BikerBabe

How stupid can one person be???

Yes, it's me. I'm the stupid one.

I lost my $1000 wedding ring today! ARGH! I'm really upset about this, since it was custom-made to fit against my engagement ring. :(

My engagement ring is at the jewelers having the setting fixed, so I was only wearing my wedding ring. Well, I always take it off when I go to the gym, because I don't want it to get dinged up on the weights and stuff, plus my hands swell when I get sweaty.

I put it in my pocket of my uniform, but somewhere between the gym and home, it must have fallen out. No one turned it in at the gym, and I can't find it anywhere. I don't think it was stolen, considering the fact that I had a credit card, ID, and $80 cash in the same pocket that was untouched.

I'm almost in tears writing this, but I had to vent. This is soooo f@#^ing typical for me...I'm such a scatterbrain.

>:(:(

Now I have to tell my husband. :(
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Silly question, but have you back tracked everywhere you had been since losing it? Yes, check the car seat, floor, check everywhere! I can sympathize with you, I lost a gold bracelet, somewhere...... Never did find it, because I had no idea when it 'fell' off my wrist. Do you have homeowners (if you are buying a house) insurance with jewelry coverage? It helped me:) I hope you find it and your husband doesn't 'freak out' too much.

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Yes, we have a rider on our insurance for both our rings, but I'm not sure what circumstances it covers.

I've pretty much looked everywhere except on the floor in the gym, so I guess I'll have to get down and dirty (eeew, not sure I want to know what's on the floor at the gym..).

If it's not there, I'll have to assume that it fell out outside, in which case it would be really hard to find.

:(

Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

I know this won't make you feel much better but at least it wasn't the "big daddy!" :S I'll share a story so you don't feel so bad...

My girlfriend lost her 2 karat diamond ring in Bahrain. B| Bad thing is, she remembered she left it in the soap dish by the sink in the 5-star hotel we were staying in. Less than an hour after we checked out, the room had been re-occupied and neither the occupant nor the hotel cleaning staff fessed up! She had to schedule an appointment with the police (they wouldn't come to the hotel) and she never got her ring back! [:/]

Hope it turns up! Stay positive!!! ;)

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

Oh, Katie, that sucks. typical...and she had to know that one of them took it!

Yes, I'm soooo glad that my diamond ring was in the shop.

I'll check the policy and hope for the best.

As for now....I'm off to Eloy for the weekend and hopefully I can forget about this for a little while!

I totally feel ya. I lost the graduation ring that my father had given me only a few months after that at work. It had been his grandmother's, a ring passed down through the family with an opal. Never found it>:(

Hope you have better results than I did! Good luck!

If I loved you anymore I would have a stroke

Be open to seeing it, even if on the ground. I found an earring in the afternoon once that had fallen off in the morning, on the grass, about 10' to my motorcycle when I took my helmet off. Not a big earring, I really just got lucky. Remember the ring exists, and if it's on the ground you can see it.

No guarantees, but it can happen.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Yes, it's me. I'm the stupid one.

I lost my $1000 wedding ring today! ARGH! I'm really upset about this, since it was custom-made to fit against my engagement ring. :(

My engagement ring is at the jewelers having the setting fixed, so I was only wearing my wedding ring. Well, I always take it off when I go to the gym, because I don't want it to get dinged up on the weights and stuff, plus my hands swell when I get sweaty.

I put it in my pocket of my uniform, but somewhere between the gym and home, it must have fallen out. No one turned it in at the gym, and I can't find it anywhere. I don't think it was stolen, considering the fact that I had a credit card, ID, and $80 cash in the same pocket that was untouched.

I'm almost in tears writing this, but I had to vent. This is soooo f@#^ing typical for me...I'm such a scatterbrain.

>:(:(

Now I have to tell my husband. :(

If a small ring can fall out of a pocket, then the pocket should be loose enough for the credit card and id to fall out, but maybe not the cash. A credit card can slip out a lot easier than a ring. Ask yourself if the ring was really in the same pocket, or maybe if you mistakenly took it off somewhere else, ie your car. Also, you would have to be upsidedown for something to fall out, so I wouldnt make that assumption right away.

I suggest keping an eye on the lost and found in your local paper.If I found a ring like that,I would place an ad.There are still good people in this world,I just hope one of them found your ring.

Good Luck

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

I'm sure you've heard this advice 1 million times, but check ALL THE PAWN shops in the area regularly until you find it. Have a watch put out with the Jewlers, appraisers, and pawn shops.
It will turn up, my friend........

shaun
=========Shaun ==========

Don't be hard on yourself! ;) You'll find it. If not, you've still got 'da love' and that's all that matters anyway. Your big rock was at the shop and you've still got that too.:)
Jump and drink beer. It's the only thing to do and both will make you feel better.

:)

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Did you only just lose it today ? Take a few really deep breaths and pour yourself a beer if you want. There's lots of good advice in this thread already, you could find it anywhere on the ground, in your car, or in the washer or dryer.

And don't rule out the possibility of somebody finding it and trying to turn it in somewhere. There really are a lot of people out there who are honest and know what a wedding ring means to somebody and if one of those people found it, they're looking for you.

Hopefully sometime this weekend you and your ring will be reunited and you can breathe a deep sigh of relief. Please let us know, OK ?

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

YAY! My ring was found!

Some nice, kind, goodhearted soul turned it into the lost and found at the gym. They made me describe it, and there it was!

I can't believe it. I'm very happy today.

From now on I'm tying it to something when I take it off so this doesn't happen again.