youd step on the little basterds and theyd just look up at you funny like "WTF was that for"?? and just scury away!!:S
jason

Emmie,
That sucks! Sorry you didn't have a fantastic time like you were so hoping. But PLEASE don't give up on FLorida! Come to Zhills! Super fast planes, awesome sweet people, and I have never seen any huge bugs there... only mosquitos! And you are free to stay with me and shower in my shiney bathroom! Seriously! Anytime! But if it is before I am able to jump again you aren't allowed to rub it in! Glad you got some tunnel time and made the best of it. You're a trooper!
dove