Unstable

Packing at home

I loath packing. Isn't that what serfs do? Just kidding. I do have someone else pack my rig, though, because there are a few things in this world I do not like to do - make my bed and pack my rig.
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

I hope that the "locker room" is climate controlled...

I personally wouldn't want to leave my rig in any "extreme" and or greatly varying temps...hot or cold.
You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone.

All the lockers are up against the wall at SDC. About 150 lockers. Mine is on the floor, so it always has the cool cement below it - never any direct sunlight in there.

However, I did actually bring my stuff home this week.....

depends - if its to late and getting dark i might pack at home. but usually i leave packed. doesn't make any difference where i pack - except maybe a phone booth...:P
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

my skydives are never finished before i have packed my canopi,i always pack it at the dz,however my BASE gear i pack at home as my dz aint BASEfreindly[:/],and i usaly pack that atleast once a week(unless weather sucks,so i cant jump)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

hope that the "locker room" is climate controlled...

I personally wouldn't want to leave my rig in any "extreme" and or greatly varying temps...hot or cold.

i feel the same,besides that i like to have my gear home,then i wont need to go to the dz,to pick it up if i in last minute deside to visit antother dz.

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

What other reason am I putting all that effort into a nice lawn for?

Why, for the same reason as me, I suspect. The wife wants it.

p.s. I pack at the DZ normally, but if I turn on the beer light in my head early, I'll pack later at home.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

I used to love packing at home because I could lay out my canopy on clean carpet and really take my time! It's also a great time to do a good equipment check! If I'm at the dz and it's not too busy I like to pack in the school area that has carpet!B|

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

For me it really all depends on what the other people are doing... if they all throw their rigs inside their gear bags unpacked, then it would be a great travesty to make them wait for me to pack before they can roll up the carpet and go home.

at my dz, I usually try to pack on their carpet rather than the stuff I have in my room... the dz's carpet gets vacuumed at least once a year, unlike my carpet B|

MB 3528, RB 1182

Usually I pack after every load no matter what, and the times that I don't are rare since my gear bag is to small to have an unpacked rig in it. (airline carry-on style) If it does make it home unpacked it gets packed that week or it will be sitting all week in the living room in a pile which drives me nuts.
Fly it like you stole it!