Kerozene

Skydiver's education degree

BA - English
Master's in Business Administration

Right now both are just pieces of paper shoved in a drawer somewhere.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..."

Some units in college, but got really bored. So, high school degree it is for me...

Just goes to show us that a degree doesn't speak fully to the capabilities of an individual... Michele, you're one of the most eloquent writers I've ever met!:)
I networked (literally) my way through college so I could start this "wonderful and fulfilling" career in the military.

B.S. - Computer Science and minor in Data/Voice Communications.

Didn't know shit about any of it until I had some good OJT![:/]

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

B.S. Mechanical Engineering

i actually use my degree too!

Thats one thing I can't understand. How can you get a science degree in engineering?

Oh well...

I have a BSc(Hons) in physics, and 2/3's of a PhD.
--
Arching is overrated - Marlies

Some college here. Aced some 300 level courses with no pre-reqs at Oglthorpe University in Atlanta in 1999, the school counselor wouldn't direct me to a CLEP exam so I said f****it for a while. Enough professional experience in the field to hold my own, and then some, but expect I'll get that piece of paper anyway... [:/]
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

B.S. - Computer Science and minor in Data/Voice Communications.

Katies a geek.... katies a geek....:P

Ok me.. BS in Geology.. with a minor in Computer Science. Good enough for running my own consulting company for ten years.. then I got tired of chasing people down to get paid and went to work for a big software company that pays me on a very regular basis ... I love staying up all night and being paid to play with computers:)
The Geology thing... nah.... I did well logging for a summer.. and the only jobs available back in the 80's were that kind of thing. Somehow... the thought of being the only educated person and a woman .... on an oil rig.. in the middle of the freakin Indian Ocean..off the coast of a moslem country with about 60 of the lowest scumbags on the planet.. working 12 on and 12 off and processing samples of the mud for 3 weeks at a time..... just was not my idea of a good time. (No idea how the local law would have handled a woman tossing one of said scumbags over the side of the rig.... on a whim.... if he would have gotten out of line)

Amazon

3/4 of a BS degree in Business Management
22 years experience
Blah, blah, blah about my standing ....

I managed and fixed other peoples bullshyt that they and their college degree f#*ked up.
I ran their business lean mean and profitable. So on P&L report time they were huge heroes with increasingly jacked up salaries for your hard work and long hours.

Thing is some people spend so much time in school getting their paper that they miss the experience you need to be a success in Corporate America.

On the other hand, --- Some days you have to have the paper to be considered for an interview. Other times they view the extent of your resume and waive the degree. Regarding available positions it might read degreed or equivalent.

Over all its best to have the degree and the experience. IMO Either way, you may or may not get a job. Its always best to have something to fall back on, like packing.:)

~AirAnn~

It usualy takes a measure of education to be employed in a capacity that can pay for an expensive sport such as this.

Ha ha ha, you reckon!!!
I have a BSc.(hons) in Genetics, work in genetics and get paid next to f*ck all for my trouble. Start my new job on Monday though (still in genetics, but a bit more cash) and am currently working my notice... Not that you could tell by the amount of time I'm spending on line atm!!!

Steph
-x-

Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.)
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (M.C.S.E.)

I will tell you one thing though. My best learning experiences have been through my "travels" to different countries and seeing various cultures. It's amazing what you can learn by just "listening to others."

Finishing my Associates in Business at Pikes Peak Community College.

Starting University of Colorado very soon to complete BS in Marketing

Oh and military is Airman Leadership School, and a half of dozen different Aircraft Schools (C-17...C-141...C-5!!!...)

J.Neas

College diplomas in sociology and journalism
Bachelor of Arts with major in history and minor in geography
FAA Master Parachute Rigger
and a bunch of skydiving instructor ratings
Now I work as a professional skydiver.

Have made most of my money as a technician, initially turning wrenches on helicopters but for the last ten years have made a living as a parachute rigger. My FAA Senior Rigger rating has earned me more dollars than all my post-secondary education.

Working on my Bachelor of Mathematics, two majors - pure math and cs. Haven't decided if I want to continue post-graduate (assuming I can). If I do, it will be in mathematics, not cs.

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.