ACMESkydiver

What do you do when you're NOT skydiving?

I'm sitting here in a stupid office in my husband's reserve unit on Ft. Lawson bored out of my skull (had to come with him to get a new ID card), and I'm on Dropzone.com. Thinking about skydiving (in 10 minutes yea!!:)
So if i didn't skydive, what would I do? What would I be thinking of? I can't remember what occupied the lil' corners of my mind before I started jumping. Now that I'm obsessed, what else is there to do?? What do you do if you're not skydiving or thinking about it?
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I'm sitting here in a stupid office in my husband's reserve unit on Ft. Lawson bored out of my skull (had to come with him to get a new ID card), and I'm on Dropzone.com. Thinking about skydiving (in 10 minutes yea!!) and I'm wondering...

So if i didn't skydive, what would I do? What would I be thinking of? I can't remember what occupied the lil' corners of my mind before I started jumping. Now that I'm obsessed, what else is there to do?? What do you do if you're not skydiving or thinking about it?

that's a damn good question, i have neve not been exposed to skydiving, i've grown up around it. i mean when you dad owned a dz since you were a very small kid, all you ever really think about is wanting to make a skydive and then when you finally do, you think about what you're going to do on you next jump or what you could do.

so i really don't know what i would be thinking about, more than likely something like an "extreme" sport of some kind. i'm sure i would of found some other exciting hobby and would just be thinking about that.

i know a few jumpers that started jumping and would think, man what did i used to do on weekends before i started jumping.

later

I work. I work so i can skydive, so i can work more so i can skydive more.

Embrace the obsession!! IMHO

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan

I've got a 30 pack of Bud cans in hand and am on my way to my homies pad to grill and booze it up a little.

surf.
jog.
smoke parliment lights.
chew dentine ice.
shit like that, ya know?...

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

Here is my problem. I haven't had a real job inover 8 years. I skydive for a living. So I never wondered. Then I started waning on my skydiving craving. Now I have a real job and I remember what I am missing. What is up with that?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Here is my problem. I haven't had a real job inover 8 years. I skydive for a living.

Ahh, no, actually that IS a real job, the corporate life is the bullshit job and Ive been through enough of it to finally realize that. See, youre actually doing something productive, and something for yourself instead of being a burnout who has nothing better to do than make someone else rich.

I guess Ill always have a hard time letting go of money so Im looking for my next bullshit job, but what you do warrants a lot of respect cause youre in a high end sport and making a living at it. Not too many people can do that.

when not thinking about skydiving. Im usally thinking about how electrons from one atom interact with another atom or molecule.
------------------------------------------------------
"From the mightiest pharaoh to the lowliest peasant,
who doesn't enjoy a good sit?" C. Montgomery Burns

I used to play soccer a lot, but when you use 6 days a week on training and matches, you only have one day where you can skydive (that is if your lucky with the weather)...So I dropped soccer.
Now I just work all the time so I have money to burn on skydiving!

"We Are The Light At The End Of Your Sorry Little Tunnel"

When I'm not skydiving? I'm thinking about skydiving, or how to make more $$ for skydiving, or working and looking forward to the next time I'll skydive, or sitting around the house thinking about jumping, or working in the garage thinking about how I'd rather be at the DZ.

Nothing out of the ordinary, really.

Easy Does It