gemini

Is this gona' hurt?

:( Test results show a herniated L4 which has caused pain in both hips, knees, right thigh, and numbness between right knee and ankle.

Guess the hard opening was a little harder than I thought!!!

They want to try a steroid block which will give immediate relief and let me sleep for the first time in two weeks.

A 22 quage needle sounds damn big to me and I'm a little nervous about it. Flash has offered to take me to the Dr and bring me home afterward.

Thank God for good friends!

Still mad about being at Rantoul and not getting to meet all of you. Glad I got to see Bill, Lisa, Andy, Chris, Renee, and Rob before I went down. Missed the Texas State Record and now will miss Ballunar.

Hey, can I get a whiners card please???

Hope to see all at next event.

Blues,

Jim

Blue skies,

Jim

Hey Jim.

I'm glad to hear you're finally going to get some relief. A big shot in exchange for a good night's rest would sound pretty good to me- but I don't blame you about the needle thing. As far as I'm concerned, you can whine away!

Say hi to Jeff for me, and have yourself some sweet dreams, OK?

See you at Spaceland. :)

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

I feel for ya man :(

A 22 guage needle is pretty small. Then again it's not my back that's being poked either. Size is realative I suppose ;).

Good luck man... feel better :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You don't quit playing because you get old, you get old because you quit playing"

Oh man! Vibes and prayers from here -- that sounds awful.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

have fun... had a protruding disc between l5-s1 in march of 02 and the epideral steriod injections helped me beable to finally sit after 3 months of only being able to stand and lay down.... didn't get good relife though untill the second shot and not really good relief untill surgery.......... heal fast, find a slower opening canopy...... i just love my safire.... never spanked me yet and don't thnkg it ever will...

i have 2 discs like that! i have had 2 injections of something in my back to relieve the pain. worked for the most part, but i still throw my back out from time to time doing the small things, like throwing something in the trash can!

:( Bummer, gemini... I know the pain of which you speak!

I got two steroid injections for mine and yes, the needle is scary big. It didn't hurt - because they knocked me out for it. You should get at least some relief from the pain; it didn't fix mine but it brought it back down to a level that I could deal with. Didn't last though.

Was good to see you at Rantoul; was wondering where you disappeared to.

Hang in there, and make 'em give you the 750mg Vicadins! ;)

Jim,

Glad to hear that at least you are getting back there painfully, but still with us after all.

<<<>>>>>>>>>

Bytch: Is after this that you became Skybytch?
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Been there, herniated another disc, didn't visit the doctor until my left leg cramped up solid.
Drugs and physical therapy made little difference.
Swimming helped a bit, but the only things that got me back on my feet were hundreds of hours of stretching and a few million sit-ups to pull my spine back into alignment.
Which reminds me ... woke up with a stiff back and really should do some stretches before jumping today.

damn! thats why I didnt go to the doctor's office yet.
Ive got a floating disc in my lower back and my mid back is still sore from my jump at eloy in april[:/]

If they tell me I cant jump they better gimme prozac too
My photos

My Videos

The bigger the number the smaller the size of the needle.A 22 is really small.Now if they start talking about using a 14 or a 10 g run and run like hell. I know how bad the injections can be to a extent never had any in my back but I have had 3 into my knee.If they are talking steroid injections ask about Decadron. It is better than cortisone.It lasts longer, about 3 weeks and does'nt have the side effects that cortisone has. So no mood swings or anything like that, that's usually associated with cortisone or other steroids.

Sorry to hear of your injury! Hope you get real better real soon.

You will just curl up like a little shrimp and they will getcha right in the disc area. They might snuff ya out for the procedure or numb the area or give you some thing. Sometimes the stuff for local pain is just as bad as the procedure. The needle is not so much the size width its the length. You might as well get your belly button peirced at the same time. For a little fella like you that needle might reach.

Mainly the whole thing will get you what you are wanting right now which is some relief. So, its a good thing.
B|

~AirAnn~

<<<<>>>>>>>>Jim
Glad you called the other day to let me know what was going on. At least you have some relief on the pain coming so you can get some rest.

Rest and heal up and get better for the 20ways.

See ya soon,

Steve
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure.
---