jfields

The X-Ray Thread - Post 'Em Here!

all this time i sit here and thought you where this mild mannered realestate agent.

Oh, I am. As I was explaining it to a friend the other day, I always hit back, but never hit first. And that stragegy was great in tourne's, too, cause then they had to defend after attacking, and most people can't fight well in both areas. Not to mention they were generally having to fight while going backwards...tee hee.....

As to getting my "b", this accuracy landing thing is getting to me....I've tried to find out if you have to land on your feet, or if your bottom counts...

Actually, shortly, I will be taking the B license - likely after the October festivities...but I'll know more then.

Ciels and Pinks-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

As to getting my "b", this accuracy landing thing is getting to me....I've tried to find out if you have to land on your feet, or if your bottom counts...

The online SIM says "landed within 10 meters of target center on ten jumps." I interpret that as making initial contact with the ground within the cirlce, and once you've done that anything goes (falling down, running out the landing outside of the cirlce, whatever).

And no, guys don't dig scars....

Mine does...:)-Patella (Jasmin versus runway, downwind on 25 knot day)
-Tibia (Jasmin versus Plank Swing's T-bar and Cement Pad)
-Incisor (Jasmin versus ground on Tandem Demo)
-Distal Phalanges (Jasmin versus car door)
-SKULL: Frontal, Parietal and Temporal (Jasmin versus out of control car careering onto footpath)
-Coccyx (Jasmin versus 3 metre swell inside harbour in speedboat)
-Coccyx (Jasmin on bike versus stairs)
-22 stitches on forehead (jasmin versus wooden table)
-48 external abdominal stitches (Jasmin versus doctor without a clue!)
-28 internal abdominal stitches (see above)
-Facial Burns (Jasmin versus drunk skydiver dancing with a cigarette at Thai Boogie)
-8 stitches on lip (jasmin versus boy)
-4 stitches on left calf (Jasmin versus dog)
-Sprain of Erector Spinae muscles (Jasmin versus bra and boy)
-6 Large syringes (biopsy) into lymph nodes and surrounding tissue (Jasmin versus lump in neck...to be continued.....:()
Lost all bar the last 3!:D:$
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

I have forgotten to add the worst injury while skydiving: Permanent damage to my psyche and scars of moral fibre after seeing grown up men jump out of a plane in womens underware during the 4th of July event at my home DZ Zephyr Hills. And the worst thing is that there is no hope of me recovering after this harrowing experience;)
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

Man, I have to say you guys are seriously accident prone. Maybe you should consider another sport...

Anyway, I'm no stranger to the emergency room, though I never seem to break anything (knock on wood).

I've had:

Stitches in my head (fell as a baby)
Stitches in my knee (running at swimming pool)
Thumb traumatically amputated and reattached (shopping cart accident)
Four teeth (fell down stairs)
Broken nose and massive concussion (hit tree at speed in sled)
Stitches in knee (bicycle accident)
Finger almost cut through (dropped a rock I was trying to move)

That was all before the age of twelve. Since then, I've hurt myself a few times on a skateboard and have had two motorcycle crashes, but no injuries worth recounting. I'm getting better...

I've only been to the hospital once to have anything done.

Pinkie finger vs. electric hedge clipper.

Finger loses, and I get 6 stitches. I took some ibuprofen, rinsed it out and seriously considered just using a few band-aids. I decided I had insurance, so I might as well use it. My fix probably would have worked, but left me with a bigger scar.

I am totally out of my league with you people. You are like accident magnets! ;)

Man, I have to say you guys are seriously accident prone. Maybe you should consider another sport...

Yes but very few are skydiving related!!!

I don't have x-rays but damaged a bone in my foot dodging powerlines on landing and even now 8yrs later it gets bloody sore at times.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

don't have the x-ray - only the picture. hard landing almost 2 years ago. l2 busted - had to sacrifice a rib to reconstruct it. will have the hardware removed in two month.:S
how high can you fly with broken wings ...
life's a journey not a destination

scar.JPG

two and a half month in hospital. had no legs after impact (paralised from the waist down). accident happened on oct. 28, 2000; was back in the air march 10, 2001, had my first reserve ride on my 4th jump after the accident - was ready to pack it all up and walk away - I didn't (thank goodness). will be in trouble for the rest of my life with my back, but that' a price I'm willing to pay.
I'll post a pict. of the metal when I'll get it out in november...
how high can you fly with broken wings ...
life's a journey not a destination

To heck with x-rays, I'll show you the real thing! These are photos of the inside of my arm. They are NOT for those with weak stomachs. Remember, I warned you! I have included an x-ray at the bottom so that you can see the final result. Please note in the x-ray that I have had a pro dytter installed for future safety. Soon everyone will want one!

http://www.teaminfinitycrw.com/jacksarm.htm

Jack Gramley
Computer Consultant

My cat scratched up my left eye when I was 9. My dad took me to the emergency room. It was eleven at night. Our company in the waiting area was a knifing victim.

To this day I can't stand the idea of eyeballs being handled. The sight of someone fucking with his contact makes me drop to the floor and assume a fetal position.

Otherwise, I've been pretty lucky as far as accidents go. Knock wood.
Skydiving is for cool people only

To this day I can't stand the idea of eyeballs being handled. The sight of someone fucking with his contact makes me drop to the floor and assume a fetal position.

[singing]Oh, Jessica...![/singing] you gonna be at Perris this weekend??!!;)

Can't scan my CAT scans here for viewing, but a horse-related accident crushed my left eye socket, popped my eye out and ruptured it.

Fractured nose, zygomatic arches bilaterally (cheekbones), jaw (wired shut and lost >15 lbs in 9 days in the hospital), and shattered my left eye socket.

Got a titiniam plate in my head now and a marvelous painted eye. The occularist who made my eye was a gem. He painted a picture of a parachute at the top of it! B|

Didn't start skydiving until 8 years later. Nothing major since then.

cya guys this weekend at Perris!
ltdiver
PS And I was told to play it safe by my doctor way back then! Hmmmmm.....

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

No broken bones, no stitches, no cavities. B|

Me too. I did have a hard landing on my tailbone a few weeks ago. Spent a week hurting and made an appointment with the chiropractor. By the time of the appointment, I've basically healed completely.

Chiropractor examines my spine from skull to butt. Says, "Damn, you've got a perfect spine. Are you SURE you work with computers all day long?"

Still, he doesn't get paid unless he makes some vertebrae click, so he pushes and clicks something anyway. Damn that feels good!

First Class Citizen Twice Over