genfreefly

WRITE IN MAX COHN, National Director

I'll vote for you Max. Thanks for all the help over the last year!

A little more about Max:

As a low time jumper making my second trip to The Ranch, Max came up to Flash and me and wanted to know if we wanted to join him in a hybrid jump. He had heard us talking to Trent about the one we had just completed. I learned more about organizing on that one jump just by watching Max walk everyone through their slots.

I've met a few national caliber skydivers who like to jump with all skill levels. And Max is one of the few!

Max is down to earth and knows his stuff. He would be an asset to the BOD and to jumpers.

Blue skies,

Jim

In response to PhreeZone's comments about Mike Ortiz being unable to answer people on recdot...

I had an opportunity to watch Mike in action at Nationals this year. We had a post competition debrief with a few USPA board members, and Mike handled the meeting extremely professionally, brought up many good points and was very passionate about what he wanted for the USPA. In fact, he was the ONLY board member that supported what the actual jumpers were expressing. I don't know about the rest of his term on the board, but if he put as much heart into it as he did at that meeting, I have no doubt he did a great job... maybe only to be met with opposition from some of the old board members, who really didn't seem to be representing (or want to represent) what jumpers were telling them. Which brings up my second point...

Having Max on the board is EXACTLY what USPA members should want. Seeing the difference between Mike and the other board members made it very clear that we NEED younger, knowledgeable, active jumpers on the board. If you really want the USPA to represent YOU, Max will do a fantastic job. If you'd like to keep the standard poltical bureaocrats up there, don't vote or just vote for the people who have already been there for a while... but don't complain about the USPA not representing you. Obviously, a lot needs to change at the USPA... the only way to do it is to get people in there who are not set in their ways and have no reason to keep things the same. Max has my vote, not just because he's a friend, but because he's the kind of person we need on the board.

That's all I have to say about that! :)
Oh, hello again!