Michele

Pie

Pie. Not 100th jump pie...but Pumpkin Pie, who is now generally referred to as Pie. My kitten.

After two weeks solid of hiding behind the entertainment center, and after two weeks' worth of me laying on the floor, reaching under, and stroking the tip of her tail with the tip of my finger (that was often all I could reach...), she decided it might be safe to come out and see what the house looked like during the day. It was literally a night-and-day difference...she was hiding, and now she is not hiding. No tentative, cautious creeping and wondering....just blammo, into the full swing of things...

I had forgotten what having a kitten is like. The energy. The exhuberance. The attacks.

Pie is a sweetheart, when she's sleeping. Other than that, she is a holy terror. She leaps of whatever she has climbed on top of down onto whatever is passing below - me, the other cats, dust, shadows. Doesn't matter. Or, she hides under the Papasan chair, and attacks ankles, paws, shoes, the carpet.

What's amazing is how quiet she is just before she attacks. It is not usually quiet after the attack has been launched, but that's to be expected. Except in the middle of the night. Then, the yowls have me on my feet and moving before I know what I am responding to...the cats have not drawn each other's blood - only mine...

As I write this, she is cuddled on the back of my neck, between me and the chair back, purring loudly. She tends to reach up and clasp my face between her front paws and then bite my lips or my nose...so any time she's behind me, it's good. She also thinks that my earlobes are a good substitute for a mama cat's nipple...except she gets frustrated that nothing can be sucked out of it. Then she starts to chew...nibble..claw...

And I had forgotten as well that everything in existence - socks, shoes, laundry baskets, trashcans, boxes, whatever - are now toys for her. She's taken to trying to catch the news scroll thing on the bottom of the TV screen...and has actually leapt at the TV screen...and then falls over. She is a klutz...

How is it that a 5.2 pound kitten can, without moving a muscle, literally leap from one side of the bed across two other cats and the quilt, and land on my head? How is it that she can dominate the household like she does?

And how did she make it into my heart so fast???

Here's some new photos of her...

"Attack" "Defend" are before and afters of her deciding Esse was an appropriate target.

"Sneaking up," "Sneaking Up 2," and "Tired after Sneaking up" are self-explanatory.

Enjoy!

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

That fourth pic should be titled "Satan's Cat". Holy crap, that cat looks spooky in that pic. :o

Edit: But I LOVELOVELOVE cats, so I meant no harm. :)
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Aw, those pics make me want one and I'm not even a cat person... Very cute.

ditto here:)
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

She is gorgeous. I wonder what she'll look like full grown. The vet thinks she will be good sized...and that she's underweight right now. I told him it was because she is always bouncing around, like Tigger.

Glad she adopted you.

Me too. So many laughs in the last few weeks, just watching her learn how to handle her environment.

Yes, SneakingUp2 is definitely demonic...I was laughing so hard that I missed the rest of the "fight"... I printed it up and hung it in the lunchroom at work, and everyone is commenting on it. Some have said that's greeting card material! LOL...something like "when life sneaks up and attack" kinda card.

She is a cutie, and definitely a love. And although it is somewhat bittersweet, because I still miss BK so very much, it's great to have a baby around the house.

You all will note, however, that Charlotte is not in any of the pix. She's still considering her opinion about the wee one. And yes, Esse is a saint and a very very gentle cat...even those shots of her on top of Pie were done with no claws displayed, and without a doubt playing.

Thanks for looking!

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~