AggieDave

Whats your favorite not-hot sauce?

For me, its A1. That stuff is great, you could take an old boot, heat it up, cover it with A1 and you'd enjoy every bite.

Pour some in your stew, pour some in your chili...hell, I like pouring some in a boll and dipping rolls in it.

What about you, what do you like?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

My favorite not-hot sauce is Pesto!!! YumYumYum. Basil and garlic pesto is my favorite, but sundried tomato pesto and cilantro-garlic pesto are right behind it! edit to add: B-B-Q sauce and Sweet-Sour sauce!

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

My favorite sauce of all time is Kraft 1000 island dressing. You can put it on just about anything and instantly transform it into a work of art. I love 1000 island on burgers, baked potatoes, celery, brocoli, steaks, cheese, oh yea and salads from time to time. Rach dressing is a close second. But, the most perfect topping that is available for anything is Pace picante sauce. The thick and chuncky stuff. I love it......Now, where is my food??
The primary purpose of the Armed Forces is to prepare for and to prevail in combat should the need arise.

Hmmm. Some of you have already hit my biggies: I love A-1 (have since I was a kid), and I also love Worcestershire sauce, and I also love basil pesto (Buitoni makes a good one). If you like A-1, try Pickapeppa. It's a Jamaican sauce very much like A-1 but it's a tiny bit spicy.

I'm very big on cucumber yogurt sauce. It's the kind of stuff you get on a Greek gyro, or souvlaki or best of all falafel.

I make it with plain nonfat yogurt, lemon juice, minced garlic, fresh ground black pepper and finely chopped cucumber. It's the freshest tasting stuff, so delicious on the falafel balls (which are good themselves). Easy to make, too. Try it!

---Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce :)

Oh yeah !!!
That as a marinade for some shrimp is pretty good.
Damn he even spelled it right.

A1-Bold is pretty good too, but Worsh takes my vote home.

Damn - Now I want to eat a slightly singed piece of cow. But then I don't put sauces on that I just grill it in a lemon bath w' a garlic/butter sauce.

Now I REALLY need some cow!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce :)

Oh yeah !!!
That as a marinade for some shrimp is pretty good.
Damn he even spelled it right.

A1-Bold is pretty good too, but Worsh takes my vote home.

Damn - Now I want to eat a slightly singed piece of cow. But then I don't put sauces on that I just grill it in a lemon bath w' a garlic/butter sauce.

Now I REALLY need some cow!

I know it's not a sauce, but a yummy food combo is from Wendys. Hot salty french fries dipped in a cold sweet frostie! Mmmm:P

I make a simmering sauce which is based on a cuban recipe, but is not hot. It'a tomatos, tomato paste, burgundy wine, onion, garlic, green peppers, green olices finely chopped, a bit of brown sugar, some capers if you like those, red wine vinegar, olive oil, cumin, cinnamon, basil, cloves, orgean, nutmeg and cheyenne pepper (only wee small amounts (like half pinches) of the spices...).

Cook ground beef until it's almost done, add the simmering sauce, and simmer for a few minutes. Make some rice, and serve the beef and sauce over the rice.

There are about a million sauces I like...but my favorite recently is either a masala sauce, or a nice saltimbuca sauce. Over a chicken breast sauteed in a nice mix of garlic and olive oil, with mushrooms and onions....

Oh yeah, time for dinner. :D

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Not to just follow suit or anything, but mine is A-1 as well. Specifically the Bold and Spicy line, provided that doesn't fall into the "hot sauce" line, which it probably shouldn't.

-Kramer

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

Ooh! Oooh! This sweet/sour stuff we get from the Filipino store in town. I'm not at home, or I'd have a better description than that. It's actually got a little kick to it, so maybe it's not welcome in this non-hot thread. :PB|
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.