Raefordite

My dog is in the hospital

Oh, No. Sending big hugs from me and my baby Magurita to Little King and you. Hope he is feeling better soon. Take him his ball to play with as I know that will make him feel better.

Keep us posted.

Lisa

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Hope it's just a passing thing....I always get a huge laugh watching him push his ball all over the LZ....and I mean ALL OVER it. Lil' King is definitely one of the most energetic dogs I've ever seen. It tires me out just watching him. :)

Don

I know EXACTLY how you feel. Our dog had something similar, the vet called it "Garbage Gut"

Took 3 days of IV antibiotics and fluids and she was just fine.

Still, she was pretty damn sick and it cost us almost $400.

And he couldn't come up with a better diagnosis than "Garbage Gut" (we still kinda laugh about that - for $400 you'd expect at least something in latin)

Thank you to all for the concerns. I just got an update from the vet.

Little King Tut has gotten about 1 full liter of fluid via IV before he chewed through his IV line early this morning. They still feel he is dehydrated and replaced the line to get him more. Mind you this is only an 18 lb. dog.

He is still refusing food and water, even his favorite treats!

If he doesn't started drinking/eating by this evening they will start some diagnostic tests in addition to the physical exam he has already had.

I'm hoping since he had the smarts to chew through the very thing that was hurting his leg, he should be on the mend.

My entire family are sending super industrial strength prayers to King Tut.

Skeet - Great Dane
FleaFlyer - Mini Rat Terrier
Olav ZipsTer - Shih Tzu
Ginger Sue - Drive By (Levin)
Rocket - offspring of Drive By & Flea
& Radar -same

TrailMix - Levin's Cat
Brownie - offspring of Levin's other cat
Smurf - same as above

Scout - Brittany Spaniel (was stolen) accidently ate some baby back ribs which turned into toothpicks inside. His bowel movement cost $1000, at a discount.

My 12 year old Blue Front Amazon could carry on an entire converstaion with me. He went thru 2 divorces with me, a robbery, and sat on my headrest via 5 trips from Houston to Fayettnam. I never used pesticides in my apartment, then the apartment people did without my knowledge. In intensive care I chewed the food and then gave it to him. 2 times a day for a week. The funeral tore me up for an extened period. I recieved many cards.

I pray very hard that this illness, and his pain will be eliminated from King Tut as well as all that love him.

Dogs register no need to theorize about love (or about anything for that matter) they just show it. And show it, and show it. I am continually amazed at the dog's ability to love so unconditionally and without ambivalence.'
from the book- Dogs Never Lie about Love
by Jeffery Masson

~AirAnn~

The vet decided to keep him another night. Little King did get a small portion of baby food down, but nothing else.
He is still refusing water. After a full liter, plus of IV fluid, who would be thristy? If he doesn't start eating/drinking by this evening - he gets a new cannula for IV (since he chewed up his last one) and a particularly attractive cone around his neck to prevent him from chewing the next one.

You know, if King got a nice, healthy diet like good old Billy Bob, none of this would happen. Billy Bob gets all the dog food he wants, bacon and cheesy eggs for breakfast, and a Billy Burger for lunch. He might poot sometimes, but he is plenty healthy. I will start feeding King some Billy Chow immediately upon release from the hospital. :P

Chuck

You know, if King got a nice, healthy diet like good old Billy Bob, none of this would happen. Billy Bob gets all the dog food he wants, bacon and cheesy eggs for breakfast, and a Billy Burger for lunch. He might poot sometimes, but he is plenty healthy. I will start feeding King some Billy Chow immediately upon release from the hospital.

NO not the Billy Burger diet! That's harder than the Atkin's Diet