bbarnhouse

Eloy Boogie Info

This question is probably directed to B^2 or anyone else familiar with the conditions. I was planning on camping. What is the weather like there at night ? Will I be sorry if I am sleeping in a tent with only one blanket ? Should I bring a kerosene heater for my tent, or an elecric blanket and a small generator ? ;)

What about during the day, is it cold at altitude ? what temp ? Below freezing ?

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

The temperatures drop to freezing here in the desert at night. You will need a warm sleeping bag and whatever you deem appropriate.
The mornings are cool at altitude. We generally wear a tutle neck, gloves and a neck warmer in addition to hats under our gear. You have to remember tho that 70 is cold to us desert rats;) You are looking at lows in the 30s and highs of 75-85.
Hope that helps!
B^2

http://www.skydivemarana.com/calendar.html

Those of you looking for cheap skydives, check out the $250 for 5 days at Marana and you'll still have time to check out Eloy..it's only about an hour. Just my .02 :P

Don't sweat the small stuff.....remember, it's all small stuff

Go to the DZ listings and check out some of the feedback on Marana.
The boogie is low cost....and ya get what you pay for. I spent one day out there last year, and then happily went back to Eloy for the next 4.
Below is someone's account of the chirstmas boogie at Marana in the DZ.com dropzone listing fieedback area.

<
I understand some people don't like to jump at a place with lots of rules, but this dz is laz to a flaw. I was there for a boogie and was very unhappy. Lots of things promised that didn't exist. Aircraft (caravan) never showed up (or was ever even planned probably), the RV slots they advertise don't exist, the King air that will "give Mullins a run for it's money, and do 10 min turn arounds" was doing all of 9 mins to 9 grand (granted there were clouds, but the clime rate was super porter fast...not even in the ball park of Mullins). having people landing 3 differnt ways in zero wind (most days out there)at 2000ft. in a tight landing area isn't fun or cool to see. LOTS of near misses. Overall.... in that part of the world there are some other options that are worth thinking about (dreaming about?)>>

Z

B|
(1) Camping ... good quality sleeping bag plus something to get you off the ground (air matress, foamy)
(2) Temps generally warm up by 9.30 am.
Otter 1,2,3 could be a little chilly but nothing like
as bad as winter jumping .
(3) Role reversal ....The locals wear the toques
the canadians wear the shorts.
(4) If you want to try somewhere else, go to
Coolidge, got a nice smaller dropzone feel
Mullins King Air is fast. Just dont mention it to
Larry.
(5)Airspeed generally have one or more member
available for load organizing during the boogie
if you are into RW take advantage.