sangiro

Stopping Dropzone Mail Abuse

They solve it by putting pictures of text with random noise superimposed on them, and the user has to enter the text. Damn near impossible to write a program to recognize that text.

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

Tell me how you guys use it - if you use it legitimately. :P

the limits dont bother me..i use it, but not often and mostly as a POC for skydiving things i order over the internet..i figure if more dealers/manufactures see the url in an email address they will check it out and possibly pay for some advertising..

I don't know much about computer law, but consider asking a skydiving lawyer to look into a terms of use provision.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

Just think how special you would be....1 of 2 people with Jgirl accounts.

I had a pink canopy, still have the pink pilot chute, and have a little pink on my rig. Will that get me one of those accounts? ;)

Hmmm.....depends how cute you look in a thong >:(
Fly it like you stole it!

I suppose that lets me out. I don't even have any pink in my stuff...

Ciels-
Michele

Naaa....that is just the requirement for boys, any of my chick friends can have one if they really want one. :)
Fly it like you stole it!

They solve it by putting pictures of text with random noise superimposed on them, and the user has to enter the text. Damn near impossible to write a program to recognize that text.

This is true I'm just too driung to post a long mehsage;)

Mmm. I understand your predicament - but as CI of my Club, being on the committee etc, I probably run over that by quite a bit. I agree on the number of addresses, as I send to groups - Committee group, Instructor Group - Skydiver Group. In a pinch I could always just reply from another address.... so yes.

15/6 is OK. Lets keep this clean.

Thanks for the site!

Blue Skies,

t
It's the year of the Pig.

I like knowing I have the email account there to use, but have only used it once in 3 years.

I use the PM's more....

HH, do what you gotta do man. Shame that someone has decided to utilise your server space for his/her deceptive ways....so make him/her go away and all will be right with the world again!

B|

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic

Another possibility would be to increase mail usage as dz.com status goes up.

Ex.
Newbie - 16/7
Enthusiast - 30/7
Old Hand - 50/7
etc.
or something of that nature. This would allow users who are less likely to abuse the system more access, while weeding out the spammers who are just signing up to use the e-mail feature for spam (and when you bust one and cancel their account, reregistering brings them right back to Newbie status and limited e-mails)
A One that Isn't Cold is Scarcely a One at All

I've never used mine. But I've gotten some SUPER SPAM!! Same email 47 times this morning. I just check it daily now to clean it out. So it's not using to much disc space. [:/]

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

I've only used mine when I didn't want to give out my real address, I don't think I'll be recruiting for the harem any time soon, so no objections here...
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

I've used it twice, and never gotten any spam. So whatever you do is fine with me. Of course, this ain't no damn democracy, so whatever you did would be fine anyway, right?

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)