prepheckt

Useless Trivia

Snot particles from a sneeze can travel over 200MPH.

Add to this that you can't see yourself sneeze because your eyes automatically close as a protection AND that if you hold in a sneeze, enough pressure can build up to crack a rib.

Blondes do have more fun!

The stratosphere ends at about 59K feet where it is divided by the tropopause and becomes the troposphere. The reason for the distinction is that the termperature no longer dercreases at a steady rate from that point on (standard 2 degrees celcius per thousand). Its useless is because unless your flying a military spy plane you will not go anywhere near the troposphere.
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

Window washers on the Empire State building are regularly pelted in the face with barley blown there from the midwest.

Is it true that if they were washing windows on the top floor and change fell out of their pockets, a penny that hit someone in the head could knock them out?;)

Blondes do have more fun!

Does this count as trivia or just maths?
----------------------
I would say that is math trivia. I think the main point was to find trivia that was useless. I could rattle off math trivia for the rest of the day but that was something I remember learning that had no practical use whatsoever in the real world.

Most people are born with 10 fingers and 10 toes.

that is the reason we have a 10 digit number system.

Mel Blanc was allergic to carrots.

Marilyn Monroe had eleven toes.

(personal fav) The word 'lethologica' describes the state of not being able to remember the word you want. (rough etymology: the river Lethe in Greek mythology is where the dead would drink after crossing Styx to forget their lives; 'logica' is some shit in Latin meaning 'logic' or something crazy like that)

Banging your head against the wall uses 150 calories an hour. This is my current activity. Think I might drop a few pounds?

China has more English speakers than the U.S.

there's so much more...

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

did you know that you can't touch your elbow with your tongue? and probably you'll never fid out how many people will try this for real after reading this post:)
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

If running away from an aligator, run in a zig-zag pattern. They run up to 35mph on land in a streight line. Also they can push themselves up a tree all the way to the tip of their tail... so don't climb a tree.

Also, they only have about 5 lbs of pressure to open their mouths w/, but over 200 lbs of closing force. So if caught... hold it's mouth shut.

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

I've been doing extensive research, and all of my findings support this assertion...

'Course, like a good skeptic, I wouldn't just take my word for it- I'd require a demonstration.

;)

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?