cocheese

What goes through your mind at Pull Time ?

I think my heart and breathing stops as I try to feel everything and listen and see if it's all good. Sensory perception seems high ,but rushed. So many things going on at a time. But it's usually over so quickly. I hear myself saying " C'mon Baby... open up! " "ahhhhh
Thanks (packers name) or if I packed it myself. .."sweet it worked !"

Damn....You still feel like that after 940 jumps? Thats pretty much how I feel as well, I just thought it would change with time.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I had to think about this one. . .I think I do kind of hold my breath until the canopy is fully inflated. . .I am going to have to pay attention at pull time to see what I actually am thinking about. . .I guess I am too new to remember everything. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

I hold my head if I wear the camera.
and try and feel when the pod gets out.
I always think :
Sh*t, another part of the fun is over
Yahoo, another part of the fun is starting.
Yahoo-bis, getting closer to the next jump
----------
Fumer tue, péter pue
-------------
ourson #10, Mosquito Uno, CBT 579

1) Time for another way to have fun -
2) ok, get the PC out.
3) Feel for the snach force - ok good - no PC in tow
4) get ready to cut camera away - ok - good - no need
5) anyone in front of me, to the sides, behind?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

come on ... come on ....ok please open ....well you can quit snivvling already... ok quit messing around with me.... your not funny dang it ....OPEN .... its opens and im like see i wasnt scared ... im cool:P:)

i used to do alot of things ....skydiving wont be one of them :)

I don't really think about mals, but I do prepare myself for the possibility of an off-heading opening or the potential to have to steer away from another canopy. If I've jumped with a big group and / or I don't have as much separation as I'd like, that anticipation becomes heightened.

I also talk to my canopy if it's not opening the way I want it to. I never yell - I find coaxing works better...:)

For about 5-10 jumps after my chest strap smacked me in the face (left a nice hicky-looking thing on my chin) and my feet almost kicked me in the back of my head, I was terrified at pull time.

Now all I think is, "Is there anyone around me? Nope! Good!". Oh, and I still think, "Arch, Reach Pull, Arch!". Yep, I'm a newbie. :D

Kelly

I turn my hands into puppets and have them start yelling at each other..

'Pull!'
'No, YOU Pull!'
'No, I'm not going to pull until YOU pull'
'Pull!!!'

Eventually one of them chickens out and pulls something.

bonus points for you, buddy!

LMAO! ;)

soon to be gone

Altitude, one final look around, throw pilot chute, keep shoulders and hips level, ready to get on rear risers and looking around for other canopies… check canopy, check airspace and opening point, release brakes, check airspace again, control check, check airspace… fly… (with eyes wide open)! ;)

Vicki

My thoughts at pull time:

Look at the horizon

think stable

ok, reach, pull and then pay attention and try to feel everything that happens afterward.

once it's open i give a little whoop if it was a great skydive or chide myself if we were all over the place.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

The most tense I get is JUST after I let go of my P/C. I have had some pretty good P/C hesitations and I'm fairly fearful of a P/C in tow. Once I feel the pin come out and the bag leave I calm down. I know that will leave if I pull the handle. That second or so seems like an ETERNITY!:D

same here. i just check my airspace, pull, look at my altimeter, grab my risers, watch the canopy inflate, check airspace, check altimeter again (i like to know how long it takes my canopy to inflate) pull toggles, stow slider, and its fuuuunn time!! B|

if it was a bad jump i yell a few obscenities at myself, and if it was good, i just grin and holler a few times. B|