Amazon

I Feel the Earth Move Under My Feet

Yes quake fans.. the Pacific NorthWET is rockin and a rollin tonight. 3.6 Magnitude preliminary... 3 miles east of Bremerton WA, And now a couple more up on the other side of the Cascades too at Lake Chelan..

Ok you guys in California don't laugh too hard but we get em too... only a 3.6 but my cats are freakin out:)
http://www.geophys.washington.edu/recenteqs/latest.htm

Uh I have been in more than one 7+.... I do NOT need a repeat of that.. this one was just a little roll.. BUT historically in the NW there is paleo-evidece of 9+

Hope this is not a precursor

Cascadia Earthquakes and Tsunami Hazard Studies
Recent geologic findings indicate that earthquakes generated within the Cascadia subduction zone pose a significant hazard to urban areas of the Pacific Northwest. Evidence gleaned from syntheses of global subduction-zone attributes as well as from local tsunami deposits have been interpreted to suggest that great earthquakes have rocked the Pacific Northwest perhaps as recently as 300 years ago.
Geodetic-leveling data indicate that a large patch of the interplate decollement (the main fault between the North American Plate and the subducting oceanic plate) off southern Oregon is locked. This and other evidence has led to proposals that an earthquake with a magnitude as large as 9 could someday devastate the region.

Hey you gotta be TOUGH to live up here.. don't forget HIGH suicide rate due to S.A.D.( Seasonal Affected Disorder. Snow and Ice storm last week.. raining all this week.. BUT I did get in 7 jumps last weekend. I like landing at the airport at Snohomish.. accuracy COUNTS.. bwahahaha

The ice storm was really hard on the special little poplar hybrids they are growing for pulpwood for the papermills.. whole stands of them fell over from being covered in ice.

See all of this bad stuff does serve the purpose... it keeps most of the Californians at home;)

sorry...:P

'we' are having world war III before the end falls out...

i'm expecting horsemen any min...

so apologies for the unanticipated movements...i

you know if your house is set up right it could be better than the dryer ;):)

Hahaha, being in Ohio, we don't see any earthquakes over here, kinda takes the excitement out of it!! :P

Let us know when there's one big enough to cause mass chaos, riots, etc., okay? B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Hahaha, being in Ohio, we don't see any earthquakes over here, kinda takes the excitement out of it!! :P

Let us know when there's one big enough to cause mass chaos, riots, etc., okay? B|

Yeah? Wait till the ole New Madrid system starts acting up again.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Hi, Jeanne...

EQ's in the PNW are not uncommon...and the mag is rather normal for the region. Here's a link (EQ's in the NW) that will show ongoing, current activity. The consideration would be if they cluster near/on one of the volcanos. But that doesn't look like it's happening...

As for you, WrongWay, Ohio can get eq's. One of the largest faults in the US rolls through Ohio, and pretty much the entire center of the contiguous US. HAH! for you. They are infrequent, but they do happen there, as well. Here's a link....Ohio Seismicity.

Actually, eq's can happen anywhere, but that's a whole 'nother post....

Ciels-
Michele

edited to add Ohio link.

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Biggest one I've been in was El Salvador 1985, 7.6 mag. I will always remember the rumbling/roar noise I heard a few seconds before it started shaking. Then moved to Los Angeles and slept through the 1994 Northridge quake. My step dad waking me up scared the crap out of me though.

Sunshine

Remind me again why i'm supposed to come visit you?

Cause its really pretty..and I have lots of fun up here.. Fire and ice baby:)
Wrongway

Hahaha, being in Ohio, we don't see any earthquakes over here, kinda takes the excitement out of it!!

Dude the last time the New MAdrid fault fired off back in the early 1800's it shifted the channel of the Mississippi and rang church bells in Boston...Just wait its coming.

Ivan, Dear..... PLEASE STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER
I know it will be hard for you as an IT guy but you must work very hard on this addiction...

KERRY..... miss ya in Blether....hope you get all settled in so you can pull out your CD's, Caroles is in there somewhere;)

Here sing to yourself...

I Feel The Earth Move
Carole King

(Written by: Carole King)

I feel the earth move under my feet
I feel the sky tumbling down, tumbling down
I feel my heart start to trembling
Whenever you're around

Ooh, baby, when I see your face
Mellow as the month of May
Oh, darling, I can't stand it
When you look at me that way

I feel my heart start to trembling
Whenever you're around

Oh, darling, when you're near me
And you tenderly call my name
I know that my emotions
Are something I just can't tame
I've just got to have you, baby

I feel the sky tumbling down
I just lose control
Down to my very soul
I get a hot and cold all over
I feel the sky tumbling down,
Tumbling down, tumbling down...

Ahh great skydiving song... I think she was talking about some of the RW loads I was on last year....

I feel the sky tumbling down