Viking

If you were rich what car would you buy?

Ok lets just pretend you were filthy stinking rich. What ONE car would you buy? New Old what ever, it just has to be a Mass produces car.
Me I would go a 1995 Toyata MR-2 Turbo Hardtop in a nice bright white. They go for about 21k-25K and less than 100 exsist in the US. :)I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver

so may to choose from.......
merc SL 500 (the new one)
M3 (again, the new one, not the awfull Gremlin looking abortion of a car they came up with 3 years ago)
Mclaren F1
Any Ferrari... beggers cant be choosers!
But in the end, even rich, i'd probably buy something reasonable... I'm a cheap bastard after all....
Remster
Muff 914

BMW 330xi . 225 hp, all wheel drive, relatively unobtrusive. not quick, but fast and handles like a dream. B|
...or, i was reading a c&d article a few years ago, and there's an outfit in california that takes mazda miatas, somehow stuffs a v8 into it, bulks up the chassis and flares the fenders to fit some bigger tires into it. looks like a cobra!
...or, there's another outfit that can jam a viper v10 into a pt cruiser... B|B|
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bunky
get crazy, before it gets you.

Couple of years ago Renault rammed a Renault F1 race car V10 into an 'Espace'. The worlds fastest 'Mom's taxi'
B| Damn thing could blow a Lamborghini Diablo into the weeds:D.
We are talking around 750 horses here
Every day above ground is a good day.

We are talking around 750 horses here

But it was well heavy. Plus, you'd have to strip the engine every 200 miles to stop it going bang.
My choice of car would be - spend the money on one really expensive car, and buy a fleet of bikes !! Ducati 998R, Ducati 916SPS, Ducati 748R (the only ducati that should be yellow), 2002 Yamaha R1, Binelli Tornado, a Honda VFR 800 for touring and carrying my rig, and for a laugh a Boss Hoss (a bike with a 5.7litre Chevvy v8 turbo !!) :D
When you participate in sporting events, its not whether you win or loose, its how drunk you get. :D

A mazorati..

Close enough! Allthough, Maserati changed the styling of the new model based on stupid focus groups in the USA!!!!!! They removed the awsome looking semi circle brake lights coz you silly americians siad you didnt like it! lol....
And Slotperfect.. yeah... DB7... mmmm....
Remster
Muff 914

BMW Z8
Engine: 4.9L 8 Cylinder 394 hp
Transmission: 6 speed Manual OD
Seats: 2
0 to 60 mph: 4.5 seconds

Was going to say Boxster, but I can only imagine how quickly you people would jump on that one.;)
flyhiB|
"To understand Mankind, you must look at its two root words; Mank and Ind."

Hmm,
If I had more money than sense:
a Porsche 550 Spyder - they run about $350K to $500K - absolutely gorgous little car (the death of James
Dean in one effectively started America's love affair with Porsche).
A little less money, and a little more sense:
a Porsche GT3-RS - weights about 2400 pounds and has a normally aspirated 3.6 litre engine that can kick out 380 hp - two problems, requires 98 octane and not street legal in the US. Though the 180K GT2 is street legal but more car than most people appearantly can handle - it's Carrera Turbo without PSM (Porsche Stability Mngt) and without all wheel drive, it's just asking to be spun out.
A reasonable amount of money, and a moderate amount of sense
- rip the pathetic 2.7 litre/220 hp engine out of my Boxster and replace it with the previous rev of 996 Carrera engine (285 hp) - Ruf did this, tuned it and got 301 hp out of it. The reviews of the mod said the car goes like a Carrera Turbo without the turbo lag. MORE POWER! Or a Carrera 4S, a Turbo without the Turbo, and runs for only 80K.