jkm2500

Merry Christmas from Iraq!!!

I just wanted to say Merry Christmas to all of you out there in the real world. It really doesn't feel like Christmas out here, nobody really went out of thier way. I gave my troops the day off so that they could enjoy some time to themselves, which means that I get to spend 24 hours on duty. The chow hall is serving up a killer meal at about noon today...it should be good. I hope that your holiday is better than mine!!! Merry Christmas!!!
The primary purpose of the Armed Forces is to prepare for and to prevail in combat should the need arise.

merry christmas to you too!!! i hung out with an old army friend last night i hadn't seen in a year 1/2. he'd spent some months in iraq (he's a rigger in the 82nd) and had some interesting stories to tell. you rock my man, keep up the good work and God bless.

Where are you at? if you wander up to Pacesetter (for the near future) i'll share a meal with you..

we're serving lunch and dinner meals for the soldiers for Xmas so at least for today no soldier has to pull KP...

Happy Holidays to everyone back in the real world and those sharing this desert sky..

To all, thank you for the kind words. It definitely means a lot to all of us to know that you stand behind us. Merry Christmas!!!!

Zenister- KP is inevitable out here. I am down at Brassfield/Mora not enough people for Brown and Root. The Battalion Commander will be serving chow though. BTW it was a good meal, the cooks out here are awesome.

Shark- If I make it out to Elsinore I will take you up on that jump ticket, thanks. My home DZ is SD Temple-Salado, Texas. If any of you guys make it out that way after March drop in and make a jump!!!
The primary purpose of the Armed Forces is to prepare for and to prevail in combat should the need arise.

I just wanted to say Merry Christmas to all of you out there in the real world. It really doesn't feel like Christmas out here, nobody really went out of thier way. I gave my troops the day off so that they could enjoy some time to themselves, which means that I get to spend 24 hours on duty. The chow hall is serving up a killer meal at about noon today...it should be good. I hope that your holiday is better than mine!!! Merry Christmas!!!

Thank you for your sacrafice this holiday season. If it were not for you guys in the armed services, we would not be able to enjoy the holiday as we are back in the states. We owe you a debt of gratitude and a good meal when you get back:P Glad to hear they are feeding you well today. It was awfully nice of you to give your guys the day off, I am sure they are very greatful.

Thank you again for your service and I hope this at least puts a smile of your face. Know that we are thinking about you and hoping for your safe return:)
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

BTW it was a good meal, the cooks out here are awesome.

KBR hasnt made it up here yet either, nor has AFFEES ('we go where you are' lol) ...but the meal this evening was one of the best i've had in/around the military..and its was great fun serving the soldiers, cool to watch their eyes as we filled their plates and told them they could have as much as they wanted of whatever they wanted..:o annoyed the mess SGT a bit, but it isnt as if he's going to save the leftovers....

i'm off to my cot soon, i've got a bad case of FPS (fat puppy syndrome) :ph34r: i think i'll sleep well tonight no matter how many mortar rounds we take...

Merry Christmas to you, also, and thanks so much for your sacrifice. If you're ever on the eastern shore of Delaware, or at Orange, VA, or maybe down at Carolina Sky Sports, or wherever you happen to catch me I'll cough up a jump ticket, too, as well as a drink of whatever I have. That goes for any of your other jumpin soldier friends.

BTW, be careful when Santa comes over, I'm not sure he's equipped with an IFF transponder.;)