darkvapor

What type of gun should I get?

I'm with Dave here. I too have large hands.
-----------------------------------------
I have to disagree and point out that I have never met anybody who is under 6'4" (1.93 meter) and also has hands bigger than me. That being said, I have no problem what-so-ever with my glock 30 (high capacity compact .45).
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

You have never been in a situation where your life was in danger from some lowlife then.

If a guy breaks into my house, or is trying to harm my family..

He is dead.

I will not think twice.

Now if he wants to not mess with m family, and not break into my house. If this guy wants to live a good clean life...

I will not kill him.

Simple huh?

Do bad things get shot, do good things don't get shot.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

FWIW, I have found that lots of people have trouble shooting H&K's well because the bore line is so high above the grip. It is hard to get your hands up high enough on the gun to shoot accurately with speed, and for your intended purposes, the ability to deliver follow-up hits is important. I would also agree with those who say they are overpriced. They are very reliable, though, and if the ergonomics work for you, you'll have a fine firearm.

Brent

----------------------------------
www.jumpelvis.com

I agree, prefer 1911 style .45s

I want to make a quick point about 1911 style handguns.

They are a bit more complicated to maintain and operate then something like a Glock. Thus, if a shooter isn't used to it, he/she needs to spend quite a bit of time on the range getting used to the different configurations the weapon can be it.

Then again, if you own a gun, you should be spending quite a bit of time on the range so you actually know what you're doing and can actually hit what your fucking trying to shoot. Otherwise you're a danger to yourself and those around you.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Then again, if you own a gun, you should be spending quite a bit of time on the range so you actually know what you're doing and can actually hit what your fucking trying to shoot

But but but......I scare the boys at the range when I break out the 12 gauge riot gun.. and start shredding whats left of the target after I unload my .44 Mag and then use the reloader to drop in 6 more really fast... and pop those off single handed.:)

Amazon

when I break out the 12 gauge riot gun.. and start shredding whats left of the target after I unload my .44 Mag and then use the reloader to drop in 6 more really fast... and pop those off single handed

That absolutely has to be the most sexy thing I've ever heard you say!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

But but but......I scare the boys at the range when I break out the 12 gauge riot gun.. and start shredding whats left of the target after I unload my .44 Mag and then use the reloader to drop in 6 more really fast... and pop those off single handed.:)

Amazon

Careful or Aggiedave will be asking you out.

***Hear what your saying about the Police its the same here. But come on your not judge and jury.
My reply:
You break into my home with bad intentions, I become the judge and jury. You threaten the my life or the life of my loved ones, I become the judge and jury. Your choice not mine.
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I'm not a big gun nut or anything, but aren't silencers highly illegal in the US? Are they just flash suppressors designed to look like silencers, or what?

I just read somewhere in a book that owning a silencer is the equivalent (to the police) of having a fully automatic ak47.

also, I really don't want to get into the "should we have guns or not" debate, but I know I have read that: "Guns kept in houses for home defense or more likely to kill a family member than an intruder"

They are real and they are legal as I hold a class II license to build them . Almost any one can own a suppressor in the U.S. except for a few commie states .

I agree, prefer 1911 style .45s

I want to make a quick point about 1911 style handguns.

They are a bit more complicated to maintain and operate then something like a Glock. Thus, if a shooter isn't used to it, he/she needs to spend quite a bit of time on the range getting used to the different configurations the weapon can be it.

Then again, if you own a gun, you should be spending quite a bit of time on the range so you actually know what you're doing and can actually hit what your fucking trying to shoot. Otherwise you're a danger to yourself and those around you.

What Dave said and I will add this . I would not use a stock 1911 to defend my life as they are way too amunition sensitive . I have a few custom race guns that I would use for that purpose but I have about $2,000.00 into them to make them reliable .

when I break out the 12 gauge riot gun.. and start shredding whats left of the target after I unload
my .44 Mag and then use the reloader to drop in 6 more really fast... and pop those off single
handed

That absolutely has to be the most sexy thing I've ever heard you say!***

yeah... what he said... my pants are tight...

-the artist formerly known as sinker

also, I really don't want to get into the "should we have guns or not" debate, but I know I have read that: "Guns kept in houses for home defense or more likely to kill a family member than an intruder"

I'll bite. I'll keep it short and simple too.

What you probably heard is from a study which stated that people that have guns in their home are more likely to die from a firearm than those that don't.

This is true. Very very very true.

However the studies are skewed. They do not take into account the background of the individual owning the firearm. Basically they never took into consideration whether or not the person had a criminal background.

Drug dealers, members of the mob, etc. have guns in their houses. They are likely to be killed by firearms too. They do dangerous things and are outside the law. The studies do not seperate these people from peacable citizens who own firearms for pleasure or protection.

I know plenty of firearm owners living in my area. I only know one that had a gun pulled on them in their own house. That would be my drug dealing cousin whom I don't associate with. He shot them before they got him (everybody lived)... but this is a guy who keeps a gun by his couch not because he's worried that somebody will show up with a gun but because he knows somebody will show up with a gun.

Food for thought.

i have a h&k usp in the 45cp.fine handgun they are peicey but well worth the expense.i would get the polymer frame and not the shiny metal one for one reason.someone can see you and the gun in the dark.self defense is just that self defense.anything that shines will get their attention just my 2 cents oh by the way if h& k is good enough for the u.s. navy seals its good enough for me.if you are going to be stupid you better be tough

by the way if h& k is good enough for the u.s. navy seals its good enough for me.

Unfortunately, they haven't used it for some time now for all the reasons I mentioned.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I gotta go with the glock, pick your flavor, 40cal, 10 mm, or the trusty ol' 9, but they're unbeatable as a combat weapon. I wouldn't match shoot it against a 1911 by any means, but for drilling holes in someones T-zone, it's the way to go.

Skydiving isn't scary;...but clowns...CLOWNS are scary!

I have never fired a H&K .45, but their .40 are sweet, ambidextrous decock/safty, great feel, smooth action. I would definatly try out a glock first before buying, most people love them but some carry a big dislike for them. The Glock 17 is a sweet 9, even better if you can get ahold of the preban clips which hold 17 rounds but If your wanting to drop heavy lead then the desert eagle is the gun of choice. Only drawback to the .50 is reloading them is highly NOT recommended.

I think alot of shooting is personal preference, but in my opinion the best handguns are made by Sig or Walther, but there not cheap.

oh no no no no, this thread has devolved to a calm discussion of handgun choice! did the rest of the world fall asleep?!!?! put down your cup'o'tea and start some more arguments on how bloodthirsty we are..... lmao.
namaste, motherfucker.