Brains

Do you have a will?

Yes of course I have a will. And If I go first I'm leaving you my Racer and the Raven 218.

Whatcha gonna leave me if you go first??
L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock

yeah, Levin gets all. House, car and Skeeter.

I know he still will not clean the pool and I have a good $5 bet on that.

I have a brother and think he will maybe get a portion. But I am not to excited about that. We can not get along. Unavoidable, sad, but true.

My dependents are my dogs. And there is a good size provision on their care. Especially Skeet, FleaFlyer and Olav ZipsTer.

I want Skeet and Flea taken very good care of. And I want ZipsTers super cool bad ass mohawlk maintained.

~AirAnn~

The wife and I have managed to accumulate some assets over the years. We have two kids and if anything happens to both of us, we want to make sure they get our stuff. I had a lot of fears that the wrong people would end up with things, and I sure didn't want the government or lawyers to get anything. So, finally we made an appointment with a lawyer to find out the truth on this one. We were told that (in Montana anyhow) all your assets would automatically go to the next of kin. Our lawyer also told us that we could also write out our wishes on a piece of paper, (in our own hand writing), have it witnessed and notarized and this would be binding in court. I hate giving money to lawyers, so at present I don't have an official will drawn up. I should at least draw one up myself. I also don't want my kids fighting over things, so maybe I should get things in writing, but I'm still not clear why I need to have a lawyer draw one up. Did this other lawyer give us the wrong info.? Don't your dependants automatically get your stuff in other states? I suppose it depends on a person's situation also. Please enlighten me because I'm an old duffer, and I could go at any time......Steve1

Dammit, y'all, now you're making me feel guilty. My brother-in-law died this summer w/o a will, and my sister-in-law has cancer and won't be around long. I've seen what happens when you don't have a will and the spouse is in no shape to take care of things. Their finaces and wishes have been destroyed. I've talked to a lawyer (a friend, who is married to a lawyer, so they have lots of ideas) about getting a will done. Now I have to get my lazy ass in gear and get somehing down on paper and I'm here reading Talkback. Grrrrr... now I have to go be responsible.

So much for a quiet Friday evening sipping beer and reading about skydiving.

Vint
. . . . .
"Make it hard again." Doc Ed

“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free” Nikos Kazantzakis

This reminds me of when my daughter was younger she had kind of a warped sense of humor, (just like her old man). I had gone hunting that day, and didn't get home till late. On arrival home my daughter informed me that she was very worried about me, and they had been thinking something bad could have happened. Then she stated that she was really really worried, but then she got to thinking that if something had happened to me that she'd get all my stuff, and then she didn't feel so bad......Where did I go wrong????:ph34r:.......Steve1

No will here. I should, though....because my assets actually outweigh the debt. I have a couple life insurance policies(no skydivers listed as beneficiary, so don't get any ideas!@#), though....and NONE of them have exclusions for the "extreme" sports I partake in(skydiving, cave diving).

Mike

Is there any point getting a Will if you have virtually no assets? I'll get one done before I BASE but other circumstances will have changed by then.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Edmund Burke (1729-1797)

Yes of course I have a will. And If I go first I'm leaving you my Racer and the Raven 218.

Whatcha gonna leave me if you go first??

Can't i have the infinity??:P I will leave you my Odyssey WITH the cobalt 135, on the condition that you give it to someone who could use it:P

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I'm sensing some serious pop top prejudice here.

It's exactly this kind of attitude that forces people like me to go out and buy BRAND NEW RIGS.
L.A.S.T. #24
Electric Toaster #3

It's exactly this kind of attitude that forces people like me to go out and buy BRAND NEW RIGS.

I can't believe you're abandoning the cause, man. Turning your back on your people. I will wear my pop top with pride! At least until I can afford a new Infinity.
Skydiving is for cool people only

I seem to have developed some serious velcro issues in mid life. Unfortuantely so have my brake lines.
I however, will continue to be proud to stand next to you under the tent whilst loading.

Carry on SisterB|
L.A.S.T. #24
Electric Toaster #3

I actually just got one about 3 months ago....after skydiving for almost 3 months - mostly because my family was conerned that if anything happened to me, all my stuff would go to the State. I made it as simple as possible, just to ease all their concerns but I guess it is a good idea........can't hurt right.....

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

Hmmm, who should I leave my rig to?

Four of us that jump together has decided that the remaining three should decide what deserving upjumper should get our gear. They should:
A) be struggling along on old gear or be without.
b) Have a love of the sport.
c) buy the old guys beer.
d) agree to give the gear back if they leave the sport

I spent to long jumping gutter gear and want to pass mine along to others.

I have a will and my family is well cared for.