Skyvixen

Don't get me Wrong!!

maybe his health insurance only covers him when he's healthy?

Hehe, pretty funny.:)
Maybe I just got a good deal. Here's the site, see for yourself, it even gives online quotes. If you want to see what the quotes for me are I'm 24 and live in Indiana (46205)

http://www.etdbw.com/fh/stm/servlet/main

B|

"Your mother's full of stupidjuice!"
My Art Project

For me, it's a funny twist of events. I am working hard now and making good money so one day, I can retire, buy a nice trailer and live on the dz, skydiving all day. When I think of that, I think, "maybe these guys and girls have it figured out better than me. They bipased the job, the money, and went straight to the trailer and skydiving all day." So before you compare lifestyles, you might want to re-evaluate some things.

Yeah baby! You read my mind!

(I thought that's what EVERYONE stuck in a supposedly 'good' or 'secure' job who had discovered skydiving wanted? Looks like I was wrong!)

If you want to see what the quotes for me are I'm 24 and live in Indiana (46205)

Oh, well, if you're from Indy, then never mind! ;) Actually, the old Circle City ain't too bad. I actually worked at the Children's Museum down there two summers ago. That was a pretty cool job.B|
A One that Isn't Cold is Scarcely a One at All

I had Fortis for a while after I got out of the military. Yeah it's cheap but the only thing it covers is medical emergencies. I got it in case I hurt myself skydiving or had a car accident. On the other hand...I have Kaiser Permanente for my son. It covers everything with $10 Doctor visits, prescriptions, the works. It costs $96 per month.

Here's the site, see for yourself, it even gives online quotes.

Thanks for the link. For what its worth, here are some of the reasons the coverage is so inexpensive, and why it might be good for you and not for me....

Care NOT covered (From the website):

Charges for normal pregnancy or childbirth
Wellness visits
Preventive care
No vision, dental or foot care
No coverage at all if you travel outside US & Canada
etc.

If you can do without all those types of things, then the coverage might be suitable. I'm not saying it is a bad deal, just that you have to understand the deal you are getting. When I was single and between jobs, something like this might have been fine. But it can't be mistaken for comprehensive coverage, or family care.

You got to catch us fast...and it won't last!
I Have a job with a decent salary. A decent car. My own apartment downtown and a steady girlfriend:)Now I have started jumping. I got fired:o, so no more money coming in. My car needs $1300 of repairs:S, may have to sell it. Since I jump for all my money, I may not be able to handle the mortage anymore[unsure]. Hey, I may have to move into a trailer at the dropzone. My girlfriend complains B| that I'm allways away jumping all the time, so who knows what will happen to that relationship.
I was a tidy man, good job, nice car, steady girlfriend.
I started jumping...soon I'll be living in a trailer, packing for food and jumps.
Whatever keeps me happy B|B|B|
-fudd
Trust no one!

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Ok lets get this straight......
I live at a DZ, I live IN a trailer, I drive a POS...does this make me a "Low Place" person?
I also own 2 houses in other states, 2 cars elsewhere, have a portfolio and a 401k
Oh and let us not forget 8 years of higher edumacation...........so my last 2 statements are..........do not judge a book by its cover, and if you do.....then sc&%$ you and the horse you rode in on.*thinks one can change their name but not their spots

and she rocks!

heya how about you take my job and i'll jump as much as she does..

Z has a serious case of jump envy
believe me as soon as i can reasonable afford to do so i'm quiting too..work sucks..

but then i remember as one of my friend said "if i werent jumpng with you today i wouldnt eb jumping" so...

its all about trade offs and right now i trade my time for the time it takes to jump as much as i want when i have time to do so.

ps. i can open a Skvan door too!

You're also going to have to pay $500 a month or so for your own health insurance.

I sincerely doubt that. I am currently paying for my own health insurance (damn temp job) and it is just under $50 a month. :)

Wow, who's that with? It's $450/mo for the quotes we got, but of course, that's full family. No dental or vision even with that though!

Hmmm, I pay $44 a month for my policy from Blue Cross and that actually includes dental. It's probably because I'm young and healthy, but still... Even my boss, who has more coverage than he needs and is in his fifties pays $300 a month or so. Where is insurance that expensive?

SWF - Loves jumping (and being jumped); enjoys sunset loads and linked exits; prefers to fly headdown but likes all disciplines; all openings on-heading.

Couldn't resist the opportunity - so many prime cuts out there!

o.k. you started it Dove..

SWM- 26 years of age, works out regurlarly, holds women in the HIGHEST respect, Loves jumping (and being jumped) hehe, Loves to go head down but tends to get out of control, so prefers the sit more. Loves high performance landings and DOES NOT HAVE performance anxiety.. LOL

Rhino

Well,I do understand the misconception that most skydiving guys could be seen as the carefree rogue,but I dont think that all of them are.I've learned that theres always an exception to everything in life.

I myself wish I could find a great skydiving guy.

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

Cool idea. Let's do the personal ads thing. My g/f works with lawyers and some of them are looking. However, some of them only date girls with jobs in the legal profession or on their level. So, if skyvixen meets their criteria, maybe I can hook her up. If she could post her age, measurements, min. salary req., and educational level, then I will forward. B|

This thread kinda went in a weird direction...insurance! :D BUT..I'm gonna bitch for a minute (it's what I do best after all :P). I'm attempting to get the $500/mo insurance (just sent in the stuff today) through BCBS (because it's most widely accepted around here). This is my first time buying insurance privately, not getting in through mine or my spouse's employer. It's friggin pissing me off! >:( My son had heart surgery at 10 days old so, even though he's been fine now for nearly 7 years, he has a 'pre-existing condition' and I'm awaiting to see if they'll even accept him! They say even if they do they might have all these 'exceptions' to what they'll cover. He has to get checkups for his heart every two years, which is coming up next month, and I'm getting this crap from the insurance company. Basically, pay me a lot of money, but if there's any chance you might actually NEED the insurance you're paying for, we don't want ya! And we all know what kind of help he'd get if we went in without insurance and they saw something wrong (not like I expected them to find something last time...one minute it's checking a 'regular heart murmur that he'd probably grow out of'...the next it's "he's about to die, we have to lifewatch him for surgery now to the best children's hospital in the nation" :o) So...anyway, thanks for letting me rant. [:/]

PLFXpert, No comment :) I love to swoop the watering hole ;)

Pammi, sorry for your ordeal. I am glad your son is o.k. Insurance companies suck!! Kill em all!! Bastards!! >:(

sorry :)

Segador is about to kick the hell out of the ferry man and walk through the insurance company.