SBS

I have a new ACL!!!

Yay!!! Now to begin the long countdown until I can jump again... :-)

Everything went great yesterday, for those of you who have asked. Thank you for your concern. I can't let on that I feel this good, though, cause I have to milk this for all the sponge baths that I can. B|

-S

PS - Drugs are good...m-kay...

Everything went great yesterday, for those of you who have asked

Dude! This is the first I've heard about this. Enjoy the baths why you can and get well soon.

C-ya
Tim
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Yo dude,

Glad you made it through the operation. Make sure you check your hardware. Remember the story of the dude who went in for knee surgery and and ended up losing his nuts?!:o Aw-ight, get well soon. BTW, can I be your chick's jm for the rest of her aff???

Ah, I was just going to send you a message when I saw this thread. Woohoo, I'm so glad it went well! B|

Did you get your "nurse" a nice little outfit to wear while she gives you the sponge baths? ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

What did you do? When did you do it? How long a recovery period did they give you? I blew mine out last weekend.>:( I go in next week to schedule sugery. Have you had problems with your knees before? Sorry about all the questions but I've been educating myself this week about acl injuries, reconstruction, and recovery.

--
A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions. -Oliver Wendel Holmes

I'm very glad to hear that your ACL surgery went well. I also tore my ACL and 3 other ligaments, but waiting to see if I need surgery until the fractures heal.

Congrats SBS,
I had an ACL replacement last August. Make sure to do ALL your PT and you'll be good as new!! I've made over 100 skydives and almost 40 BASE jumps since my surgery, after being 'off' for almost 9 months:P
Good luck and heal quickly!!!
Blair

TAKE ADVANTAGE of the sponge baths!!!!!;)

my ACL was ripped completely off the bone, my MCL, Miniscus and lateral were all ripped to hell in my right knee in a motorcycle accident july 4th. Just got off crutches last week...sucked big time, 2-3 months of therapy left...make sure you work the hell out of that knee...i have been told with only an acl job you could be walking without crutches in a week or 2....stick with it..

Good Luck with it.

I had mine (Left) replaced bone-tendon-bone graft about 10 years ago. Running, cutting drills and weights - running, cutting drills and weights. It doesn't take long to recover if you are athletic.

I'm thinking the warranty on that must be about 10 years based on my feelings while climbing.

If you get any info on how long the docs think it lasts, would you PM me?

later

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Hey Steve, it's Tammy from Perris, now in Baldwin Wi. for the summer. I'm getting ready to have surgery on my ACL and maniscus at the end of October before I head back to perris. I toughed it out for the summer and have been jumping, sliding on my butts for landing. I'm looking forward to the surgery and being able to stand up my landings again:)see you reeal soon,.
If God wanted man to stay on the ground.
He would of put roots on them instead of feet.
loving life
GO-N-UP

Def milk it as long as you can! Sponge baths are not a bad thing!

I had mine done about 4 years ago. Therapy is the hardest part. Just stick with it and follow everything they say . It took me a good 4-5 months before I could do any kind of running or cutting. But I was swimming in 2 months. Your knee will be stronger now then it was before.

Most important then anything - Stay postive!!!! You are gonna have some rough days ahead, but think the faster you get it over with the sooner you'll be back in the skies!!!

Good Luck

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

Ya know, I knew that this was fairly common, but this is amazing how many people have been through it.

I was running off a landing and stepped wrong...felt a pop and that was that. It happened at the beginning of August, and just had the surgery on Wed. The doctor said that I should be able to jump in a few months. He prepared me for about 6 months of PT, though, but from everything else I have heard, it doesn't last that long. He said 3 weeks without more than 20 lbs. on it, and then it sounds like I can start to walk on it again with the brace. I can already bend it gently just to work it out, and surprisingly, it isn't hurting much at all at the moment (only took 1 vicadin today). I'm looking forward to unwrapping it tomorrow and getting in the shower. I think my family is looking forward to that too. :-)

I wouldn't be too nervous...this really seems to be more of an inconvenience than anything.

Anyway, good luck.

-S

Did you get your "nurse" a nice little outfit to wear while she gives you the sponge baths?

---------

She went on a cruise this weekend...she is SOOOOO making it up to me next week...

:D

-S

I had mine done last September and was jumping (albeit very carefully at xmas in Florida). I still am very careful -- don't jump in squirrelly winds and slide it in whenever I can.

The good news is you never have to pack since kneeling takes a good couple of years! Bust butt at therapy and don't stop after the 6-10 weeks they tell you. Keep at it for up to 1 year, it'll make all the difference.

Elaine
D-7863