Jasmin

WTF: Single and loving it?!!!!

[sigh]Ok, I am officially anouncing that I am giving up on dating men altogether[/sigh]. That is, unless some charmer here intends to try and convince me otherwise! My relationships always end messily and painfully, and my perspective right now is that it really isn't seeming worth it. Go figure, the long ones have been skydivers and the short ones whuffos (is there a message there?!)
I've done the celibate thing but am not stupid enough to repeat that one! I made a bet I could last a year....I made it 9 months and through the World Meet....then sanity (or is it hormones?!:D) kicked in!!!!
Hello to singledom and "special" friends, 'coz this little chickie has had enough!
[:/]:$:D:o
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

I thinkn you siad that before Jas. :P
maybe its just that ONE guy..(or type of) haha!
I know for a fact that there are people all around you that would like to pick you up!(sometimes you gotta look in different places)
Cheer up, at least you've got a ton of studying to do .:P
My photos

My Videos

[sigh]Ok, I am officially anouncing that I am giving up on dating men altogether[/sigh]. That is, unless some charmer here intends to try and convince me otherwise! My relationships always end messily and painfully, and my perspective right now is that it really isn't seeming worth it. Go figure, the long ones have been skydivers and the short ones whuffos (is there a message there?!)
I've done the celibate thing but am not stupid enough to repeat that one! I made a bet I could last a year....I made it 9 months and through the World Meet....then sanity (or is it hormones?!:D) kicked in!!!!
Hello to singledom and "special" friends, 'coz this little chickie has had enough!
[:/]:$:D:o

Ahh don't worry dear.. i feel the same as you.. althouh i don't think it matter skydiver or not.. just people in general it's a hard think to keep a good relationship.. espically when there 1 sided.. I just started Skydiving, and can't wait to do more.. i think it helps to take my mind off of it all.. espically when your in the plain looking out ready to go.. hehe

Getting hurt because of some asshole/bitch not taking a relationship as serious as you hurts like hell. I'm there with you(I just got dumped last week after 5 years)...maybe being single aint so bad.
At least noone will be bitching about you being at the DZ every weekend...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

OK,

Just insert WOman anywhere she siad man and it's a ditto for me.:|

Spent the past year hanging with a "friend" always letting it be known it was not and was NEVER gonna be more. So now I'm the ass for finally ending it. WE were good friends with great benefits, but she felt alot more. I knew I was wasting time and not being "eligible" for when something else came along.

Shitty part is here I go full on single into the winter. It's tough to meet women in winetr from my expereince.

Oh well I guesss I'll save $$$ on gifts n such over the holidays!B|

kwak
Sometimes your the bug, sometimes your the windshield. Sometimes your the hammer sometimes your the nail. Question is Hun, Do you wanna get hammered or do you wanna get nailed?????

Getting hurt because of some asshole/bitch not taking a relationship as serious as you hurts like hell

Heh. I know all about that. :P

My spouse of 6 years (dating 4 years before that) told me out of the blue she doesn't love me anymore and loves her dance partner (who was supposed to be a friend of mine). Nothing like getting double-backstabbed.

So no nookie for me for a while. :(

On the upside, I did 12 jumps this past weekend and 10 jumps the weekend before that. It's weird being able to jump as much as I want and stay at the DZ as long as I want. Kinda nice actually. :)
So singledom, just like anything else, has it's ups and downs.

And Jasmin, at least you're a chick. You can get it pretty much any time you want. We guys have it a little tougher. :P

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

Think of it this way. If you have a messy and painful landing after a good jump your not going to give up skydiving, are you ? No ! Ok, so you may curse and swear on your way to the ER, but you know that your going back up there as soon as your fit again, and you certainly look fit to me.
Don't give up on relationships, just give up on those jerks who don't know how lucky they are.
Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

Reading these posts and all the encouragement people give each other is great.
I'm in the process of seperating after 12 years together, 4 1/2 of them married. Oh well:S
So beginning my AFF has to be put on hold for a bit. Have to concentrate on getting a roof for my bitty head...LOL.
Keep saying those kind words everyone. Alot of us reading them that need em but just not saying much;)

Hey worry not:). Most amazing thing - he did not want to let me in. So I went to the car, got my entrenching tool and gave him the runaround. Then I took my loudspeakers and my DVDs (am I not a typical male pig) and left. I also left a child and a car and a fully paid for house and everything else I owned. Now, 10 months later I am a happy? single. At least I don't have the hassle of constant bitching - Oh, I want a Rolex, your watch is better than mine (true quote). I actually is nice to be able to live your life the way you want to.
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

DAMN Jraf! *clinging tighter to Merrick* I'm so glad to not be going through that whole dating scene (or being with someone untrustworthy) anymore! I did the whole catch-and-release program for a while too before him, but it gets a little lonely after you get over the fun of hearing it turned around (IE: "You make me feel so used!"). Then there's the whole double-standard on how it's 'wrong' for a woman to do such things or have 'numbers' even in the double-digits, never mind if it starts with a '2' or more.

Good luck guys! There is hope, really!

Besides, I need skydiving money

I know what you mean. From a financial point of view I had to decide what I wanted more : A new car, a new relationship or an AFF course. I chose the latter because
A) It's less expensive than the other two.
B) It's not as noisy.
C) It's less likely to kill you.
:)
Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

damn man.

Here are some special select verses in reference to constant 'nagging': :)
With such nagging she prodded him day after day until he was tired to death. Judges 16:16

Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife. Proverbs 21:9

Better to live in a desert than with a quarrelsome and ill-tempered wife. Proverbs 21:19

A quarrelsome wife is like a constant dripping on a rainy day. Proverbs 27:15

There's more but I gotta get some work in for a change. -Me

Pammi - standards are the same for both sides. Men are the same as women. I knew there was something going on for a long time. I did not want to make any sudden moves as a) there was a little feller called Alex b) I was not without fault - but to have someone sleep in my bed WHILE my kid is at home - now that's rich. So I cut away on that relationship - 7 years down the tubes - WOW!
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

My heart goes out to you...
It is always difficult to know what to say to people in these situations and not sound cheesy, cliche or a whole host of other things that I don't want to sound like so here goes:
Be safe, be true to yourself and when the pain subsides maybe get up and try again. We are not all bad, and some of us even are aware that we have shortcomings and are willing to work on them..
Oh.. and in my experience relationships with whuffos are instantly stressed as they can't understand why you need to be at the DZ every weekend (If you like to be there that much), and that is a recipe for trouble. Not to say that it can't be done.

..It is far worse to live with fear, than to die confronting it.

Sarah Jessica Parker said it all..."I'm one date away from being bitter"
Go do a sunset jump...solo...and you remember how good alone can be...
I hear ya though! Every disappointment makes me one step closer to becoming a nun...but most skydivers believe that everything happens for a reason...so dont lose hope that when time gives the okay, you will be swooped off your toes!;)

AH, DEAR JAS...
Been there lady. I am a newbie with a torrid past...My twenties are a blur, too many men, too much partying...I was definitely into the catch and release thing.
But yeah, your heart gets thumped on pretty hard sometimes when you realize that the thrill for thrill's sake got blind-sided by feelings for some one who originally you didn't want "any strings" with...
I got married-BADLY-to a mysterious bad boy..that I had met in a bar...How cliche, Huh? Anyways, I was loyal to him and stuck through with him through a lot of garbage...But it ended with divorce.
Five years ago...Been celibate this whole time, too! (Although barely on a few occassions!!) Being celibate can be really tough, especially when good loving would be the perfect thing to end up a day...Like after my first jump when I was on such a great adreniline rush.
ONLY NOW it seems that I finally got my head on straight and ready to move on.
It is weird though just getting into skydiving and going to the DZ all by myself. As a single and unfamiliar woman, I'm finding that the guys are friendly, helpful, flirty and fun (most) and the women tend to be offish, some what aloof and REALLY TERRITORIALl!! (But to be fair the Skydiving women are getting friendlier now as they see that I am loving the learning of the sport as I am now AFP and getting to be a familiar sight at the DZ.)
Hang in there JAS. "This too share pass."
MY FIRST SKYDIVE WAS AN EPHIPANY FOR ME.......

celibate

This is one thing you only hear women say!! In Male language its called a "dry spell"!!

From a male perspective it seems so strange to hear about women having to try really hard to NOT have sex!!:P
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------