prepheckt

Useless Trivia

The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue. :P

I'd rather see proof of this ;)

Oh, I think I've seen proof, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't ask my special someone to prove it again...and again...and again!:D

Blondes do have more fun!

Stepping on a crack will NOT break your Mother's back.

Doing a load by hand will NOT make you go blind.

It IS better to be down here wishing you were up there - than vice versa.

A stitch in time DOES save nine.

Playing with fire WILL make you wet the bed.

You CAN go down the drain.

The Tooth Fairy IS really a giant spider.

My room is padded because I AM special.

The straps ARE for my own safety.

My plastic scissors DO cut just as good as metal ones.

AAAWWW, Crap - They're coming back. Bye.

----------------=8^)----------------------
"I think that was the wrong tennis court."

AND that if you hold in a sneeze, enough pressure can build up to crack a rib.

So it's not just pointless, it is dangerous to hold in a sneeze. Good to know. I have been saving all my sneezes so that I can focus them all at once at deliver the "mega-sneeze". I figure that this would be my super-power and I could get a spot on the X-men as the Sneezel.

"Don't worry officer, the Sneezel has captured them. They won't be going anywhere for a while. They are temporarily bonded to the wall." ewwwwww :ph34r:

If running away from an aligator, run in a zig-zag pattern. They run up to 35mph on land in a streight line. Also they can push themselves up a tree all the way to the tip of their tail... so don't climb a tree.

Also, they only have about 5 lbs of pressure to open their mouths w/, but over 200 lbs of closing force. So if caught... hold it's mouth shut.

LOL Admit it, you've never seen an actual alligator. :D Since alligators only run fast in straight lines, maybe running in a circle and screaming would be the best technique. :D :D

What an alligator CAN do and what the probably WILL do are two distinct things. They don't spend a lot of time chasing anything or climbing trees because they are incredibly lazy. Biologists say that animals are conserving energy, but when I do it, the same biologists call me lazy. Climbing a tree would work.

AND that if you hold in a sneeze, enough pressure can build up to crack a rib.

So it's not just pointless, it is dangerous to hold in a sneeze. Good to know. I have been saving all my sneezes so that I can focus them all at once at deliver the "mega-sneeze". I figure that this would be my super-power and I could get a spot on the X-men as the Sneezel.

"Don't worry officer, the Sneezel has captured them. They won't be going anywhere for a while. They are temporarily bonded to the wall." ewwwwww :ph34r:

That sort of reminds me of a cartoon called Puff the Magic Dragon when I was little--I loved it! One of the little "movies" (they were only like 45 minutes) was about the land of the Sneezes. They all had red noses and snot everywhere. But then the Giant Cook made them all some chicken soup and they got better.

Hmmm, I wonder if Puff the Magic Dragon was created with puffing the magic dragon in mind...

Blondes do have more fun!

not for 0,1,2 = that's 5
1,2,3 that's 14
2,3,4 that's 29

and so on and so forth

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Proof:
Suppose the opposite, that is, that there are a finite number of prime numbers. Call them p1, p2, p3, p4,....,pn. Now consider the number

(p1*p2*p3*...*pn)+1

Every prime number, when divided into this number, leaves a remainder of one. So this number has no prime factors (remember, by assumption, it's not prime itself). This is a contradiction. Thus there must, in fact, be infinitely many primes.

So, that proves that we'll never find all of the prime numbers because there's an infinite number of them. But that hasn't stopped mathematicians from looking for them, and for asking all kinds of neat questions about prime numbers.
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

oh my screw up it was every three consecutive cubes.
1^3 +2^3 + 3^3 = 36
8 + 27 + 64 = 99

see if you could find three consecutive cubes that totally up to a number not divisible by 9.
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

It is possible to make a surface with only one side. Take a long strip of paper, give it a half twist, and join it at the ends into a circle. This may seem like it has two sides, but if you take a pen, place it anywhere on the surface, and start moving the pen in a continuous line around the surface, you will draw on both sides of the paper. This is called the Mobius Strip.

A closed, one sided surface with no holes is possible. Such a surface has no volume (yes, even though it's closed) and it does not intersect itself. If you try to imagine this surface, you will fry your brain. This surface cannot be constructed in less than 4 dimensions. This is known as the Klein Bottle.

The infinite sum of 1/n^2 converges to pi^2/6. This is extremely difficult to demonstrate. In fact, the calculation of that limit is considered one of the turning points of mathematics to the abstract analysis we have today. This is because it requires Fourier calculus, which was considered mostly a curiousity and wasn't taken seriously until it solved this very difficult problem. Fourier used abstract reasoning in his method akin to what we use today.

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

The infinite sum of 1/n^2 converges to pi^2/6. This is extremely difficult to demonstrate. In fact, the calculation of that limit is considered one of the turning points of mathematics to the abstract analysis we have today. This is because it requires Fourier calculus, which was considered mostly a curiousity and wasn't taken seriously until it solved this very difficult problem. Fourier used abstract reasoning in his method akin to what we use today.

I think I wet my pants.

----------------=8^)----------------------
"I think that was the wrong tennis court."

you could always have a duct system under the seats in an otter and feed all the methane to a jet engine... free extra altitude! more altitude, more methane, more altitude, more methane.... B|
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001