BikerBabe

What would you do with $7500?

Um, OK, so I got a little bonus. :$

So now I have this *thing* sitting in my bank account, begging to go somewhere else.

what would you do? Taxes have already been taken out.

I know I should be responsible, but the tunnel and the holiday boogie are calling my name...

argh!
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

If you pay off your debts, you'll have more money for all of the rest of the items on that list. ;)
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Andi

1) Pay off any consumer debt that you can.

2) The responsible next choice is to invest it (not necessarily in the markets though). But who said skydivers were responsible people thinking of their retirement. I know I haven't invested a penny ever since I started jumping. :S

3) Do you need gear more than you need jumps (once you're healthy of course) or do you need jumps more than gear? Right now I need jumps more than gear, so I know how I'd lean. But your situation may be different.

Above all else, do what you need to do to be happy and secure with your present situation. Having $$$ for the future is good, but being happy now is what counts in my world. ;)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Spend it recklessly, with abandon.

I had $6k at the beginning of the summer. So I quit my job and over the next few months spent every last dime - traveling, boogieing, partying and buying things I wanted but didn't need.

I'm as broke as I've ever been now.

Was it worth it? Ohhhh HELL yeah... :ph34r:

I'm fortunate in that I have no debts yet, so can't do that. However when student loans come due, I'll be up to arse in debt...[:/]

I'd buy a brand new rig, new container, main, reserve, cypress, audible, and everything else I've said, "When I have some more cash, I'll have to buy that." Then I'd put about 1000 away in savings and put the rest to my loans.

I voted for "other" 'cause if I had 7500 extra bucks sitting around I'd send some to this Really Great Guy named Keith :ph34r: Seriously though, it's a BONUS, and should be spent on stuff that makes you happy. B|
Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville

TUNNEL!!!

Tunnel, tunnel, tunnel

maybe the 4-way/tunnel combined camp

TUNNEL

Jump
jump
jump

and a little booze

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Ok.. lets be rational here...... since credit debt eats up monthly income.. pay off as much as you can. BUT... being rational skydivers.. I think SOME new gear is in order. you KNOW by the time it arrives you will be READY to use it

Jeanne

What me & Iona did with £6,000 (near enough $7,500) was blow it on an month in the states.

This was 1997. I did Sky-U in Eloy, Iona did some AFF, bought some gear, took 10 days and "Did a road movie" (drove from Casa Grande to Calgary, around Alberta & back).

Made loads of friends, got LOADS of memories.

Got back, bought a cheap computer with what was left... & discovered Dropzone.com.

Oh yeah... Got back & got a row from parents for not paying off some of the house :P:(

Still... The "need" to make another "Road Movie" (in our heads) is building again. We're thinking BA to PHX, drive down to Tucson (stop for the night at Eloy - gotta rest after the 13 hour pi$$-up / flight). Couple of days in Tucson, down to Tombstone, across to Yuma, up the Az "West Coast", over to Vegas & pick up I-15(ish) for another blast up to Alberta (it's the journey, not the arrival). Visit the relatives, back down the fast way (straight down I-15 this time). DON'T get lost in SLC at 0200L this time Iona:o, off onto Utah Hw20 & pick up route 87 to Kanab, the down to the North Rim. Alt 87 & then pick up route 66 east then south to canyon du chelly (has to be good for a couple of days under canvas), through Petrified Forest Nat Pk, work our way back to Phoenix & bugger about shopping & Sedona until either our flights home fall due or INS catch up with us:ph34r:.

Now all I've gotta do is scheme up a month off work. How will they survive without me!?:S.

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

Hi Iona here,the reason I got lost in SLC was they were doing road-works for the winter olympics,so it was'nt really my fault (honest):P:P

What did'nt help was mike waking up in the passenger seat sitting bold upright and shouting: "WHERE THE F&CK ARE WE? WHERE THE F&CK IS THE INTERSTATE!!!?" That was why I ran the 2 red lights.[:/]

At this point I'd just like to point out to the State of Utah that you're road signs are crap. ANd while you may drive on the Right side of the road... That is in fact the wrong side of the road!>:(>:(>:(. The least you could do is move over for the Brit coming toward you:o.

Iona.

Mike...

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

Pay off my credit card debt. With the remaining 500$, i'd pay off my overdraft. Damn, i'm broke, lol! The only reason i'd do this is because that is the perfect sum of $$ to leave me f&c. If the question were to be, what would I do with 3000$, i'd pay off one credt card, my overdraft, and buy some gear goodies and jump tickets, lol!

Angela.