FrikkenSkydiver

BikerBabe & femur

My teammate, BikerBabe (also known as Andi), broke her femur Sunday in a low turn. She is currently in the hospital near Perris awaiting surgery. The fracture is midway and not compound. She will probably be getting pins.

If everyone posts thier messages here, I'll attempt to get her a printout at the hospital.

Ya know, that just totally sucked.

My team had been training on Sunday and I came out of my team room after dubbing just as the paramedics and ambulance arrived. Asked about the accident and was very saddened to find out it was her.

Here's a picture from just the day before at the SSL meet in Perris.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

That sucks!

{{{{{healing rays to bikerbabe}}}}}

I broke my leg last season, os here's my advice on how to stay sane through recovery:

Enjoy your morphine drip while your in the hospital -- the memory of it will get you through many hard times ahead ;).

go to www.mybrokenleg.com for support. there is a broken leg discussion page and chat page where you can get information, share healing vibes and vent your frustrations. I would've been lost without it. Tell them Betsy sent you :)
Think positive -- it sucks now but eventually you will heal.

Blue skies and soft pillows to rest your leg on!

Been there....done that - signed the t-shirt!!!:S

{{{{{VIBES}}}}} for Andi!

May she heal fast and without issue!!

[and what's this about mybrokenleg.com?:o I was laid up for nearly a whole month without being able to vent to anyone....where was this when I was grounded???>:(:|[:/]]

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic

Well, BikerBabe, I welcome you to the club, though it's one I'd rather not welcome new members into...

Take care of yourself and work your ass off in rehab -- the effort you put in there will pay off greatly in your recovery.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

Andi, honey, why did you go and do that?

I hope you are comfortable until they do the surgery. The morphine works quite well. :S Heal fast and become a big post whore while you heal.

Big hugs and good vibes for a speedy recovery,
Lisa

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Well, BikerBabe, I welcome you to the club, though it's one I'd rather not welcome new members into...

Take care of yourself and work your ass off in rehab -- the effort you put in there will pay off greatly in your recovery.

I have to second that.

You definitely need to work extra hard in rehab. I hope you get a good Doctor as well.

One Last thing, Do not jump until you are better than 100%. Too many people try to come back too soon.

RIGHT MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heal fast there BB. I hate to see others in pain. I know what you are going through. It sucks.

Fast Healing to Ya,

KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!B|
The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES