MyOwnWay

Friend commited suicide last night. . .

As someone who suffered their entire life from depression, I can understand the darkness people can feel and the pain it causes. I would encourage ANYONE who reads this thread that might be suffering from the same thing to GET HELP! It took a very good friend of mine to get me to get help. No reason to suffer!

As someone who suffered their entire life from depression, I can understand the darkness people can feel and the pain it causes. I would encourage ANYONE who reads this thread that might be suffering from the same thing to GET HELP! It took a very good friend of mine to get me to get help. No reason to suffer!

Amen.
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

I've known several people who have committed suicide..
one of my closet friends at 17 yrs old, his dad.
2 in 1997..
And I still don't know what to say.
just speechless..sorry to hear about your friend, and someone's child, and brother.
Gary Calhoun

<<>>>>

i had a guy in my work area shoot himslef 3 weeks ago. and two other people i work with have trid to off them selves since then( one was the gal that found the guy i worked with). and a guy that worked down the street hung himslef last weekend... it is never easy for anybody to deal with it. hope you deal with it and can move on...... <>>>>

you're so right. life is not for us to take. a good friend of mine did this many years ago and it makes me wonder why to this day. seems very selfish, huh? hugs and positive (((((vibes))))) to you.

billy d------------------------- "Escape may be checked by water and land, but the air and the sky are free." (from the story of Daedalus and Icarus)

Oh darlin'. I read that title in the list and thought to myself, "How much more does this poor woman have to endure?"

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

A little compassion and understanding in this troubled time goes a long way. [:/]
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

And if you want to know the reason why he did it I would be happy to tell you since so many people who claim to have known him so well and what a "wonderful" father and person he was ...

It really angers me when people think they know everything and they really don't know shit. No offense to you I am sure you are a very caring person and my deepest sympathies to you.
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

My condolences to you, Jen, and to Ashley, too. It seems normal to have grief coupled with extreme anger from someone having taken this way out from you and your daughter's lives. Jen, please PM me, again, if you need someone to talk with...I would love to listen. People have been way too hard and judgmental with you.

Jen, I am here for you and for anyone else that needs love and understanding over this.

I haven't read through all the replies, but since you, like me, beleive life is given to us (by another power), just try to reconcile youself with the fact that they are closer to the power. For some people that's the only help they feel they can rely on.

Nick
---------------------------
"I've pierced my foot on a spike!!!"

Suicide is the ultimate selfish act.

I agree with Quade. I don't mean to turn this thread into a debate, but it is not my duty to live for the pleasure of someone else (unless I've made that promise to someone in a wedding vow or for some other reason). I have no desire to die, but if I want to make that choice, it's mine to make. There are a million debatable issues about life (abortion, euthanasia, etc) and property rights that exist in this world, but one thing is an undeniable fact. My mind and my body are mine entirely, to do with what I please. (Yes, provided that I am not physically endangering others).

I used the first person in this simply because it was easier and also helped represent my point. But I mean it in a general sense.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

In a philosophical sense I understand your reasoning. However, it is my belief that when you have a child who is three years old and vowed yourself to your wife forever, your right to make selfish decisions changes.

If you create a bed for you, your wife and your baby to lay in, it is selfish and cowardly to run away from it just because you can. What about taking a stand for your child and family and just facing the bed you made???

How about a little bit of accountability and humility by admitting you made a mistake?

This suicide was not because of a "depressed" person. This suicide was because of a fear of facing the music that he created.
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."