skygod7777

a questions about laundry

what's up

well, it's kinda related to laundry.

i have washed and dried a pair of shorts, that i guess i left a pack of gum in. and now the gum is all over the inside of the drier. so, my question is, do any of you know how to get gum off something like that?

and yes, i know i'm a dumbass, you don't have to tell me.

thanks

You might laugh at this but it's true, years ago I had a friend who had a CLEANING company (offices, homes, etc) and he used to hand his employees a little canister with liquid nitrogen, they used it to remove gum on carpets or furniture.

a little canister with liquid nitrogen,

Yes, what Ivan said, except there is a cheaper way. You know those air-canister dusters that they sell at Fry's and other computer stores ? Well just take one of those and turn it upside down and spray the gum. Then when it's frozen, just peel the shit off.

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

the thing is, it's not a ball, it's all spread out

then it just gonna take longer time to save the shorts;)

Bzzzt! Wrong answer. Thanks for playing, you can collect your consolation prize on the way out.

His problem is NOT gum on the shorts, but rather all over his dryer's drum. And I'm danged if I know a good way to get all that baked on stuff off there short of peeling/rubbing it off bit by bit with a rag soaked in rubbing alcohol.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

Well, my hubby just left a pen in his shorts and was able to get the ink off with some kind of petroleum based (I think) adhesive remover. Otherwise get it cold (frozen) and scrap it off.

:Passhat.:D:D:D

Good luck
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

There is a product out call "Goo Gone". It's a citrus power oil base cleaner. After you have used that to clean the gum off the inside of your dryer, take some Fantastick Orange Action cleaner, and wipe the oil off. I suggest putting some old towels into the dryer and doing a cycle with them to clean up anything left behind.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

If you want to get the whole drum of your dryer cold enough to use a razor blade to scrape the frozen gum off, you could also put some dry ice in there and close the door until it sublimes -- the gum should be all frozen, and you could probably scrape it off.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Just pretend it isn't there.

Each load you dry from now on will place less and less gum on all your other clothing. By the time you've completed 5 loads (dryer-load time constants), the gum remaining will be negligible. B|

. . =(_8^(1)

A wet sponge should do the trick.

ok, so i took the sponge, got it wet, and it started to work. so then i went to the theory my dad had, to get something oil based, then try to get it off. and sure enough, it worked.

so now you all know how to get gum off the inside of your drier if u leave gum in your pocket.

later