PLFXpert

WHAT DO NORMAL PEOPLE DO?

I've been w/out my canopy for 3 weeks b/c it was being re-lined. I just got it back but I was supposed to have it back before this past weekend and had been REALLY looking forward to jumping after two weekends off. When Friday came and went and still no canopy I was pissed. I tried to make the best of the beautiful weekend but was bored out of my mind. BZ and I looked at each other and were like, "What the hell do normal people do on the weekends?"

We live on the beach so we surfed and hung out, but after a couple hours...we were bored stiff.

Geez, it's as if skydiving makes everything else seem less fun!

i don't know if i don't have my rig i still go to the dz and just hang out. i thought that is what normal people did.

i guess the abnormals go shopping or to a movie or yard work ( which i haven't done in 2 years in fact i got rid ofmy rass and put rock down so i didn't have to mow anymore )
but all the normal people i know are at the dz.
if fun were easy it wouldn't be worth having, right?

I play computer games, watch movies ( i have over 200) and sometime my brother and i go to the beach and boogie board for two or three hours. I am pretty good waisting time.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

good Idea sebazz..got 4 grand I can borrow. HAHA
I have no Idea!! but I am getting A pretty good idea of what whufos do.... And Im losing my fucking mind.
go see my "NEw thing in america" post.
BTW the ONLY reason Im not at the dz is B/C its closed today.

I am beginning(?) to rememebr why the left Long Island....every one has dreams but no ambition to chase them. It drives me nucking futs!!!
My photos

My Videos

Speaking of relining canopies....I heard the funniest story this weekend. A RIGGER!!! Got a new line set and took it out to jump it. Only to find out that he had put the line set on backwards. Long lines in the front and short ones in the back...:D Kinda puts it out of trim. I guess he had a nice soft opening...before it collapsed a couple times and he cut it away......:D:D:D I would have definately paid to see that!!!!

Well, I don't know about you, but sometimes when I'm rigless (not often these days, as I've got three functional dry-land rigs), I:

Open the closet, blow the dust off the old skydiving rig, hook up the wingsuit, and jump out of airplanes.

Oh, wait, you meant what if you don't have a skydiving rig?

When that happens, I just go jumping. B|

God, I'm such a smart aleck on this board sometimes. It feels good to get away from the serious me in my normal on-line home.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Remind me NOT to give my rig to Hicks for checkups and NEVER borrow his rig!

Going off on a tangent...gosh I do love that guy. He is a walking wealth of skydiving knowledge and always willing to share. Wish he would come out to the DZ more. Guess the wife wants him home some now that she no longer jumps.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

speaking of backwards canopies i knew a guy who after a cutaway hooked his main up backwards

This guy at the DZ was telling me he did that years ago but he didn't wanna pay $60 for a repack so he landed the damn thing! He just did a backward PLF and got up and walked away...i was like :o lol
Yeah i never know what to do on Saturdays anymore other then go to the DZ. I'm sitting there going...hmmmm what did u used to do..?? lol

I've only had my rig for a month now, and she's already due for a repack the first week of September. I was not happy until I realised that, conveniently, I have to go to a wedding that weekend anyway. How's that for timing!

As for 'normal', I vaguely recall camping, yardwork, BBQ's and such things. I remember doing those things last summer, before I started skydiving. :P

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Yea, we pretty much did everything you guys mentioned: we surfed, shopped, went to see the movie, "Signs" and hung out on the beach. Both days we ended up starting to drink early, eat junk food and watch T.V. Ha ha ha.

Actually, I hadn't been to see a movie in forever, so it was fun. We got nachos and cheese, buttery popcorn, a large soda and sno caps. I haven't had movie theatre food in forever, either so that topped it off!;)

But.....I'd much rather have been skydiving!