kevin922

Check THIS plane out

Everytime I see a picture of that plane, I think of "head, move, ach, it's like an orange on a toothpick, it's like sputnik, round and pointy in parts. It's got it's own weather system..."
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

"head, move, ach, it's like an orange on a toothpick, it's like sputnik, round and pointy in parts. It's got it's own weather system..."

now he's going to go cry himself to sleep on his BIG PILLOW!!! :D
spiral out...keep going...

Where I grew up, Long Beach, California, we used to have TB377SGT Super Guppys flying over head all the time. I lived a few blocks away from LGB and the McDonnell Douglas plant there. They were used to transport Saturn 5 parts to Florida for assembly.

Now, we occasionally get to see C-17 Globemasters. Screw the Herc, I want to jump out of these truly impressive airplanes. (Could easly operate out of Perris as is!) You'd only need THREE to put up a 300-way!
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I had the opportunity to see a C-17 up close and personal a week ago. It would fit on the Perris runway but it would be a pretty tight fit. The wings would come pretty damn close to smacking the trees in the packing area.

How 'bout elsinore while we're at it? It's a dirt strip and I think it's long enough.:D

J
YSD#0009
J
YSD#0009

Someone said that the Perris runway is 3000 feet long, but is it 90 feet wide? I imagine the wings would be intruding on the packing and landing areas. Still, that would be the coolest jumpship ever!

Perris is currently prepping to widen the runway!B|

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Where I grew up, Long Beach, California, we used to have TB377SGT Super Guppys flying over head all the time. I lived a few blocks away from LGB and the McDonnell Douglas plant there. They were used to transport Saturn 5 parts to Florida for assembly.

There is a Super Guppy based in Houston. I saw if flying a few times on my way to work. Amazing to watch it fly.

Hook

When you are in Germany near Hamburg, you can see them any time flying airbus parts in and out of the Hamburg Finkenwerder Factory. Their approach is very low over the city. It looks weird. Difficult to believe these things can fly. The predecessor of the Beluga was called the Super Guppy (and looked like it...)

Thomas

Oh now that is just sweet. Could you imagine if they put a double deck in there with some sort of ramp for you to get from upper to lower deck and then run out some sort of back door? What do you think? Twice the number of jumpers as the 727?

Chris

Having seen the inside of one of those suckers I reckon you'd be able to get 4 decks in there. Of course getting it off the ground with that many people inside would be another issue altogether....:)
Have a look at http://members.optushome.com.au/mark_forsyth/ there's a few eminently jumpable aircraft in there. Feel free to use any of the photos as you will. Excluding publication for profit of course...:)

Ooroo
Mark F...