CanuckInUSA

Deliverance: The movie

I watched Deliverance last night for the first time in a long long time and I just wanted to comment on what a great movie it is. In a time when Hollywood seems to pump up predominately garbage movies, it was refreshing to watch such a great movie from the 70s with it's suspense, intrigue and beautiful scenery (I never knew north Georgia could be so picturesque). Oh and the "Dueling Banjos" scene near the beginning of the movie was fantastic if you like that sort of back woods music (with the inbred kid hill-billy banjo player). The next time you're at the video store, think about passing on the latest Hollywood garbage shoot'em up movie and rent this movie instead (if you've never seen it or haven't seen it for a long while).

That's all ...

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

The "Squeal like a pig" scene was very disturbing. Fantastic acting by Ned Beatty in that scene. you really felt his fear and humiliation.

And how did Ronny Cox get that arm in the position he did on the rock? Is he able to dislocate his arm as he sees fit or was it just a very clever prosthetic ?
Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

The "Squeal like a pig" scene was very disturbing. Fantastic acting by Ned Beatty in that scene. you really felt his fear and humiliation.

Yes that was a disturbing scene. But it doesn't last long and it's one of those "This can happen in real lile, so let's not sugar coat it" scenes.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

As I tend to do when I've been drinking some. I'll pull a movie I own out and sit back an watch it. Did it this weekend, with Full Metal Jacket I love that movie. Hamburger Hill is another classic in my book.

I don't have it on DVD yet, but Bull Durham is another excelent movie.

ya ya I know neither one is from the 70s but still..

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Movies like Deliverance don't come out of the US anymore, unless they are indies. They come out of Europe.

Big budget movies have big budget special effects. Even Hollywood fucks up good movies. "The Vanishing" had a happy ending, unlike the original Dutch version, which was brilliant (btw - Jeff Daniels was pretty awesome in the movie). Even "Insomnia" failed miserably at capturing the conflict of the original.

Deliverance had a story to tell, and it did not need the big budget stuff. Last night, while ill on the couch, my lady and I watched "High Fidelity," which was a charming story and a fun watch. Hell, I even liked Mona Lisa Smile, despite my hatred of Julia Roberts.

Deliverance shows that good movies are based on good stories. The good stories must be brought to the screen in a good way. Hollywood ruins good stories most of the time.

Deliverance got it right.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Deliverance is definately a classic. Such a young Burt Reynolds, and the story line was good. The stories that can "happen to anyone" are always the most scary.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I never knew north Georgia could be so picturesque

North Georgia is unbelievable. My father has a place in N. Carolina. The whole area is gorgeous.

On my drive back from Rantoul this year, our van broke down outside of Chattanooga and we spent the day there. People still use old-fashioned courtesy there. It sure was nice.

I watched Deliverance

I went white-water rafting on that river with one of my sons last summer. It's the Chatooga River, which makes up the border between Georgia and South Carolina. This is where the movie was filmed. It's a National Scenic River, or something like that, which means that no development is allowed within several miles of either riverbank, so it is pure virgin scenary.

We did a two-day raft trip, camping out overnight.

The whole north Georgia area is gorgeous, with many scenic mountains at the end of the Appalchian range, with canyones and waterfalls. As part of the rafting trip, we spent a week camping and hiking in the area.

At last someone agrees with me! I argued with my mom about the similar plot for over an hour!

Deliverance wierded me out completely but i loved it.

I taped "The Deer Hunter" last night too, can't wait to get home and check that out.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

I taped "The Deer Hunter" last night too, can't wait to get home and check that out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pretty good film but the first half just DRAGS...and DRAGS..........

I know where they shot the hunting scenes in that movie... I LUV the high country up there and it can be seen from our jumpship when at altitude.:)

I LUV the high country up there and it can be seen from our jumpship when at altitude.

It is pretty stuff. I really need to go see my house in Montana. I may be doing a fishing trip for a few days in Jun or July. It'll be good to get out on the river again!

It is pretty stuff. I really need to go see my house in Montana. I may be doing a fishing trip for a few days in Jun or July. It'll be good to get out on the river again

Uh there is this little happening the last week of July in Montana ya know...;)

We will be having one hell of a partay... oh and some skydiving will happen too:)

And this is bad...how?

I have a beautiful house in a VERY secluded and serene spot where bears, elk, deer, and even Mountain Lions wander through the yard....you can catch 15+ inch cut throat not 20Ft from the porch.....which I haven't seen since Dec 2000. [:/] That place is like therapy.