Laurel

Mardi Gras Boogie RECAP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was really glad that my girlfriend, Katie, got to make some great skydives and get her PMS number.

No doubt....she got to jump with me. Now get your ass out there and get someone famous to teach her to fly on her head. I took her out and she said that was only her 3rd or 4th time HD. Get on the stick man!!!!

Yeah, Katie made her PMS jump with me and I actually took her and Bonnie head down on exit!! She's got a rockin' sit and I think she'll be a natural on her head!!!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Alli
P.M.S. #3

If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions.

I've heard interesting stories about birdman head down......:P

[hijack]
So who's down for this rumored CASA boogie in Monroe coming up soon?
[/hijack]

All I can say is thank god the beer was free because there were so many firsts!

Yep, I got my first freefly dock, on my hundredth jump, on my first jump with dotcommers, on my first campfire where everyone was in......

And that was just the first jump of the day on Saturday!

PMS: you rock
DZ staff: you especially rock
dotcommers: YOU ALL ROCK!!
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

it was really cool to put some faces to names.. I have a great time and a horrible time a fun time and shitty time...it was an eventful, but overall fun boogie. DEVA...you rock girl! the best thing about this boogie was getting with Wyatt and Deva and creating the CDZ numbers... (Chasing Deva Zoodives)... for the origional 10 people (and I cant remember if any of the origional 10 post) it was sooooooo awesome. surely some of you heard the enthusiasm about the CDZ dives when we were drunk and rambling, but even sober and in hind sight those were some of the best jumps of my life! Thanks to everyone who made the boogie a great one for ME! :P

She's got a rockin' sit

Yes she does! Very solid and I was absolutely SHOCKED at how fast she went. I barely had to compensate at all AND I took a dock on her foot! Got video to prove it. ;)B|

:$:$:$
Thanks for the positive reinforcement... I can't wait to get some coaching soon. We'll be heading back to North Carolina and there are some good FF's there.:)

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

WOW! where do i begin???

upon finally meeting my skysisters ~ i was sooooooooo freaking happy!

RO* (VSG) ~ i am so freaking amazed by this woman! she is so GORGEOUS, Strong & Classy* ro*, where are you honey-boo, i need to chat with you!!! this girl endured A LOT to be in attendance for the boogie --- MAJOR Props for remaining calm & cool thru all the drama ~ i apologize and OWE you A BIG One!

B* (bkdice) ~ she and her lovely boyfriend jonathan (jmfreely)...along with doug (DJL) and danny (themonkey) --- these guys provided me with Wonderful skydives and lots of laughs! b's initiation jump, the tube jump & the Birdman Pantz jump ~ yaaaaaaaay! i had lots of fun with these VA-sweeties!

katie (katiebear) ~ yaaaaaaay! i finally met katie! she is so Beautiful (her smile ROCKS!) she is so full of compliments and i have Many compliments for her in return: she is funny, kind and beautiful inside and out AND she flies Birdman (that's so freaking Cool!) she graced the boogie with her thoughtful presents --- the wonderful glass necklace that i am wearing at this very moment! she and Chuck (SM1) are so freaking Cute! geez, i love happy couples!!!

Jeanne (Amazon) ~ i rec'd an Amazon-Hug (actually me, bettina & alli) my inititiation jump with jeanne was so much fun ~ knee-flying with someone on their belly is GREAT fun! thank you jeanne for being such a sweetheart!!! i can't wait to visit washington someday**

katie (katieatasc) ~ i had so much fun playing with her, she is so freaking funny --- i am happy she broke into the RW-scene and rocked it out with the 5-ways! what sweet-diversity!

casie (casie) ~ awwww, what a Sweetie-head! i didn't get a chance to chat with casie much, but she is such a sincere and kind girl --- i shall have to visit you in texas casie! i LOVE san marcos, so, skydive san marcos sounds Really Good^^

i met many other dz.commers: kansascity (who i met briefly but wished i could've chatted more), superwoman (she rocks because she flies birdman and she's super cool-sweet too!), kennedy (i chatted with him a few times, but i wish i could've chatted more), bmcd308, drakeshelby (met brent and kevin in the ramada elevator --but brent got really sick which i learned from kevin the following day ~ hope you are feeling better brent :)yoshi & wyatt are super cool sweeties! wish i could have made the tube-jump with them ~ but i think they had tons-o-fun with the zoo-dives :D and i met aviatrr and yardhippie on the Casa! and i chatted with ladyskydiver & i think kramer was there too!

thank you to skydive atlanta (super fab-kingair) & SOBE (super sweet Otter) for gracing the boogie with your COOL airplanes!!! yeah yeah baby-cakes ~ We had tons-o-fun in the Casa too!!!

davey-B, imo, the greatest freefly-coach in the world of skydiving! did a great job with me and waldo (from skydive orange). kudos to DB & Mike (from team Loki) for organizing Sweet skydives for all the little freefly-boogie-bunny-heads! and Guy Wright did a super job as well with the RW-peeps! yaaaaaay!

elisa-dove & gilly-fozchek ~ i LOVE you GIRLS SO FREAKING MUCH!!!! and our tallahasse family (brian, cremmons & super-Brie) LOVE those sweeties TOO!!!

the Gold Coast Family (you all know who you are) and our dear father and mommy (Mike Igo & Leanne) delivered a wonderful boogie. MANY THANKS for allowing me to meet all the super-sweethearts at the boogie!!!

congrats to all the new pink mafia sisters: I LOVE YOU ALL.... YOU ROCK!!!

thank you my little lorelei (laurel) for starting this Recap Thread -- I LOVE you so much!

edited to recognize: How in tar-nation could i forget the one & only NIGHTJUMPER!!! awwww, Mike is such a Sweetheart!!! thank you mike for the funny-chats* if only YOU AND our lovely-Peter could've attended together*

~ meL* Pink Mafia / Tunnel Mafia Sister

Mel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That post was so sweet I had to brush my teeth before replying!B|

This was absolutely the most fanstastic boogie. I am so glad I got to go. The whole way home Ron and I kept remarking how much fun we had, how many totally rockin' jumps we did, and how glad we are we went. :) How much you wanna bet that the next women's freefly world record will be all pinkies?!

Fall in dove.

Despite experiencing some unforeseen mishaps, I'm STILL glad that I went to Mississippi. Mel, Alli and Jason made up for the rest of the trip in the few hours that I was able to spend with them at the hotel Saturday before my flight back to California at 7 am Sunday. :)
Initially, for this trip, everything that could go wrong for me...DID. Plane delays, lost luggage, woke up very sick on Friday, bloated up like a cow and in pain still on Saturday, went low (yes, low) on a 10-way :( (SUPER embarrassing), roommate issues...waiting for hours for rides to and from the DZ on Saturday (I wanted to jump earlier [:/])~ being forgotten with wet hair on DZ after jumping...hunting down my luggage after being ditched...you get the picture. My return flight was just as strange with major weather problems forcing my flight to land in Houston, instead of Dallas. Then, we finally made it to Dallas, but we had to take alternate flights. I landed in Los Angeles last night, 6 hours late...sometimes, you just have to laugh. :ph34r:

Enter Melstarr (my sweet angel girl), Charlie Brown (who saved me by driving me around to look for my luggage), male Kim (DZ cook and kick ass skydiver, who spread around a rumor that I am a kick ass flyer, myself...wtf? :$ Thanks Kim....I am VERY flattered) and the four other guys that I jumped those fun 5-ways with the rest of Saturday and who made me feel so worthy of my flying, again. Thank you guys for saving me from all the negatives.

Also, I am super grateful to the 2 awesome guys (forgot their names :$) who picked me up from the airport and waited for me as the luggage crap was settled, then drove me to dinner with a group of friends, then to the hotel bar, then made sure that I had a place to stay. Thank you Brooke's BF, and Brooke and Mel for arranging that.

Add Mike Igo (total sweetheart...always making sure I was happy), Jason :)), Kennedy (major sweetie...thanks for the cup cozy)), Bettina (happiest smile ever), Dove (my fire cuddle buddy), Katiebear (thank you for the gorgeous necklace :)
I was not able to talk too much with the DZ.commers or even to jump with them too much, but I love that we all saw each other if only for a very brief moment. I would mention you all by names, but I don't want to exclude anyone. I also am sooo glad to have seen the familiar faces from Eloy. I love you all. Btw, if you are a DZ.commer who didn't talk to me at the DZ, but sent me a PM...and you all know who you are...I can't believe that you guys were shy. Ahem...I was NOT "surrounded by men"...I was sitting with my PM sisters on Saturday night. B|

About Mel...late Saturday night~
Mel was so thoughtful as she rushed off to pick up a late supper/drinks for us, while Alli and Jason rested or showered, and I packed my bags in her hotel room. She was truly so nurturing, cleaning up after us and making sure that I had a ride from and to the airport (I called a taxi as it was for 5 am) Her and I even stayed up until 4 am talking when we finally spent some time together. (I am so sorry, Mel, for keeping you up.) She was so concerned that my trip was not the fun that it could have been, but just being around the love in her, Jason and Alli's room made up for the rest of the trip. I couldn't ask for better friends. :) :)
(Edited because I wrote down the wrong name. :S)

yeah - i'm not so good with names. i usually remember faces. i can remember a bunch of people i met by their user name - but not all by their real name. :S

i know i met... nightjumper, feeflir29, amazon, n2skydvn, ummmm.... kennedy, yardhippie, yoshi, skymonkey one, katiebear21, volo, melstarr, allisonjr, vanillaskygirl, ummmm..... laurel, dove, kansassskydiver..... and more. i know there were more - but i am just terrible at remembering all the names. [:/] i give up - for now. :)

yeah - i'm not so good with names. i usually remember faces. i can remember a bunch of people i met by their user name - but not their real name. :S

LOL! I remember faces better, too. However, when I remember names, I am your opposite because I remember their real names. Sometimes, I don't even know their user names. :$

Rosa, honey, I am so glad you came to the boogie. I just wish it would have been all smiles instead of obstacles. And despite all of your own troubles, you and Mel still had time to defend me against a rude offender with a tasteless request. Who would have ever guessed that two such petite girls as yourselves would pack such a strong punch!(figuratively)B| Now don't ever let me catch you considering such silly options as sleeping in the packing tent again. Such absurd ideas as that belong to me!:P Glad you got home safely, even if it was 6 hours late.

Fall in dove.

Rosa, I don't think anybody who's spent time with you will forget you! You give the best hugs, and I'd say most memorable, but after being broken in two by Amazon, you get second in that category. :)
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

there is definatly no way i can remember real names.. I am so bad at that. :S twas nice to meet ya tho. wish I was able to jump more with some of the commers, but I was busy having the time of my life and just couldnt seem to come down from cloud 9 until about 7am this morning when I realized I had to head to work. There were a few odd parts about the boogie, but I did have a great time. the people definately made it. I have been to a handfull of boogie that the atmosphere is better, the planes may be considered better, the weather was better etc...BUT the people at Gold Coast were some of the most genuine down to earth people I have ever met. :)

How much you wanna bet that the next women's freefly world record will be all pinkies?!

I would love to see that happen!!! A pretty good bit of the girls that made the record in November are PMS!!! Thanks for the kind words about the Mafia. We love you, Dove!!! :)
Alli
P.M.S. #3

Now don't ever let me catch you considering such silly options as sleeping in the packing tent again. Such absurd ideas as that belong to me!

hey that packing tent proved nice and warm and dry for me!:P I made it from wed night to sunday without unpacking my tent:P

although on friday night I was all crashed out on my air mattress and some guy came and crawled on the airmattress with me..obviously drunk amung possible other things..and mumbled about $2000, a bike, a pin. eventually (after about 30 seconds of me goining : WTF?!?!) he got up and climbed into bed with a few other people... wild wild wild..
the story in person I'm sure is more interesting..too long and dont have the inflection to really get the story to carry:D

Rosa - sorry things didn't go as planned during your trip - but you never would have known it because you handled yourself with such grace.

Also, thanks for the "XXXX" CD. Sadly, I love it. :S:P
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

Oh yes, now it all makes sense!!! I kept thinking of your name, looking at your face and wondering where I'd met you before....DZ.COM....duh! Sorry that I backed off the tube jump, but it just seemed like there were waaaaay too many peeps on a tube jump! Our 4-way ended up being great, but the pylon races around the tube must have been a blast!!!

Many apologies for whatever weirdness you may have experienced during the boogie. Hopefully it wasn't one of our locals that bugged you out!! :P
Alli
P.M.S. #3