lauril

Just wondering

I was at sunset load the other day, and it was the most beautiful sunset I've ever seen above ground, the sea, coverd with clouds painted orange by the sun..all that suset shit..you know...but that's not the subject....
We're jumping from a cessne 206, so there was six people on board, and four of them left from about 8000 ft. and there I was with an rw guy going up...
As we arrive to the exit altitude, I wondered that what does an rw guy do if he has to, for some reason, jump alone ???
He said that he's going to just enjoy the sunset...
Hell yeah I enjoyed the sunset too, but in in a sit or headdown, and I had serious fun altough I was alone, but the rw guy just floated there on his belly,
and I bet that I had much more fun than him...

I think for each jumper its different...I mean you had a blast in a sit watching the sunset....I 'm sure he'd say he had a blast on his belly watching the sunset.....I mean yeah I would go out in a sit too if I was solo like that but weather your jsut sitting or just on your belly ..its all the same thing,, you both just watched the sunset!!!Any time I can get on the sunset load its awsome....and you can go from a sit to a HD to a what ever and I'll bet you I still had as much fun on my belly as you did!!

jason
Freedom of speech includes volume

Theres loads of fun things to do belly jumping alone. Of course, jumping with others is more fun. When I jump alone i practise body position and maneuvers. Turns, tracking, barrel rolls, bootie fly and other fun things.
Haven't started freeflying yet, but I believe rw and belly flying is much more fun than most freefliers realize. This summer I have seen some freefliers joing rw teams at local dropzone contests, and I think they had more fun than ever.
However, we of course had to promise not to tell anyone their names so they don't loose their respect among other freefliers...:P
I look forward to start freeflying too...I'm sure it's a lot of fun, and one day i will get myself a wingsuit. It looks so cool, but I need 425 more jumps before I'm allowed to try one :(. Doesn't really matter, I have a lot of other fun things i wanna do first anyway ;);):)

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I don't get your point?

He enjoyed the sunset on his belly and you in a sit or headdown - so what? I'm I missing something here?

I guess no matter how you come down, the beauty of it will leave an fantastic image with you.

how high can you fly with broken wings ...
life's a journey not a destination

When bellyflying on my own I practice stops in turns. 180s, 360s, Tracking, working on body position, side sliding, adjusting fall rate and flying backwards. Its more fun with other people but time on my own in the air I put to good use and enjoy.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I enjoyed my RW sunset for 60 seconds....you only enjoyed your FF sunset for 45.

My jump cost me $18.00 per minute of freefall....yours cost $22.50. :P

Actually, hope not to sound like a geek, if you do the math it comes out to $24.00 per minute of freefall.

RW
$18 / 60 sec. freefall = 0.3 $ / sec. freefall
(0.3 $ / sec. freefall) * (60 sec. freefall / 1 min. freefall) = $18.00 per minute of freefall

Now using the same analysis:

FF
$18 / 45 sec. freefall = 0.4 $ / sec. freefall
(0.4 $ / sec. freefall) * (60 sec. freefall / 1 min. freefall) = $24.00 per minute of freefall

learn to fly in 3d

Actually I would have pulled high and stuffed a couple of beers in my jumpsuit and really soaked in the sunset...:ph34r:

Been there, done that. Then called mom with the hands free on the cell.

Mom: "where are you at?"
Me: "About 9,000 feet off the ground"
Mom: "oh my. Why couldn't you be an accountant like your brother!"
-----
~~~Michael

I bet that I had much more fun than him...

How would one go about quantifying that?

Certainly a mathematical formula for money/time doesn't quite do it because it doesn't take into account an individual's perception of the intensity of the experience/time.

Kind of like slow v. fast sex. Both are good, but which is "better"?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I do RW, and if I'm at a new DZ I usually do a solo for the first jump.

I don't see why bellyflying solo should be seen as boring since you can do if anything more maneuvers than sit flying. I like to do a tracking jump every once in awhile. It's cool to fly through the sky like Superman (make sure you fly PERPENDICULAR to jumprun when you do this!!) and see forests & fields passing beneath me. Hmmmm, maybe some day I'll get one of those batsuits...B|

Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

He got to enjoy it for about 10 more seconds than you did. :)

Edited part: Didn't read all the replies before I wrote down mine. My point was already stated.

7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer