rawgum

can x's get back together?

a co-worker of mine wants to get back with her ex-husband, they have been divorce for almost two years and have a four year old together. he's not interested in it but she is. is it possible they could get back together? i have no kids and never been married so i dont know. any body with kids or divorced people have an idea or think it's possible? and if so what can she do?

in my opinion if you fuck up bad enough to drive the other away you don't deserve a second chance! But i am a hopeless romantic so.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

I guess it's always possible. But if only one wants it I don't think it'll happen.I'm divorced and have never had any desire to get back with my ex..She should tell him how she feels..I'm a firm believer though that you should not get back together just for the sake of the kids..They know when you are unhappy. And it affects them.
"It's not just a daydream if you choose to make it your life..."

I wouldnt think you could I mean anything is possible but like was said in a few post before this one if someothing happened so bad for them to break up when there was a child in the middle then I personally dont see a reason why it would happen. But ya never know. But if it is just her then maybe she just needs someone to talk to or something.
- GQ

... it was the love of the air and sky and flying, the lure of adventure, the appreciation of beauty ...
-Charles Lindberg

a co-worker of mine wants to get back with her ex-husband

she has my sympathy

they have been divorce for almost two years and have a four year old together. he's not interested in it but she is

therein lies the answer. "he's not interested"

is it possible they could get back together?

anything is "possible" but the odds of it working out are slim and none. been there, done that, got the tee shirt. trust me when i tell you, based on my experiences and other's i am associated with, "it ain't no better the second time around" she needs to "move along" leave the "trail and error" to someone else, she'll be the better for it.
--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

My grandparents have friends who have gotten divorced and married like, 4 times or something! It's insane! That was when they were younger....they had four children during all of that! Now they are married-and have actually stayed married, happily (shocking to all their friends/family) for 25 years....

*daizey*

I got back together with my Ex. (She didn't want me to go to another World Meet and I did, I wanted her not to play gigs till 4 in the morning, neither of us backed down.) We had a 3.5 year old and lived together for a year after the divorce. Things were OK. A bit distant. She met some dude, fell pregnant, he left.

I was at the birth ("Why loose your dignity with 2 different men when you can do it with the same man twice?") and treat the new tot as my own, pay maintenance for her etc. She's a little gift. A treat I never expected and has been a positive influence to my life. Feels like I lost something but got something better in return.

We're not together anymore, but are still good friends, dinner together once a month, talk about the kids at school, money etc. Spending Christmas day together with the kids this year.

We both have new partners. Mine's a skydiver who's teaching me to freefly when I'm not doing AFF or Tandem, her's is a musician who understands what she's practicing. Things are WAY, way better for both of us.

When things are done, they're done. When a couple meet, and everything is perfect - if you can't keep it together from there - doing it when its broken is dumb.

We have a saying, Sue and I. Ex's are Ex's for a reason.

t

"Throw me to the wolves because there's order in the pack, throw me to the sky because I know I'm coming back."
It's the year of the Pig.

It's always a bad deal trying to get back together. Kinda like putting rotten milk back in the fridge....Maybe it'll be good tomorrow? :D

Oh my god...once again I am shocked....what a great analogy! And I'm not even sarcastic. And to add on to that....it is much better to go hungry than drink that spoiled milk!
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

once again I am shocked

Silly young girls...when will they learn? :D

it is much better to go hungry than drink that spoiled milk!

Yet I have seen so many people stand there and insist on drinking it. Even long after it has gotten chunky and they have to use a spoon. :D

Maybe it's ok when you accept that it's no longer milk.
Yogurt and cheese have their place, I suppose. Usually it's a case of one person dreaming of what once was - but that's gone.

There are so many people out there. Seems silly to try and work with someone who can't, or won't work back.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Don't do it.No matter how much they say things have changed they have'nt.Things will be good to start but then everythhing will go back to the way they were before the intial break up.Only a major life altering event will cause a person to truly change.

Anything's possible, but it didn't work when I got back together with my ex-girlfirend. Lived together for two years, broke up, got back together, then realized neither of us had changed at all, so broke up again. Just a personal experience.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD