lippy

Favorite Simpsons scene

The best Simpson seen has to be the one where Maggie, Lisa, and Bart are doing RW and Homer has fall rate issues and swoops in and takes out the formation.

In the Party Posse episode Bart, Nelson, Milhouse, and Ralph do a 4-way in the Yvan Eht Nioj music video.

My favorite scene? I dunno, there are so many. When the Mafia gets together at The Legitimate Businessmen's Social Club. Homer becomes Mr. X and the whole Prisoner parody (ice cream cone full of syringes). The Mensa episode and Stephen Hawking's rocket powered, robotic boxing glove equiped wheelchair. Mark Hamil as Luke Skywalker in Guys and Dolls. When Stephen Jay Gould really just had to pee. Anything with Cleetus. When Bart gets Milhouse on America's Most Wanted, and the Fugitive inspired chase and dam scene ("My glasses!"). "I'll get you Beer Baron!" "No you won't!" The stills exploding in the basement. Homer flooding Springfield in the name of avante garde art. When Barts sells his soul and can't get through automatic door openers. The Radioactive Man movie: "The goggles, they do nothing!" Frank "Grimey" Grimes. Homer and Bart grifting, getting caught, and framing Willie.

My favourite is still from the first series. The one where they are all wired up to electric shock machines in family therapy and start using it not as was originally intended.

Or the bit where Homer is about to discover his middle name on a mural behind a bush.

"From now on I Homer J. Simpson will be known as Homer ...... Jay Simpson !"
Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

You guys never cease to amaze me....where do you get these questions ?

My two favorites -

When Mr. Burns is a vampire, and Homer has the stake. Lisa says "To kill a vampire, you must drive a stake through his heart. Homer starts pounding away, and screaming "Die, vampire !" Lisa says "Dad....that's his crotch."

Or the one where all the kids are dressed up as Old West characters. Bart is dressed up as a cowboy, then says "I'm a cowboy", shoots his gun, and spins his lariat.
Nelson has a war bonnet on, says "I'm Geronimo!", and gives a war-whoop.
Ralph is lying down, wearing street clothes. He sits up, says "I'm a gulch!", then lies back down. :)
Sports, Discovery Channel, and The Simpsons are about all I watch anymore.

Don

I love the episode where Bart and Ralph become friends, and Ralph tells Bart "That's where I saw the little leprechaun, he tells me to burn things"

Also Homer saying "God, he's my favorite fictional character"

Chris
I thought of the odds of me succeeding, versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and I went ahead anyway.

My favs are when we meet Dancing Pete, in the episode where crusty fakes his death, and one where homer's at some festival (beer or chili, can't recall), and he goes on some weird trip, and talks to the fox, who tells him to find his soul mate, then when he wakes up on the golf course and sees that dog and "And that pyramid was just the Pro-shop!" and the dog says "Find your soulmate, home", he stops, turns and says
"Wait a second! Dog's can't talk!"
"Ruff!"
"Damn straight!"
Ah.. I love that show.

I like the episode in the second season (think it was called "General Sherman") where Marge and Homer throw a party. After Homer gets all drunk and makes an a$$ of himself he wakes up the next morning and Marge asks him if he remembered what he did. In Homer's mental flashback he pictures himself with a bunch of sophisticated people, finishing a joke with the line: "and I said 'I really must get out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini'".

Oz

The Kwik-E-Mart got 12 new gas pumps once, and was promptly exploded by artillery from a nearby firing range. In the background of the next scene, a giant smouldering "K" from the Kwik-E-Mart sign falls from the sky.

"I'm smarter than the deeeevil! I'm smarter than the deeeevil!"
"YOU ARE NOT SMARTER THAN ME!"

I think my favorite is still the one where the aliens kidnap both presidential candidates and impersonate them. They are discovered, but they reply "Ha! In your two-party system, you still must vote for one of us, so one of us will be elected! Our success is assured."

Fast forward ten years and humanity is enslaved under the aliens. Marge says "I can't believe we were conquered so easily." Homer says "Don't blame me, I voted for the other one!"

No one has mentioned what has to be the greatest episode of all time...

The Softball episode - the nuclear powerplant company softball team with Strawberry (Darryl..Darryl..Darryl), Mattingly, Steve Sax, Canseco, Ken G. Jr, Roger Clemens, Ozzie Smith, Mike Sosha, Wade Boggs. That whole episode was hilarious.

Anything with Disco Stu, Linal Hutz, Dr. Nick Riveria, or Police Chief Wiggum. Especially Wiggum...

The other episode has to be the one the police dog leads them to the blind guy's house whos got weed. Then they arrest him, tell Bart to leave and the scene cuts to the outside of the house, Bob Marley Jammin starts playing, and the other cops show up with their dates.

Bret

I like the one where the Simpsons go to family therapy. They are supposed to give eachother electric schocks if one of the others says something they don't agree with. And in doing so they are supposed to see the others pain and the love will conquer the urge to hurt the family members..bla bla bla. That doesn't quite work. Instead they are all screaming and electricuting eachother.

<>

I'd have to say my favorite is when Bart plays an April Fools joke on Homer. He takes Homers last beer to the paint shop and has them shake the hell out of it. He puts it in the frigde and turns up the heat in the house. Homer gets hot and heads for the beer. Just has Homer goes to open it Bart yells, "April Foo" . . . BANG the house explodes.
Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville

Was that on the new one tonight? Halfway through it I got called to work.

Speaking of bad chinese accents, when Mr. Burns gets chinese delivered, the chinese chinese delivery guy says: 'you know sir, it is customary to tip' in perfect english, and Mr. Burns goes, in a really bad chinese accent: 'Me sorry, Me no speaky chinese'

That was just on tonight!

One of my favorite shows. I guess I'm a ghoul, since I'd love to see a half-hour montage of al the Itchy and Scratchy cartoons. My favorite moment ever was the whole bit about the history of Itchy and Scratchy at "Itchy and Scratchy Land."

When they were at Duff Gardens, and Bart found the "Beer Goggles" for sale, and they made Selma into a "Whoa, momma!"

Moe and Groundskeeper Willie just have too many funny moments...

-

My wife is hotter than your wife.