darkvapor

How many times have you been pulled over?

Recently, I've been talking to a few friends, and it seems that I am the only one who has never been pulled over by the police during any kind of traffic stop. Sure, I'm not even 21, so I have only been driving like 5 years, but the first few years would be the most likely to get pulled over...

I don't drive like a maniac, but I do drive around 10mph over the speed limit all the time...

So, how many times have ya'll been pulled over? Doesn't matter if you were at fault, or if you only got a warning. Just any time the police pulled you over.

edited: OH NO! What happened to my "0" poll option. Doh.. Doesn't look like I can add it. If you've never been pulled over, post a response.

I've been driving for about 25 years in several different states- Seems like I get stopped aboout once a year, either for something minor or "routine" or at times I just plain get busted pushing my luck, like when I was driving well over 90 mph in a 55 zone. I definitely deserved that ticket!

Easy Does It

First Time - Dead brake lights/WARNING

Second Time - 83 in a 70 while passing an eratic driver. Cop had no compassion/ $105 TICKET

Third Time - Following a flatbed truck too close (we were at a traffic light and JUST started moving...It's not like I was going to maintain that distance)/ WARNING

Being a truck driver, have lost count of the times I have been pulled over. Usually for nothing, either.

I'm probably over 100 pull-overs, and if you count all the times I was told to "pull around back" at the scales, I'm probably into 4 digits.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Trying to challenge my memory here, aren't you? Geez, I can't even remember all the times I've been pulled over. . . I remember the tickets but I only got one of those every third traffic stop or so. ;)

Totally guessing, but I'd figure I've been pulled over at least 20 times since I got my license in 1981. Four speeding tickets (one of which really should have been a drunk driving arrest), two fix it tickets and 14+ warnings.

Had I gotten one more speeding ticket between my first ticket and my 19th birthday I'd have lost my license!

Ya know, there are a couple of real cuties that work the scales.

On the whole though, they are usually really bitchy females on a power trip or some of the biggest male officers I have ever seen.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Ya know, there are a couple of real cuties that work the scales.

On the whole though, they are usually really bitchy females on a power trip or some of the biggest male officers I have ever seen.

same with toll operators... I've seen some total hotties working the boths, but mostly not.

3 times.

1st: My inspection sticker was expired. It had been expired for 8 months. Needless to say, the cop didn't have any mercy.

2nd: The speed limit dropped for a section of the road. I didn't slow down and a cop was behind me watching. Gave me a a tongue lashing but just a warning.

3rd: Doing 58 in a 45. I saw him when I came around the corner, I knew I was toast. Got the ticket taken care of with defensive driving.

#3 was summer of 2001. Been lucky since then, knock on wood.

Haven't been pulled over in 8 years,but before that,probably around 20 or so times :$.No need for details.[:/]
Some people amaze me,my wife has never been pulled over and she drives like a ...well,you know;)

dropdeded

------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

I averaged getting pulled over a couple times a month with my mustang convertable. Now that I have a SUV I've only been pulled over 4-5 times. I haven't gotten a ticket since the day I turned 18 so 21 years and a day without a ticket in probably close to 50-75 pulls.

Lisa

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

I can't remember how many times I've been pulled over, quite a few, somewhere around 10. Only one ticket, and that was b/c it was a speed trap. Otherwise, usually the police officers and I have something in common (guns) and we end up chatting about it for a few minutes before I leave with a verbal warning.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Been driving for 5 years...been pulled over many times!:)

*A few times was random breath. can't remember how many times that's been!

*Once for speeding...I was 30 metres from parking my car at work...DAMMIT! $135 fine, and three points takenB|

*Twice for smoke fumes pouring out of my car's arse - got warning:)

*Once for running a amber light - nice cop, ended up chatting for a while, he knew my boyfriend!!!

*Once for defected number plates...cop couldnt read them - got warning:)

*Once for operation "Nuts and Bolts" (Full overhaul vehicle inspection) - Had just bought my car....PERFECT!:):)

Don't bother me, I'm living happily ever after

No spankings here Travis. Spent the day with my girls doing stuff around the house, had dinner with my parents and wound up being along last night cause my girls both went off to friends.

At least I made it through the day without getting pulled over for anything.B|

Lisa

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Three and a half years driving. Never pulled over, never flashed by a speed camera, nothing. There was the small matter of crashing into the back of an unmarked police car at a set of traffic lights. Cost my insurance 10 grand in false whiplash claims - bastard pigs!

Nick
---------------------------
"I've pierced my foot on a spike!!!"

Staying in topic, i just pinched these off of Snopes.
These are reputed and may not be genuine just for the record.

Coming home I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I don't have.

The other car collided with mine without giving me warning of its intention.

I thought my window was down, but I found it was up when I put my head through it.

I collided with a stationary truck coming the other way.

A pedestrian hit me and went under my car.

The guy was all over the road. I had to swerve several times before I hit him.

I pulled away from the side of the road, glanced at my mother in law and headed over the embankment.

In an attempt to kill a fly, I drove into a telephone pole.

I had been shopping for a plant all day and was on my way home. As I reached an inter-section a hedge sprang up, obscuring my vision and I did not see the other car.

I had been driving for 40 years when I fell asleep at the wheel and had an accident.

I was on the way to the doctor with rear end trouble when my universal joint gave way causing me to have an accident and damage my big end.

As I approached the intersection a sign appeared in a place where no stop sign had ever appeared before. I was unable to stop in time to avoid the accident.

To avoid hitting the bumper of the car in front I stuck a pedestrian.

My car was legally parked as it backed into another vehicle.

An invisible car came out of nowhere, stuck my car and vanished.

I told the police that I was not injured, but on removing my hat I found that I had a fractured skull.

I was sure the old fellow would never make it to the other side of the road when I struck him.

The pedestrian had no idea which direction to run. So I ran over him.

I saw a slow moving, sad faced old gentleman as he bounced off the roof of my car.

The indirect cause of the accident was a little guy in a small car with a big mouth.

I was thrown from my car as it left the road. I was later found in a ditch by some stray cows.

The telephone pole was approaching. I was attempting to swerve out the way when I struck the front end.

The accident was caused by me waving to the man I hit last week.

I knocked over a man, he admitted it was his fault as he'd been knocked over before.

-- Hope you don't die. --

I'm fucking winning