PhreeZone

Do you post honest feedback?

Something that crossed my mind while watching some videos recently is I noticed that a few skydiving videos in my collection really suck (most of mine are in the group too). I went back and looked at the threads that the videos were first posted in and only then did I realize that some people actually think that the same thing I think is horrible and worthy of ripping my eyes out over if I have to watch it again is "Great" and "I needed that".

So how many people out there actually post their real thoughts, compared to how many post the "sugarcoated" version of their opinions to topics here?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Well it kinda depends on what it is. Like if it's a picture of some girl asking if she looks good with her new rig on...I'd say yes in about any circumstances. She already dropped $3000 on it, it's not going to do her any good to say "nope, it sucks".

But stuff like your skydiving videos, I, for one, try to stay honest. Its hard though, 'cause I like watching footage so much, it all seems kick-ass to me. ;) (Especially your year-end stuff that you posted a while back...I love that video...love it...I think I'll go watch it now...I'm done here).

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

You have a bad movie? NOOOOOOOO

seriously though I have liked all of your videos, the one you gave me of the SGC Big-way was a little sketchy, but understandable since it was a new program you did it with. But still a good video.

By the time you read this you have already read it.

If I do not like it I will not say anything. I see not point in being a jackass. Now if the person is acting like they made the coolest video ever and everyone has gotta love it, and it sucks, well, they opened the door so I get to sock them in the nose.

If I honestly like the vid, I will say so. If I do not I will say nothing at all. I will not, hoever lie about it and say ooo great vid if I don't think it is.

Of course as a newbie any slydiving video is better than mine so I probably will at least enjoy it once.:D

Now if the video was made by someone I know, even a little bit, then I will tell them the whole honest truth. Especially if I did not like it and the person who made it is this dude Eric who goes by Ph . . .:ph34r:

We ar all just different in what we like.

I don't think the Soul Flyers Video is that great but a lot of people think it is the next best thing to air. IMHO the only thing worth watching in it, is the mountain swoop in the Wing Suit.

I liked the Out of the Blue DVD and some hate it.
Dom

it really all depends. i'm not gonna just tell somebody that their video sucks. i might ask them why they were at this angle, why they did this transition, etc. *shrugs* other then that, its all good. I love to watch videos. I just hate it when somebody cannot keep the action in the frame. Thats the only time i go errr... this sucks. :D

Yah like that Steve guy who's made these horrible freeflying, tracking and swooping skydiving videos and keeps on insisting that others watch them (by the way they can be found here). I mean his transitions are out of sync, he jumps all over the place with his action shots (I mean I want to see how the skydive develops) and his music selection bites. He should really go back to being a whuffo as his movies are useless. :P

Hey you shut up there. I like those Bellas movies.

Dang it's hard to live with more than one person in your brain. :P:P:P:P:P:P:P:ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Mike... you just killed any staring part you might have ever played in any of my videos :D

No.. seriously your cut, never to appear in my videos. Ever... :D:P

We still do need to jump together ;)

As for me giving feedback, I give people my thoughts in PM's. Canuck was probally pissed as hell at me for telling him I thought the transition timing was off in his Bella's video but I liked the reedit a lot better...
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I kinda think skydiving vids are a bit like sex.
Its all good unless it makes you sick! :D:D

No really, I have done some stuff my self... and I know it suck... poor editing skills, miscued music, etc. But I, and others watch it... just cuz its cool.

If anything by posting it others who are aspiring can see. Plus, we can all see and hopefully learn what works, what doesnt, etc.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Canuck was probally pissed as hell at me for telling him I thought the transition timing was off in his Bella's video but I liked the reedit a lot better...

I'm still tinkering with it every once in a while, and that whole intro section will be redone after mid April (I need to capture some additional raw footage) and yes I will revisit the thought of getting the transitions on the major beat instead of the beat which is more symmetrical with the music, the time it takes to play this intro etc, etc, etc.

In fact thanks to your feedback and Zenister's I've made more minor enhancements but haven't put them up on the website yet as they are hard to dectect without prior knowledge. :)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Mike... you just killed any staring part you might have ever played in any of my videos :D

No.. seriously your cut, never to appear in my videos. Ever... :D:P

We still do need to jump together ;)

Why the hell would I want to jump with you if you're not wearing a camera? :P Not that you'd be able to keep up with me anyways...:o

BTW, I don't need a staring role....Maybe an ogling role...but not a staring role.. :P

Mike

Mike... ogling Andrea work for you? I can put that in. But no staring or starring roles again!

I've already got that on video(just got the video last weekend)! Need somebody else...hmm....plenty of hotties up there in Ohio...god knows why with the weather...they all need to move to Florida.. I've got lots of room at my house! B|

Mike

I know nothing about video editing, so if I don't like it, I won't say anything at all. I wouldn't be able to give good constructive criticism.

If I say, "I like it!" even if it's just because I'm in it, I mean it!!! :P You've got a lot of great videos, Eric!
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

I say it like it is and post the same way I think/talk in real life.

i agree, although i have learned to keep my feedback to myself unless its asked for... if i absolutely love something I’ll certainly tell you how much I enjoyed it, but I’m not going to tell you how badly it sucks (and possibly ruin someone else’s experience of it) unless some one asks for feedback, most video posts seem to be "hey look what i made!" and there is no reason to criticize such posts or videos unless that is what the creator wants from the forum...

Well Eric your videos are better than mine:ph34r:. Your wingsuits over Rantoul was actually better than I remember live in person. And guess what.... I needed it.

Some people think that ( like Clay ) they are flailing in their video. Not so. I thought his Mardi gras was good too. Good quality of footage will make up for quality of subject some of the time.

I do respond honestly when reviewing peoples stuff. If its lousy I can always keep my mouth shut.

Keep um comin.

all depends..... if the footage is good i might watch it just for that.. but what gets me is a nice sound track that has some good footage.. normally i don't say anything unless i actually like it.....