darkvapor

What type of gun should I get?

Being a lefty, I have never liked Glocks... they fit my hand weird and the mag release always cut into my trigger finger. I've shot some H&K's, very nice but like Aggiedave said, way too pricey. I also love Kimber's 45 cals... super craftmanship.

For me though, I've settled on a Kahr K40 stainless. It's small and very concealable, but not TOO small. It's a single stack, 40 cal magazine but, being a single stack, it only holds 6 in the clip, 1 up the pipe. So I just carry extra mags when I'm packin. I had a Steyr M40 for a while, but some major reliability probs. The Kahr is extremely accurate too, for such a short/small gun w/ strong stopping power.

-the artist formerly known as sinker

I've got one of the first HK USPs sold on the US market; it's an absolutely amazing handgun and I can't recommend it highly enough. It's tack-driver accurate and unflinchingly reliable. The only downside is the price; if that's not a factor I would strongly recommend it to anyone.
7CP#1 | BTR#2 | Payaso en fuego Rodriguez
"I want hot chicks in my boobies!"- McBeth

you don't need to "get it."

there are bad mean evil nasty people in the world my friend... who's going to protect us from them? The Police??? Um, I don't think so... Last time I called 911, the line was busy. Then it took 15 minutes for the damn little Betty girl to get on and drill me for another 5 minutes...

But w/ my 40, if someone invades my home or wants to fuck w/ my kids or wife, it'll be over in a few seconds. We will not be victims.

-the artist formerly known as sinker

Oh yeah...my other HK gun was an MP5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate you.

me too, bastard!!

Yeah, well you're really gonna hate me:D A few of my "other" guns are the MP5SD and MP5K.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Stephanie,

I'm actually Canadian. I live just north of you in Barrie.

Target shooting is really fun. If you want to try it sometime let me know. Our DZ (out near CFB Borden, Skydive Toronto) is also fun, again, if you want to try it let me know.
Lou

you don't need to "get it."

there are bad mean evil nasty people in the world my friend... who's going to protect us from them? The Police??? Um, I don't think so... Last time I called 911, the line was busy. Then it took 15 minutes for the damn little Betty girl to get on and drill me for another 5 minutes...

But w/ my 40, if someone invades my home or wants to fuck w/ my kids or wife, it'll be over in a few seconds. We will not be victims.

I cannot believe what i am reading. Its a vicious circle with you people, burglars carry guns so I keep one. The victim has I gun so i will carry one. What the fuck!!!

What happened to good home security and a baseball bat?

People are becoming more trigger happy over here and its thanks to your gun culture over there. Its seen as glamorous or something. I would rather beat shit out of a burglar and get him locked up, rather than do time for murder.

Hear what your saying about the Police its the same here. But come on your not judge and jury.

your criminals have guns, havent you noticed? and you dont. and your police? sounds comforting. as does the possibility of facing a murder charge for defending yourself in your home. sleep well.

fact is, guns aint goin nowhere. not here, not never. laws may change, facism may reign, but through it all, criminals will use guns against the populace, and legal or not, patriots will use guns to defend same.

it will most likely , and hopefully, never happen to any of you who read this, but when a gun is pointed at you, your eyes grow telescopic lenses and the barrel seems a foot wide. and when it is fired at you it looks like a cannon and time does a funny thing - it speeds up AND it slows down. hard to explain. that night i didnt have time to consider the pros and cons of handgun proliferation. i drew my weapon, put 2 out of 3 where they were supposed to go and saved more than one life. it is a heartwrenching and scarring event that takes on a whole new light having actually occured but i am still breathing.

what the fuck do i care what an obnoxiously loudmouthed minority in this country and half of the other countries on the planet have to say; fuck with me or mine and somebody is headed for a cold slab.

i trust this will give you enough 'ammunition' (wow, symbolic metaphor) to continue to characterize law abiding and socially concious americans as bloodthirsty gun freaks. enjoy.

peace
namaste, motherfucker.

what the fuck do i care what an obnoxiously loudmouthed minority in this country and half of the other countries on the planet have to say; fuck with me or mine and somebody is headed for a cold slab.

exactly my point. typical cowboy attitude. and then you talk about being socially conscious, you cannot say fuck em i will kill em in one breath and stand on high moral ground in the next.

fuck em i will kill em in one breath and stand on high moral ground in the next.

Yes I can. When it comes to protecting my life or the life of my family, I damn sure can.

I don't think you've ever been staring down the business end of a gun, have you? A gun was pulled on me when I was 16. Lets just say it is not a very good feeling. I hope it never happens to you, but I promise you that your views will change if that ever happens to you. Sure you could take the unrealistic view and say that guns should be banned, but really, do you think if the government totally banned guns, that the criminals wouldn't find a way to have guns? Since now they all purchase their firearms 100% legally, right?

I knew the old gun debate would start up once Britian/France woke up this morning and started checking the forums. That always seems to happen.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

the thing you are having trouble understanding is that i pretend to hold no moral grounds, high or otherwise. i am not a cowboy, i am an educated, well travelled and well read individual with what i would like to think is a soundly based world view.

the facts of daily life in england are not applicable here and vice verse. i will hazard a guess that you have never been a victim of violent crime perpetrated with a deadly weapon. until then you have absolutely no grounds, moral or otherwise, to judge me and how i have chosen to defend myself.

when i come over to that side of the pond, you can tell me what i can and cannot own. until then enjoy your self flagellating grandstanding in the privacy and safety of your own home, solve your own self described gun control problems and stop blaming us for them.

all that aside, hope your day is sunny. take care.
namaste, motherfucker.