AggieDave

Metallica (Lars) suing over the use of the E and F chords

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

D'oh!

Well, I screwed this one up...

No way man...you gave us a chance to post-whore.

I Appreciate it!!
=========Shaun ==========

I think we can consider Metallica's "And Justice for All" a self protrait now...

-Hixxx

Halls of justice painted green
Money talking
Power wolves beset your door
Hear them stalking
Soon you'll please their appetite
They devour
Hammer of justice crushes you
Overpower
The ultimate in vanity
Exploiting their supremacy
I can't believe the things you say
I can't believe
I can't believe the price you pay
Nothing can save you
Justice is lost
Justice is raped
Justice is gone...

I think we can consider Metallica's "And Justice for All" a self protrait now...

-Hixxx

Halls of justice painted green
Money talking
Power wolves beset your door
Hear them stalking
Soon you'll please their appetite
They devour
Hammer of justice crushes you
Overpower
The ultimate in vanity
Exploiting their supremacy
I can't believe the things you say
I can't believe
I can't believe the price you pay
Nothing can save you
Justice is lost
Justice is raped
Justice is gone...

Maybe they have to write a new song entitled: Enter Taxman

Ya can't copyright an "idea" and I agree that is a bizare read, Dave...

Anyone know who owns "bar chords" so I can send them some $'s?? Waitaminute, saxophones don' play chords so I guess I'm safe ... until the ghosts of the great horn players (or their estates) sue me not only for copyright infringement but also mutilation of their musical ideas :S:S;););).

The world is truly doomed ... of course McDonalds already paid a whack o cash out for the 'hot coffee' incident ... (well Duuuuuhhhhh) so maybe the music industry is just catching up. Metallica were among the first hot bands of their genre .... this stinks of a fee-eating lawyer somewhere... (CALL ME 1 800 546 77777 THAT'S RIGHT 1 800 546 77777 I'M MIKE 'THE HAMMER' SHAPIRO AND I'VE GOT MONEY WAITING FOR YOU)

-Dave
PS: Mike, my 'fee' for this shameless plug from the bowels of my mind is a jump ticket (...in Hawaii, return trip included:P)

Life must be rough

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

i like metallica and even bought their new CD but this bullshit is pushing the envelope! maybe lars ought to divorce his doctor wife and marry a lawyer to help cut down on their legal bills! just food for thought!B|

It is better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!

That's hilarious. I can't believe you guys went for it...bwahahaha.

LOL... I went to Metallica's site and couldn't find a thing about it. I then went back to AggieDave's post and followed the link to scoopthis. I knew somethin was up when the link that was suppsed to be Metallica's was still going to scoopthis...

And still the thread goes on.....
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

I still laugh when I think about the "big tough men" of Metallica suing Victoria's Secret :D Or better yet, Creed! :D They are such pansies!

Cutting their hair isn't what made them sell out. Falling into the typical American way of making a quick buck is, though.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

The best part is there's 5 or so posts in this thread pointing out that the story is false, yet people keep getting pissed about it

Don't be a party pooper man!!! :P

An extreme amount of money is what changed Metallica. They have no drive to suceed anymore, no driving force for their music, so, unless they loose everything and have to practically start over as a band, their music is going to continue to suck and only get worst. And Lars will continue to be an asshole.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

ASSHAT... i like the old metallica... this new shit bites....

I TOTALLY agree with you man. Their new shit ever since the Black album has sucked ASS!! I mean artistically, it's cool, but it's definitely not the Metallica I loved growing up as a kid.

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

Cliff was really the soul of the band and gave them the artistic and metal sensibility they've based their whole sound off of..

of course now they have enough money to stuff in their ears and ignore the spinning noises coming from his grave.

Cliff was really the soul of the band and gave them the artistic and metal sensibility they've based their whole sound off of..

of course now they have enough money to stuff in their ears and ignore the spinning noises coming from his grave.

Clap clap clap....well put.