genfreefly

WRITE IN MAX COHN, National Director

TO ALL,
I am running for National Director as a WRITE IN. I feel i am qualified for the board for several reasons.

I have been very active in the skydiving communites since i began skydiving in 1996. I have over 5500 skydives and i have made over 1000 per year for the past 4 years. so i feel very in touch with skydiving community.

I am a graduate of Colgate University and i feel my education in both written and social skills can be a help to the board.

My experience in Freefly is especially relevant to the freefly related issues that the USPA must deal with in the upcoming months, in Safety, Training and Competition.

I am eager to learn more about the USPA board of directors and if elected, i vow to enter my new responsiblities with all my effort and an open mind

If you feel i would represent you well, please WRITE IN max cohn for National Director

ballots are available in the NOV 2002 Issue of Parachutist. Or feel free to contact me directly and i will send you a ballot.
thank you in advance for your consideration

max
max cohn
d-20252
uspa # 119692

Okay, what prompted you to run? What do you think most needs changed in the USPA? What is the first thing you will attack? Will you attend all the BOD meetings? What committees would you petition to get on? And, oh yeah, is Colgate Ivy League? Just wondered.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

reply to 'flyhi'..
hello, ok, i was promoted to run about a month ago in a conversation with Eastern director Mike Perry. We felt that perhaps the board could use a some fresh blood and some motivated people, which i feel i fall into that category.

i certainly do plan to attend all board meetings. I feel they are invaluable to a board member's responsiblities.

the first issues which i feel i can be helpful in are Freefly safety, training and compeition. all which will need addressing over the next several years.

additionally, i feel i would be one of the more active skydivers on the board (over 1000 jumps per year, at many different drop zones), so i feel i could help voice our association members' opinions

I would very much like to be on committees such as competition, safety and education.

additionally i feel that canopy control (and swooping as a sport) will need representation to keep the USPA safe.

I suppose, like all political areans, probably the biggest thing that the USPA needs change in is a continual addition of new board members to keep the board in touch with who it represents

and no, Colgate Univeristy (hamilton, NY) is not ivy league ;), but i like to feel that it has taught me many valuable skills and lessons that i can productivly apply to life and my endevours.

thank you very much for the questions, feel free to ask more
max
[email protected]

Ditto what Ramon said. You got my vote Max.

For those of you who don't know Max all that well, let me just say a few things. And this is totally me talking, no one asked me to say this...

Max has been down to Spaceland twice in the past year to do freefly coaching and organizing. He is an outstanding freeflier, coach and organizer. Extremely knowledgable, very personable and very down to earth. He is one of those rare people that can offer his opinions, suggestions and critiques and not come across as egotistical or confrontational.

He is exactly the type of person I would want on the Board to represent active skydivers and freefliers in particular.

Oh, and get the .3 lens. It totally rocks. B|

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

You know Max, you do actually skydive! I can see that it's not a requirement, (considering the fact that some candidates have 0 jumps this year). But you actually jump--I have actually seen it with me own two Is. That's pretty cool and might benefit all of us if you are elected. What a concept.;)

Oh yeah, and if Mike Perry asked you to run, you certainly have my vote! hehehee. I am writing your name in the blank now, you sexy sob.

Peace!

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.

Ditto what Ramon said. You got my vote Max.

For those of you who don't know Max all that well, let me just say a few things. And this is totally me talking, no one asked me to say this...

Max has been down to Spaceland twice in the past year to do freefly coaching and organizing. He is an outstanding freeflier, coach and organizer. Extremely knowledgable, very personable and very down to earth. He is one of those rare people that can offer his opinions, suggestions and critiques and not come across as egotistical or confrontational.

He is exactly the type of person I would want on the Board to represent active skydivers and freefliers in particular.

Oh, and get the .3 lens. It totally rocks. B|

I dunno bought the .3 lens but I agree with everything else Zennie said.. I'm a Spacelander an I'll write you in..

You Rock Dude!! Good Luck!

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

I dunno bought the .3 lens but I agree with everything else Zennie said.. I'm a Spacelander an I'll write you in..

suck ups!!!!:P:P;):)
max i think you would bring new life to the uspa.
this is what the sport needs count me in on the write in!!
if my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCULATOR = EVERLASTING FUN
my site

Will you send me a .3 lens?

Yes, you guys are really suck-ups. You should be ashamed of yourselves!

Pssst...Max...how about proposing a jump ticket discount for female curly-haired brunettes? ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

There's still more brown than red in my hair. C'mon Slappie, you're not being very supportive. Chics bring an entertainment quality to the male-dominated sport. Remember, we have the boobies! If I can show up more often to jump because the tickets are cheaper and I wear a little, tight shirt, it's good for everyone! B|

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Max, do you think the USPA is communicating enough with its members or do you thik its not enough? If its not enough how do you think the USPA could increase it?
Will you be able to be contacted electronically like a lot of jumpers are becoming more versed in (just look at the number of people who post here)?
What are your feelings on the Group Member program?
There is another extremely active jumper (Mike Ortiz) currently on the board that seems unable to answer weekly questionares from individuals on rec.skydiving, how is your active jumping going to affect your ability to respond to questions like this from jumpers?
Do you see any changes are needed to any of the regulations/rules/bsr's/training?
And my final question... do you think there needs to be a change in the nature of the AFF-JM training with the introduction of the ISP (seperate rating for upper level jumps, etc)?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Remember, we have the boobies! If I can show up more often to jump because the tickets are cheaper and I wear a little, tight shirt, it's good for everyone!

FINE YOU WIN!! *pant*

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."