CanuckInUSA

Looking for positive INS vibes

For the legal residents of the USA who aren't against (legal) aliens like myself, I am looking for some positive INS vibes from you. You see my NAFTA TN-1 work visa expires on Saturday. So today after work, I will be starting off my long drive from the metro Denver area to the Alberta/Montana border to renew my visa. I have made the drive many times before (so I know what to expect), and I find that renewing my visa at this border crossing point to be less stressful than say somewhere like the Toronto Intl airport. But it would be nice if I never had to do this because make no mistake about it, it can be a stressful time not knowing what the INS agent will do. I don't aniticipate problems (I've renewed numerous times aleady and have been in the USA for almost six years). But at the same time, some positive INS vibes would be appreciated. B|

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Cool, someone that does it the right way.
As much as this happens, you don't actually hear about those that work the process very much. All you hear about is those that try to get around the laws.
Props to you CanuckInUSA.
Have you considered applying for citizenship?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Have you considered applying for citizenship?

You need to have a Green Card first before you can be a citizen and the only way to get a Green Card is through work (a total time consuming hassle with no guarantee) or through marriage. Marriage would be my better option, but I'm not about to get married just for a Green Card, and besides ... I currently don't have anyone interested in me. :S

Good Luck with them. Tell them you simply MUST be here for Eloy at Christmas or lots of peeps will be sad.

Visa or no visa, I'm all over the Eloy Holiday boogie (even if I have to sneak into the country).

Visa or no visa, I'm all over the Eloy Holiday boogie (even if I have to sneak into the country).

Now that's the level of dedication I'm talkin' about! Good luck to ya Steve... as long as the INS isn't monitoring dz.com you should be good to go!:P

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

get married just for a Green Card, and besides ... I currently don't have anyone interested in me.

That's not uncommon, plus if you can gather $5,000 you'll see that there are 'a lot' of women interested in you. :)

TONS of GOOD vibes my friend. :)

Vibes, eh.

Are we still on track with the "operation getting americans drunk on canadian beer so we can invade in the middle of the night" plan?

Seriously, good luck!

Marz

Invade with what? Our hockey sticks? ;)

Learn from the experts.

1) barrel leaping into the nigarafalls ...Need to practice on your swimming capabilities.

2) Get a rubber boat (in case they send you down south..Walk the dessert during the night..

((((((((vibes))))))))))
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Good luck, I know exactly how you feel.

My TN comes up in November, so I'm preparing for that now, too. My history of working with INS is not particularly positive. My lawyer bills are excesive.

Keep us updated. I'd love to know how the place "feels".

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Some vibes coming your way right now.
Just send me back your leftovers when you're done. I've been waiting for over a year now for my change of status application (H1 to E) and over 7 months for my E-visa application. And until my new visa is finally approved I can't travel, or at least I won't be able to come back in :(.

Good luck,

Thom

Viberoonies for you, Mr. Canuck...

And BTW, how do you know no-one's interested? Perhaps they're just shy, or, uh, stalking you really really well - like the invisible stalker I have (You know, the Chocolate Fairy???) (Hey, delusions are good sometimes...:S). Just a thought....:)
Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Good vibes from Georgia.
I had to do the same thing for several years when I lived in Tucson; when Mexico was included in NAFTA then I could just pop down to Nogales, much closer than Alberta. Have you considered going south, you can renew the TN at the Mexican border even if you are Canadian. (That way you could stop at Eloy on the way down and the way back, or head to southern California instead). I never had any trouble but I always got nervous dealing with INS, I guess because they can mess with you so badly if they're having an off day. Now I've got a green card, one more year and I can apply for citizenship.

Invade with what? Our hockey sticks? ;)

Hey, we've seen the movie "Canadian Bacon", so we are well aware of the Canadian Conspiracy. ;)

How's this for a plan: You leave a nice big portrait photo of yourself at manifest. Each time a new tandem student comes in, manifest will show them the photo, then offer them the option of a free jump if they agree to marry you. It shouldn't take more than a few weeks to get an offer, and hopefully it will be from a girl!
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.