mountainman

Do you like turbine...

And it's a Diesel powered bike! Why can I not get a simple Td5 Diesel engine for my Land Rover. Why do I have to live with this V8 monstrosity that gives me 9mpg. Why do we have to be so wasteful in this country? I want my Diesel engine!!!!!:(
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

will have a new gsxr 1000 soon

Woohoo...nothing like going all out when you wanna go fast!

You need to get that baby out on a track. I'm sure some motorcycle shop or club has track days at Mid-Ohio or another close track.

Fun fun fun!
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

I bet it has a awesome sound when flying along going throught he gears!!!

if i remember correctly, there were no gears, it just sort of goes on a direct drive mechanism.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

I had a Katana 1100 for 12 years. I was really tempted to put the turbo on it, but decided to finally get a new bike instead. Just traded up to a 2002 BMW K1200rs. 130 HP, telelever, shaft, fuel injection, electronic cruise control, and the most very bestest of all HEATED GRIPS.

OMG heated grips are the most astounding thing ever on a motorcycle. Warm hands on cold days.

Yeah, it's heavy, but it's faster than ice on hot glass.:)

You need to get that baby out on a track.

Actually, there's a track day at mid-ohio next week!
I think all the actual riding schools are done there for this year... never did get to one, was jumping too much all summer!
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

If I need to go faster than 120 I will do it in the air! I have a Buell Lightning X1, It accelerates fast and only goes 145mph. Thats more than enough for me. The idea of going 180+ 2 feet above the pavement sounds fun and painful at the same time. You dont have a reserve tire in case you blow one out at that speed. Just my 2 cents. I like to go fast, but its just too damn crazy with all the idiot drivers out there. At least in skydiving there are fewer people to "pull out in front of you" while in freefall. When I ride my bike, I pretend no one can see me, I manage to stay alive.

-Jason
You may push me around, but you cannot win!
You may throw me down, but i'll rise again!

Jay Leno has one of these beasts. Thay are definitely slow to accelerate. They also have a limited range (they run out of gas - quick). The same company also put one of these engines in a Ford Ranger. It was pretty useless. High fuel consumption, power was not "useable" and it was damned expensive.
The company uses engines that cannot be used in aircraft anymore. Turbine engines have a finite lifespan. The engines are still serviceable, but FAA regs are FAA regs.
Quatorze, maybe you could grab the next engine you guys are discarding and we could build a new golf cart for the DZ!?!?!

The laws of physics are strictly enforced.

***Reports say it's not that fast off the line; the turbine has to spool up before you get much power. It's great for breaking speed records but not so great for winning races.

A firend of mine has one and a gsxr will beat it for about two seconds and then it's see ya .The sound is incredible and everyone notices you . It's over 300 hp and does over 50,000 rpm's but the output is around 6000 rpm's . I have ridden it a few times and can say without a doubt it is the most extreme thing I have ever driven . The last time I rode it I did 185 and it still had more left in it . The bikes owner has been 220 on it and wants to go faster . It is bad ass and I have to go jerk off now as typing this gave me wood !

It's a bitch in traffic, too. I read an article about Jay Leno and his rocket bike. A car pulled up too close behind him while he was parked at a light and the heat from the exhaust melted part of the bumper.

That's damn funny.:ph34r:

Kris
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™