PhillyKev

Taxes....

I was thinking about it today. If I only work 40 hrs. per week I gross $1600.00 After it's all done and said, just taxes and health ins. and a pension plan I'll probably never see(or SS) I'll net 650 a week. Let's go help some more Iranians that just want to spit in our face. Had to vent B|
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

I was thinking about it today. If I only work 40 hrs. per week I gross $1600.00 After it's all done and said, just taxes and health ins. and a pension plan I'll probably never see(or SS) I'll net 650 a week. Let's go help some more Iranians that just want to spit in our face. Had to vent B|

I'd like to see the breakdown on that one.

NOONE pays 60% taxes.

I'm guessing that there is a healthy 401k coming out pretax, also health insurance for you and your family, or like in my case, insurance and Childsupport.

No way that you are paying 60%
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

But after regular taxes - Probabaly in the 28% or better bracket, state and local can be high in some areas (New York for instance, has outrageous taxes - One of the many reasons I don't live there anymore,) Now if the guy is maxing out his 401(k) at 15% of his gross, that can reduce the take-home pay quite a bit. But he should have a tidy sum left for retirement, yes?

Easy Does It

25% off the top goes to the union for local and national pension plan, insurance. Then add the wonderful state of Ca. Child support , gas, food , rent, beer, excluded. Any wonder I can't jump anymore. And I don't have a vehicle to boot. If I work 24/7 I get by but then when can I jump?B| Flame on

[replyGetting money back that is rightfully yours, but that the government has "held onto for you" for the past year isn't getting paid--it's getting screwed.

Yeah, but if the gov't didn't hold onto it for me, I'd never be able get that big tax return check and quickly blow it on useless crap.

Sure, learning to manage my money would work too...

OK. I have to respond to that one. I came to Ca. from Fla. a couple years ago to build power plants partly because of 9-11 the economy shut down. I joined the union and they have been pretty good to me. When I do the #'s , more money in Ca. vs. Fla. but between the cost of living it comes out damn near the same. The only diff. is I had to work like a dog in Fla. for the same money. The union does have its benefits. I will add Fla. is my home state and I miss her dearlyB|

The union has nothing to do with taxes my friend.

I am extatic that you are making more and all, and doing less.

But taxes are taxes and why should it be?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

If taxes were not deducted automatically, if we had to write out a check regularly to pay them, they would be lower.

It would be well worth the hassle to get public opinion focused on the taxes/size of gov't.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

If taxes were not deducted automatically, if we had to write out a check regularly to pay them, they would be lower.

It would be well worth the hassle to get public opinion focused on the taxes/size of gov't.

And some one finally gets it!

Yeah Baby.

I say lets get all the paychecks and take NO TAXES from them.
Then, every Month, a check gets written to the Gov't for the taxes you pay now.
Nothing different, no change in the dollar amount. Just that you have to actually pay attention to how much all these welfare and needy programs cost every month.

Then see what happens to party lines then. That would be fun to watch.

You would have the Republican Party, and the three people left in the other parties.

But taxes are taxes and why should it be?
I don't know. I guess so I can pay for every lazy bastard that doesn't want to work or The U.S. can take over the world. You tell meB|