Brains

Do you have a will?

I have a meeting with an attorney this morning to set up a will. Seems like a good idea to me as there is a business at stake should something happen to me. Anyone else have a will just in case or is it more of a "don't think about it" kind of deal??

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Hey, man, good to hear it... What bennies to you have me down for?
I'll take all the freon, and the guages.

Seriously, no, I don't, but I need to.
Hmmm, who should I leave my rig to?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I really don't have anything anyone wants!:P

Well, I wouldn't go that far. It's just that what you have that we want, we don't want anymore after you're gone.

Well, I don't, but I guess there might be some wierdos out there.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

no assets left. grrrr. so my will is carried by my friends and family...

if i am really fucked up, take your time calling 911 and don't even bother plugging me in.

donate anything that they can use, burn the rest.

dump the bones over eloy.
namaste, motherfucker.

The only thing I can really put in my will would be to give everything I have to my Daughter, and I want an ash dive, no matter if I was still jumping at the time, no matter how long that time is from now, I don't care, I want to fly forever.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Yes, I do. I put a lot of thought into making sure neither of my daughters would be left wanting. I also made sure the executor understood my wishes so there would be no doubt in anyone's mind what I wanted. When my grandparents passed away I had to update it to show what I had inherited so realize that a will is constantly changing. There is also an addendum that lists all of my insurance including life and personal property, my investments, and contact numbers to make it easier for the executor to handle things.

Even if you don't have a will you need a living will or your family will have to deal with the decision to keep you alive or not in the event of a catoastrophic accident or illness.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Even if you don't have a will you need a living will or your family will have to deal with the decision to keep you alive or not in the event of a catoastrophic accident or illness.

That would be no.

Just no. No ifs ands or buts, just no.

Yes, I do and my daughters have a copy as well as a copy of my living will/durable power of attorney for health care. I would encourage you to also execute one each of those as well. It help ensure that your wishes are carried out should you become incapacitated....it could happen!
I also stow a copy of the living will/durable power of attorney for health care in the glove compartment of my car. Odds are in favor of a car accident ruining my day! It's not morbid it's simply practical and kind to your family to have these things in place. :)
Attitude is everything!

no...

but I don't have much money either. Or a family of my own. My parents have enough sense to take care of my cats, but beyond that, my brother would prolly take the computer, and my uncle would want the knife and sword collection, but that's pretty much the only valuable stuff I've got. No point to having a will at this time in my life... but if I happen to somehow acquire a lot of cash, or get married and/or have kids, a will would be one of my first orders of business.

However, I do have something that's kinda like a will, because it says what I want done with certain stuff after I don't need it, but its even more important than a will, because it deals with people, not things. Its an organ donor card.

Make sure someone yells "BONES AWAY" before dropping them!

Bwahahahahaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol.

if you ever have call to do a solo ash dive, don't do it on your back. if you do you will be remembering your loved one for many beers, shaking them out of your ears and i have to admit that was the one laugh i had that day as i sat at the bar draining a pither of guiness and picking ela boogers. was my pleasure.:D
namaste, motherfucker.

Yes....everyone should. Doesn't matter if you don't have any money. If you're single and die with no will, the government does the job. Even if you don't have money to leave them, maybe they would like some of your personal articles to remember you by. If you leave probate up to the government, then your family has to deal with them to get ANY of your property and to determine what to do with your remains.

It's not too hard. I bought a generic form will on the internet, made my sister executrix and left everything to my mom. Sign it with two witnesses in front of a notary, gave a copy to my sister and was done. Cost me $20 and about an hour of time.

donate anything that they can use, burn the rest

I don't even care what they do with the rest, but burning is better than burying. I do have a will, though (I have a house, and a kid, and experience settling the estate of someone who didn't have a will).

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Well, not as difficult as i thought it would be. I now have a document that states my wishes after death and a living will/power of attorney in case of accidents, etc. I also have a "memorandum regarding personal belongings" for any personal items that i want distributed. For those who said they don't have a will, i strongly encourage it. Don't be a burden to your loved ones even when you're gone. My attorney had even heard of an ash dive before and clearly stated it in my will, how cool is that?

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.