harro

Change your life.......

If I knew back then what I do now.....there are lots of things I would change. But............in all the things that has happened there are lots of good things that stumbled along my way???? The greatest is my daughter. Regrets? sure........but why dwell on the bad when you can focus on the good and look to the future, and try to make what you wanted to happen then, happen now?

Just my .02

I would have finished college and become a marine mammal trainer or something to that affect.
I would have traveled more.
I would have tried to meet as many people as possible instead of being shy, and made more lifetime friendships.
I would have told my parents I loved them more often and hugged them more often. Ditto goes with the family.
I would have partied more in high school.
I would have been more sensitive to people I hurt and been more open to people that hurt me.

I guess I could still make some of those happen.

i would go back to age 18 and not wastethe money that was set aside for me. Then i would try to get my Alicense just a tad bit quicker........
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

I would go back to when I was 17 and get it right this time around.

I would change f**king EVEYTHING!
  1. I would have started skydiving when I first had the notion in 1992 and not 10 years later
  2. I would never botherd with a business undergrad and an MBA - what a waste of time
  3. I would have never entered the corporate world - what a bunch of fake loosers
  4. I would have burnt my TV set before I bought it
  5. I would have screwed my ex and then in the morning told her to go and never come back
  6. I would have never accepted a pre approved credit card in college
  7. I would have the guts to stand up to my parents instead of confirming what they say and turning my back on them
  8. I would have never smoked cigarettes - it's been 10 years since I quit and I still regret I ever smoked
  9. I would have invested much more in my personnal cultural development
  10. Maybe I would have joined the army and went career
  11. I would have learned to say NO much earlier
  12. I would have saved money to be independent
  13. I would have just changed everything>:(

jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

I had to think about this for awhile, but I've concluded that I would not change anything! So far - to age 52 - I've had a resonably happy life and all that I've done, decisions I've made - right or wrong - have brought me to where I am today and I can honestly say that I've never been happier. I do wish I would have started skydiving sooner, but that's about it. Thanks, Harro, for giving me reason to reflect!

"All that you touch and all that you see is all that your life will ever be" - Pink Floyd

Brisco

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

While I don't have anything close to an ideal life, I can't really think of much that's in my control that I would change. They're part of me.
I could wish that my friend Kathy hadn't died. If that hadn't happened, I might still be married, I might not have quit skydiving for 15 years.
I could wish that I were a little less distractible, so that I ended up as a doctor instead of a programmer. But basically I've done a lot of the things that people regret not having tried. I recommend highly doing a lot of stupid things when you're young. Friends and family might think you're weird, but they'll envy you when you've done all those things and you don't have regrets. You won't have sacrificed your kids' future, or your credit rating -- you don't have them yet!
Of course, that means that the not-so-bright decisions are part of you also... But that's OK.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Some times I think that there are things that I would have done differently, but then I realize that those things along with all the good things make me who I am. How I reacted to the circumstances and the decisions that I made as a result of them, good and bad, are who I am. I dont want be some one else. I like me with all of faults and all of the good things. If I changed everything then I wouldnt be me. Dont get me wrong there are alot of faults that I work on changing about myself but the struggle to better myself is also a part of who I am. I wouldnt change a thing.

I think that's great. Sure there are things that I would probably do differently if given the chance, but the decisions that I have made in my life make me who I am today.

I think one of the most fantastic things in life is to be able to smile when you know you are about to die. For the fear to be gone, and to have that moment of clarity when you think about your whole life, the good and the bad, and be able to say, "all in all, I don't think I did half bad".

Ah! I started crying!!! Ah!!! Damn, I might as well grow a vagina, start shaving my legs and wearing skirts. Ah!!! Sorry, got way to serious...too deep...too deep...

Anyway, point is, Brisco, I like what you said. :)

-S

If I had ti die now, at 34, I would be smiling - no more BS, no more naging, no more asking about an uncertain future - just peace and quiet. I have a problem though - two brothers who could not face me gone, the way I would not survive if something happened to them
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275