BoobieCootie

America's oddest town names

We have Cooterneck, Bucksnort, and Toad Suck in Arkansas

I believe there's a Booger Hollow, also.
Wendy W.

OMG Wendy!!!! You're right! I forgot about that one....lol....crazy hicks!

Lindsey
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

I'm from Lancater, PA (near intercourse and paradise). Here are some other odd names near that area.

-Pusseyville
-bird-in-hand
-Garden Spot (abbreviated in the paper as g-spot. If g-spot highschool beats another school the paper reads "g-spot wins")
-blue ball

Respect the Dolphin

Whats wrong with Dimebox, TX? I like ODB, TX, though...Old Dime Box. "You down with the ODB?"

I drive through those all the time, they're only about 30 minutes west of College Station on Hwy 21.B|

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

How far is Paradise from Intercourse??

...just a few miles in Pennsylvania.

I'm from Lancater, PA (near intercourse and paradise). Here are some other odd names near that area.

-Pusseyville
-bird-in-hand
-Garden Spot (abbreviated in the paper as g-spot. If g-spot highschool beats another school the paper reads "g-spot wins")
-blue ball

It's even more funny when you realize it's Amish country. :D

--Art
Sky-div'ing (ski'div'ing) n. A modern sport that involves parties, bragging, sexual excesses, the imbibing of large quantities of beer, and, on rare occasions, parachuting from aircraft.

I grew up near Hicksville, NY. (Billy Joel's from Hicksville but he always claimed he was from Oyster Bay.) It's always fun to listen to the out of towners massacre the indian names we have on long island:

Cutchogue
Patchouge
Yaphank
Ronkonkoma
Matinecock
Mineola

you forgot shinecock(shin-a-cock) as if the high heeled shoe wasnt enough LOL
My photos

My Videos

Booger Hollow

When we drove by it once, we postulated that the non-natives pronounced it "Boo-zhay" so they wouldn't sound like hicks.

Of course, that'd be French now :S

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Booger Hollow

When we drove by it once, we postulated that the non-natives pronounced it "Boo-zhay" so they wouldn't sound like hicks.

Of course, that'd be French now :S

Wendy W.

lol....natives call it "Booger Holler" Really....

Lindsey
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

-Pusseyville
-bird-in-hand
-blue ball

Don't forget Leola("Lay-Ola""
and I currently live in LiTITz where you can go twist your own pretzel in a knot and walk to the Chocolate factory then go North & hit the HERSHEY HiWay!
p.s.
I was thinking of moving to Sarasota. I'll P.M. you later;)

hey with all these town names i just had to throw in this one.. what about parachute, colorado? i wana go there and get my picture taken with the sign... it's just off I-70 on the western side of the state..... and i'll be picking up daizey at the bus station in beaver utah.... just off I-15 twors vegas....