TheRus

So what was your first...?

Hrmm... you traded Rainbow in the Dark for Karma Chameleon?

Did you at least get laid or blown? :D

Yeah, it's fine, we'll walk down the line. Leave our rain, a cold trade for warm sunshine
You my friend, I will defend... and if we change, well, I love you anyway

My first was Steppenwolf, March 1969 in Rochester, NY.

But I'd muchrather remember my second concert - Janis Joplin - 4/27/69, also in Rochester. I was 13 years old, in the 8th grade and somehow managed to get a third row seat for a spendy $4.50. MY GOD, she was like a hurricane. My impressionable little brain was blown beyond repair. I never recovered.

First Dead show was 1970 in a college basketball gym. They dosed the entire audience with electric apple cider. I was fifteen. Got seriously grounded for that one...

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

My first concert: Boz Scaggs at my high school in (oh God this is gonna hurt) 1971, right after I turned 14. (Ouch, that DID hurt...)
And I've gotta call you on the Steve Miller/ZZ Top concert, dude...I was there, ZZ was the headliner, that was when they were still playing "Afterburner" songs, and had the sliding stage that made 'em look like they were moonwalking (bet that's where Jamiroquai got the idea!). Had another little band called Extreme on the bill that day...great show.

Iceman
Doctor I ain't gonna die,
Just write me an alibi! ---- Lemmy/Slash

Probably Frank Zappa when I was 17. It was an awesome concert, too. Their encore was about 30-40 minutes of jamming

I wish I could say that that was my first concert. How cool that must have been

Mine was REO/Rainbow 1977. In my defense that was back when both those bands rocked.....Kinda

Mine was Madonna. I was 13 and I dressed up in a white and pink polka dot jumper with my hair pulled back in pink lace. I wore red framed pink tinted glasses at the time with a pony etched in the side! I totally thought I was a mini-Madonna!:D

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seen Metalica & Guns and Roses around 1992. It was a Day on the green in Oakland, CA

I saw that show... There was no field left after that riot... What a friggen party!

------

I saw the field 2 days later when I went to an indoor concert, got to walk right by the field, it looked like crap with all the patch work they did.

-Jason
You may push me around, but you cannot win!
You may throw me down, but i'll rise again!

Mine was Madonna. I was 13 and I dressed up in a white and pink polka dot jumper with my hair pulled back in pink lace. I wore red framed pink tinted glasses at the time with a pony etched in the side! I totally thought I was a mini-Madonna!:D

Wow....I can barely remember what I wore yesterday. :P

PMS #62
Zarza R[red

dressed up in a white and pink polka dot jumper with my hair pulled back in pink lace. I wore red framed pink tinted glasses at the time with a pony etched in the side

I think we need pictures.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Probably Frank Zappa when I was 17. It was an awesome concert, too. Their encore was about 30-40 minutes of jamming

I wish I could say that that was my first concert. How cool that must have been

Mine was REO/Rainbow 1977. In my defense that was back when both those bands rocked.....Kinda

well i'd have to say REO never rocked...:P

but Rainbow? 1977 that would have been Rainbow Rising and some of the concerts for the On Stage double album B|..wow..i wish i could have seen that..