LuvToFly

Christian Skydiving Association

Saw a link to this -

Does anyone here belong to this organization?

And if so, would you please communicate something about that group - Thought some folks may want to know -

"The helicopter approaches closer than any other to fulfillment
of mankind's ancient dreams of a magic carpet" - Igor Sikorsky

I know of three people at my dz that are members- I will send one of them this link and see if he has anything to add.
I have asked him before and I dont really think that it is something that is really involved- like you join and get a patch and then you can meet to jump with others sometimes if you want. Not a bad thing to join though. We'll see what Jeff says.
Blue skies and SAFE landings!
~Amanda~

seems to me -- and this is purely based on personal experience -- that A LOT of the skydivers i've come across have an aetheist/agnostic view....
....anyone else agree?
i don't know many skydivers that get up & go to church on Sunday mornings either (maybe it's just always been blue skies?! ;))

see the world! http://gorocketdog.blogspot.com

That has not been my experience. In my few years in this sport I've met people from many different faiths. I've also met agnostics/athiests. I don't think that skydivers are really any different than the rest of the world, at least when it comes to their personal faith.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

I am a member of the CSA. I personally think it is a great organization as far as skydiving goes. Unfortunately no, there are not many skydivers who get up and go to church. When I am not working at the DZ, I do however. There are a few little perks to being a member of the CSA. You get a nifty little patch, and at many boogies, they will gather and organize some jumps just for CSA members. I live my life according to the Word. I live for Christ alone. He is my passion, and through Him, I am able to enjoy skydiving and the thrill of gravity that He has graciously given to us. Pretty much everyone at the dropzone has noticed that I live my life differently from the normal party animals that surround the skydiving world. I challenge all who are a Christian to join the CSA and spread the love of Christ. Eternal salvation is a BIG deal when participating in a risky sport such as skydiving. I am not afraid to go in or bounce, because my heart is with the Lord and I know I would be to if that were to happen. Where are you going? Think about that...

USPA Strong T-I, AFF-I, Coach, Videographer/photographer.

If that is so, do you pray in your church....and to whom? Almighty God gave you the sky

Yes I do... I live in one of the most scenic areas in the lower 48 states where there is a dropzone. Every time I am riding to altitude I am looking around like a tourist that has come here for the first time. To the West is Puget Sound and the Olympic Mountains on the other side. To the East is the American Alps in the Cascade Mountains. Below us is a beautiful green valley. What better way to realize the wonders that GOD has created for us here on this plane of existence. I think she did a really glorious job with creation. Thank you for all that is good in this world and may we all work on those things that are not so good.. to make them better.

I don't know of anyone who belongs to that organization, but it certainly sounds interesting. Imagine that: Giving Praise to God as you Fall through His glorious Heavens... what a concept. I am sure that He smiles on those who love to enjoy the life He has blessed them with, yet still recognize that it is He who enables them to do so.

-'People plan the way the want to live, but only God enables them to do so.' Proverbs 16:9

Pilot Dave; I am glad you were "JUST KIDDING". I am also glad that you took the time to read my post, and hope you will think hard on it.

It will be the most important thinking you've ever done.

How will you spend eternity....smoking or non smoking

and I'M NOT KIDDING

I am also very pleased to see the posts following yours...that there are Christians who are willing to stand up for Christ. May God bless you all !!!

Bill Cole D-41

Bill, I passed up a chance to jump today for something far more important, my two nephews confessed their faith and were baptized :)
I try to do the "church thing" on Saturday evenings, so my Sunday mornings can be spent in the sky.....

When I'm up in the air, it's like I'm closer to heaven; I can't explain the feeling.

— Jeffrey Gagliano

I don't know of anyone who belongs to that organization, but it certainly sounds interesting. Imagine that: Giving Praise to God as you Fall through His glorious Heavens... what a concept. I am sure that He smiles on those who love to enjoy the life He has blessed them with, yet still recognize that it is He who enables them to do so.

-'People plan the way the want to live, but only God enables them to do so.' Proverbs 16:9

OK, am I the only one to notice how eerily trollish this post is? I mean, I'm cool with skydivers voicing their faith, but this is a troll if I've ever seen, and a prosthelytizing troll at that!

Never go to a DZ strip show.

troll v. 'To fish for by trailing a baited line from behind a slowly moving boat.'

My comments certainly did not mean to 'troll' anyone along, nor where my comments designed to be evangelistic... they served one purpose, to encourage those such as chuteless and LuvToFly. As you can see from some of the conversations in this post, there are certainly not many in this server who support them...

I am sorry if these statements made you uncomfortable, I am not here to try and make any convert or anything... I simply post truth, and anyone is free to look, or turn away - to read and think - or to read and laugh off...

Blue skies and fly high....

P.S. Your not damned if you do.

OK, am I the only one to notice how eerily trollish this post is? I mean, I'm cool with skydivers voicing their faith, but this is a troll if I've ever seen, and a prosthelytizing troll at that!

Benny, the version of "troll" that you use is much more sinister than what is exhibited here.

I have had my own struggles with faith over the years. One thing that I found warming was that faith was there for the taking any time. There were those who were very strong in their faith but did not shove it down my throat. Some seem to think that any mention of faith is an attempt to convert. Why would you feel so uncomfortable about people who do profess (not confess) their faith during certain conversations of the day? The mear mention of Jesus, God, or Holy Spirit tends to make some feel unseasy? Why is that? If you are certain of your beliefs then you should not worry. But if you do feel uneasy then maybe there is something nagging at the back of your mind that you are supressing. It may be that you do want to believe but it is not fashionable for you right now. It's ok. Faith is there for the taking whenever, where ever.

I don't walk a straight line in my faith. Life is a rocky road. I have recently felt it more though. And I'm happy about that for me. I hope you are satisfied in your own life.

No, I do not belong to the CSA but I am in a Cross jump picture that appears on their website. That was a cool thing for me to be involved in. It has a special place in my heart and mind.
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

No, I do not belong to the CSA but I am in a Cross jump picture that appears on their website. That was a cool thing for me to be involved in. It has a special place in my heart and mind.

That is really neat, Chris.

I agree totally with your post, too :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
earthbound misfit

my two nephews confessed their faith and were baptized :)

Get 'em while they're young!
I wonder if the tobacco industry took notes from the church?:o
-Josh
If you have time to panic, you have time to do something more productive. -Me*
*Ron has accused me of plagiarizing this quote. He attributes it to Douglas Adams.

I don't know of anyone who belongs to that organization, but it certainly sounds interesting. Imagine that: Giving Praise to God as you Fall through His glorious Heavens...

lots of people do this as well, feel her breath and voice on the wind everyday without need of an organization who so narrowly defines God.

OK, am I the only one to notice how eerily trollish this post is?

There are all sorts of skydivers. I actually do go to church most Sundays; a particular church. I'm also the treasurer of my church. It's a piece of me, in my case, and it gives me something I don't get from skydiving, or working, or anything else I do. It fits me.

I don't talk about it, but I don't necessarily talk about a lot anyway. Other people feel the need to tell people about it. Just like some people feel the need to talk football, fashion or -- taDAAAAA!! politics ;).

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)