TheBile

The toilet facilities at your DZ. Are they ........

I've only ever been to 3 DZ's in my short time but the toilets in all three could have done with some improvement. Is this common amongst DZ's all over the world or not ?
Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

It's a waze away, but the facilities are great - commercial bathrooms cleaned 2wice a day at the FBO - It's a bit of a walk - but it is well worth it.

Oh forgot -

It has complimentary stuff in it too - like mouth wash and deoderant and I think some colognes, but not sure about the last one.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I've only ever been to 3 DZ's in my short time but the toilets in all three could have done with some improvement. Is this common amongst DZ's all over the world or not ?

Skydive Chicago. New, clean, hot and cold running water for the washbasins, separate ladies and gents, ample number, heated in winter, A/C in summer.

Aren't they all like this?B|

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Skydive Chicago. New, clean, hot and cold running water for the washbasins, separate ladies and gents, ample number, heated in winter, A/C in summer.

And all that can be ruined in a second by a nervous Tandem passenger pebble-dashing the entire cubicle before their trip to alti.:S
Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

And all that can be ruined in a second by a nervous Tandem passenger pebble-dashing the entire cubicle before their trip to alti.:S

Really? There are so many that this one tandem passenger would have to rush around alot to mess them all up.

You just sound jealous.:P

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Skydive spaceland.
pretty nice facility. better than many skydivers home bathrooms I would say. never taken a shower there, but they look ok..

jsut wnt to mosspoint/ gold coast... thought those were really nice bathrooms. there were only 2 showers (which made it kinda cold if you werent in there early) but they had shelves with soaps, shampoos, shaving cream , rasors, tooth brushes (yes still in the packages) toothpast, deodorant, q-tips, jsut about anything you needed compliments of the DZ (or to the hotels where it was all taken from:)

that that was pretty cool..very homely

Porta potties. They change them out on Wednesdays. No running water.

Feel the love.

B|

They actually change them on Monday. They just sit there all clean for two whole days!

That is unless the wind blows them down! ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

The restrooms are just fine at ASC! Clean, Hot & cold running water, showers, no complaints!
--------
To put your life in danger from time to time ... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.

--Nevil Shute, Slide Rule

no running watter at the dz unless you steal it from the fire hydrant.. yes it is done... and we have three, yes count em three pprta potties... not to bad actually.. they are down and only the dz crew really uses em and they stay pretty clean....

Toilets? You lucky bastard, we have porta potties, and let me tell ya those are NASTY on a busy tandem filled weekend in august.

My experience...

Orange, MA. Pretty good, only 1 but it is clean
Eloy, AZ. Decent, cleaned regularly
Zhills, FL. Decent
Ranch, NY, NASTY, Sulfur water and not cleaned enough UGH!
Sebastian, FL. NASTY! OMG *HURL*. Sebastian makes the ranch look like a friggen palace.
CPI, Porta potties? I don't remember
Northampton, MA, Porta potties, they are emptied often but can really 'stack' up on weekends.

Snore = nice clean bathrooms with a shower for women and a shower for men. . .Only problem is it is FREAKING cold in winter. . .(sorry I am a cold wimp. . .)

Perris= Clean modern facilities. . .very nice.
FGF #6
Darcy

Perris= Clean modern facilities. . .very nice.

Huh? Why modern? It's not "very nice"...imo. At least one of the bathroom doors flies open easily and has needed a lock for a while now...

Believe it or not, the bathrooms are VERY important to me because if I'm having to use a stinky porta potty and fighting the urge to hurl every time...then, I'm not going to be in a hurry to return to that DZ.

My list...
AAW ~Taft, CA - It was small, but the DZ was small. It had only an outdoor shower, which I never saw. (Closed down now...don't know why I included it...sorry.)
Perris, CA - OK, but fix the locks (not my favorite shower) I always feel like you can sort-of see into the bathroom from just outside the door (not sure if you can) making me uncomfortable about changing quickly once inside.
Elsinore, CA - I think that the bathrooms are OK for a DZ, but they could always be better. (It gets stuffy hot in summer) However, I like that the shower water stays hot for quite a while, and that the shower is in a room away from the toilet stalls. I like the privacy.
Taft, CA - Bathroom is quite small, but it's a small DZ...never saw showers.
San Diego, CA - Not very good, but it's there. It needs a shower.
Byron, CA - I have only gone there during a boogie. I had to use a porta-potty in the sweltering heat...not good at all.
Eloy, Arizona - Smallish, and I don't know where the shower was located.
Gold Coast, Mississippi - The best bathrooms hands down with the prettiest decor. There were several bathrooms...two with showers and complimentary towels, hampers for towels, complimentary toiletries. I love how Mike thinks about our comfort. B|

Its a DZ.. not a Hilton. Its not even a Holiday Inn Express.

I'm there to jump, not to look and see what wallpaper border they chose! (Although who would have picked those teddie bears to go with that seashell soap dish? :ph34r::P)
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Its a DZ.. not a Hilton. Its not even a Holiday Inn Express.

I'm there to jump, not to look and see what wallpaper border they chose!

Jesus, I knew someone would say something. I am a girl. I actually have to SIT DOWN to relieve myself. I don't care about many things at a DZ, but a bathroom must be clean, at least. If I can stay at a DZ overnight or for the weekend, then I will. If the bathroom is disgusting, then I cannot feel comfortable enough to stay overnight...do you get it now?

I didn't mention it before, but I have seen what looked like feces, probably from a toilet exploding, covering one of these DZ bathroom toilet stall walls. It had obviously been like that for a while, too. That's pretty disgusting. >:( DZs can at least be sanitary with their restrooms if nothing else. I don't know why that is asking for too much. :|

Edited: Also, I like to shower after jumping, doesn't everyone prefer this?

>I cannot feel comfortable enough to stay overnight...do you get it now?

Not really since the most fun I've had at DZ's is at ones that I put up a tent and they have basic running water and thats about it. Rantoul will be nice once they put up a real showerhouse, but the portible ones they had were great last year as long as there was hot water, better then the spin the dial showers at Couch Freaks :D. Portipotties work as long as they are cleaned every few days. I wear sandles in every DZ shower since athlete foot is so easy to catch... but that goes with any communal shower.

Showering after jumping? Thats what the bonfire is for... to cover up the smell of BO with the smell of JetA and smoke :ph34r:

All that being said SDC's are the nicest I've ever seen. Perris has good ones and Raeford keeps theirs pretty clean too.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

>I cannot feel comfortable enough to stay overnight...do you get it now?

Not really since the most fun I 've had at DZ's...

OK, that is the problem right there. YOU are comparing your needs to mine...a woman with ongoing chronic health problems in which a decently clean bathroom is necessary. (I don't have to spell it out do I? Female issues are difficult to take care of in a porta potty.) I know from experience that men don't even need a bathroom, but, personally, I need a clean bathroom...a shower is a plus.

All that being said SDC's are the nicest I've ever seen. Perris has good ones and Raeford keeps theirs pretty clean too.

Thanks for the hints...I've been to Perris. Maybe I should visit those other 2 DZs.

Jesus, I knew someone would say something. I am a girl.

I would like to go on record as having noticed that a great deal earlier. I knew she was a girl before she posted it. There. ;)

If the bathroom is disgusting, then I cannot feel comfortable enough to stay overnight

You are spending too much time in the bathroom. :ph34r: :ph34r: